Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RC Jet Top Speed????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RC Jet Top Speed????

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 AM
Andy456
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Jet Top Speed????

I really do admire the planes, the slowest of the prop models that appear capable of beyond STOL operation as well as the fastest of the Jets. I'm uncertain if the jets I see in the Sepulveda Basin here in Los Angeles are turbine or ducted fans, I know little beyond the propeller mechanics of the full size planes I have flown. I do know their whine is very loud and similar to the old Lears before the noise restrictions so I suspect some are turbines?
Anyway, it appears to be a great hobby you all participate in. The atmosphere at the little field here reminds me of Oshkosh, where everyone helps everyone and the common thread is the love of flight.

Regards.
Andy.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 AM
indubitably
My Feedback: (14)

Two days ago, my friend invited me out to watch his new U Flash fly. He had kept it light, and had a new P 180 RX in it. He likes short take offs, and vertical climbs. With this configuration, with a short take off roll, it rotates and accelerates going vertical up, like i have never seen before in a jet. It is a total delight to see such a plane perform. We had a radar out with us, and of course we were curious to see what such a plane would do in level flight. The impressive thing is that this plane doesnt weigh any more than if it had a P 80 in it. The plane was in good shape, with no delams on the hinges, and all links with zero slop. My friend was concerned about flutter issues, so we never had a straight on approach, in case it fluttered and left us in line with with its path. There was no one else at the remote flying site. But even with cosign error, we had some respectable speed numbers. The fastest pass i believe was over 184 mph. Way
Old 01-31-2013, 05:43 PM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ghost Rider??? In the jet forums????

Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

Your buddy better get a refund on that jetjunk motor because it's not putting out any power.... I sure do miss the ghost rider threads.... Lol

ORIGINAL: indubitably

Two days ago, my friend invited me out to watch his new U Flash fly. He had kept it light, and had a new P 180 RX in it. He likes short take offs, and vertical climbs. With this configuration, with a short take off roll, it rotates and accelerates going vertical up, like i have never seen before in a jet. It is a total delight to see such a plane perform. We had a radar out with us, and of course we were curious to see what such a plane would do in level flight. The impressive thing is that this plane doesnt weigh any more than if it had a P 80 in it. The plane was in good shape, with no delams on the hinges, and all links with zero slop. My friend was concerned about flutter issues, so we never had a straight on approach, in case it fluttered and left us in line with with its path. There was no one else at the remote flying site. But even with cosign error, we had some respectable speed numbers. The fastest pass i believe was over 184 mph. Way
Old 02-01-2013, 12:12 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

This thread is five years old guys..... Brought back from the dead for no real good reason...

Oh, and sorry guys, no new ghost Rider posts
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

My Habu 32 does 300 mph on the stock setup. Go check out the forum on rcgroups. They all do that now.