Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Stolen Jet-Reward offered

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Stolen Jet-Reward offered

Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
csetting
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen Jet-Reward offered

The issue has been resolved stop this thread right away please. Thanks for everything RCU.

ok
Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
speed is life

ORIGINAL: bobcatfreddy
If you or any one has any thoughts they would like to express then come see me face to face and I'll be happy to answer them.
wooooo........tough guy! Trying to pull the "Tony Soprano" act......
Only a pathetic weasel would scam someone out of their money then try to be a big tough guy.

For Pete's sake "Freddie"; grow a pair, pay the guy now, and take your lumps like a man.

Actually, I'd bet he owes a lot more money to people a LOT more of an immediate threat than either the cops or Chris?
Just my gut feeling? Maybe he got a fish wrapped in a newspaper from some other "fellas" that he cheated?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And this guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4WMglVNsXU
And he filmed the following clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-SgfDsI2U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s67kKfc3ZE
So anyone in these videos should know who they hang out with.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 PM
rcand

ORIGINAL: -JC-

Freddy,

There is only one way for you to properly handle this transaction.

Return the jet to Robbie ASAP for safe keeping until this matter has been resolved. It will stay there until both sides of the story has been established.

You state you have copies of the money orders. Well, in that case, you should send these to Chris's attorney so they can be checked out and if there is some sort of misunderstanding or MO fraud involved, then this can be determined.

By dropping the jet of to Robbie, you show good faith and that you are not looking to scam Chris. Then the matter can be solved without you looking like an a..hole. As of now, you do seem like the bad guy in this deal. Both from previous feedback and from your lack of communication with seller. But, if there is a honest explanation, then you can save your reputation by doing the right thing... Right now. And the right thing is returning the jet to a neutral middle man until the case has been solved.

I don't know either you or Chris, but I do know Robbie. And I hate to see such an outstanding guy being involved in something where he is 100% without fault. Many of us talk to Robbie before a transaction because he knows every jet pilot in SoFla. He would never ''vouch'' for anyone paying, but simply state that he knows the person as being a local jet flyer.
Finally, someone who knows how to make sense of all of this. I know Robbie very well and agree with what you said.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:12 PM
rcand

ORIGINAL: BlueBus320

I had a similar situation years ago with a Paypal transaction. Buyer Paypaled funds & was in a rush to receive the jet. Me being the NY'er that I am, was sceptical of shipping until the funds were cleared & available in my checking account. Good move! I ignored the buyers pressure to ship, so he could have it flight ready by the weekend, & about 5 days later I received an email from Paypal that went something like this ''you are the recipient of fraudulent funds, & must try to retrieve your property''. Now I accept all forms of payment, personal checks, money orders, IOU's, vouchers from your 2nd grade teacher.. It doesn't matter, but nothing leaves my possession until funds are received & cleared in MY bank. Sucks it has to be that way, but bottom line ''Hands up, chin down, PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES''. Good luck getting your four grand, this really stinks & I'm sorry you're going through it[]
Doing online long distance business is risky at best. I hear everyone saying things about making sure the money is in your bank before you ship a product, but how about the risk of the buyer who sends the money and does not receive the product? Personally, I dont sell unless I can do a face to face exchange. True it limits prospective buyers, but it is the safest way.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 PM
warbirdfanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Good point, I always contact the buyer before any transaction and provide them with full address details just incase anything goes wrong but the trouble these days is actually the internet itself. Some still don't realise how easy it is to hide behind a screen and screw them!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM
csetting

House of power has nothing to do with this dispute. Sorry for putting your stores name in this dispute when your store had nothing to do with it.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Skyhigh Bev

[color=#FF0099]Mike (and Gentlemen)

I said early this morning that I would report back... I have spoken twice today to the new President of MPPA (Markham Park Pilots Association) and had him review our club roster for both 2012 and 2013. Freddy del Rosario was not, and is not a member of our club. Here at Markham Park, while we do have several clubs, MPPA being the largest, we do not have authority over who can fly at our field. It is a public County park.
I understand that the Delray airfield which is in Palm Beach County IS controlled by PBRCA (Palm Beach Radio Control Association). To my knowledge, those who fly up there must either be members of that club or a guest of one of the members.

From what I have now read on this thread, an agreement seems to be in the works to finally bring a resolution to this unfortunate incident. I agree that several months exceeds common decency in this case. It has also educated me on some of the policies of PayPal that I think I am going to review for my future use.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Warbirdguy

For those of you who hate forums, this is why we do it. May or May not have been effective in a resolution. My gut feeling is that it has. Peer pressure is sometimes all it takes to force a just outcome.

WBG
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
jamesef91

Thankfully it looks as though this matter has been resolved. I would just like to express my thanx to the moderators for allowing this thread to continue. While it walked a fine line and occasionally probably crossed it I doubt, given the time this apparently had gone on already that it would be resolved now without it. The power of peer pressure, especially in a community as small as ours can be quite effective.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:57 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: csetting

The issue has been resolved stop this thread right away please. Thanks for everything RCU.

ok
Do you have your money in hand yet? If yes, please let us know. If not, do not back off of him , his MO has been lies and excuses and if he says he's making arrangements to get you the money, it's likely just a delay tactic to take the heat off. Make sure you've been paid before letting up.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know any of these people. I had something like this happen to me. I ordered an item from someone in CA. with a US Postal Money Order. Six months went by and I had not received my item. I got in touch with the Post Office. I gave them the serial number from my copy of the Money Order. The post office ran a check on it and found out the guy had cashed the money four months before. I sent the guy a letter with a signature request letting him know what I did. In this letter I stated that this was a Federal case because it involved the Post Office. He could either return my money or ship out the item I ordered. If he didn't do either, then the Postal Inspectors would be looking for him. I receives a registered letter from the Post office to come and sign for a package at the post office. It was my money, not my item. So you see, the Post Office can tell you if the money order was indeed cashed and who signed and cashed it......

Larry
Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Newskin78

Robbie is a piece of garbage for letting something like this happen. First of all to vouch for him then to make a comment on you tube like fly it like its stolen? What a jerk and Freddy you Mr. Tough guy I will be at Markham tomorrow from 11:00 to late afternoon come and see me. I will be the one with a red and white Ultra flash. I would love to see what you can do. Both you and Robbie are spineless piece of crap into book. To steel from a fellow hobbiest is crazy.

Fernando Rodriguez
305-836-3601 FYI here is my number as for me if you can't find me. I would love to say hello
Old 02-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out flying until now.

Couple of things: Freddy did call me and there is a potential resolution in the works. I have asked the moderators to lock the thread (at Chris' request...see he is a nice guy) to give it a little time for Freddy to make it right. If not, well then full steam ahead.

Chris was mistaken in that House of Power Hobbies is not Rob's shop, and apologizes for dragging them into this. I will edit my first post to remove the reference. I think some of the things said about Rob Lynch are a bit unfair as well. As has been stated more than once, Rob is not being held accountable here.

The ball is entirely in Freddy court to make it right.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:31 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

wow wow wow.

In case you guys didn't know I sold him this skymaster hawk: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=854755

I shipped the hawk first because originally we were going to meet to do the exchange, it was shipped to house of power hobbies.

The plan was both people would ship simultaneously, I ship the jet and fredddy shipps payment. He said he did, well I didn't get anything until 2 weeks after the plane was delivered, 3 weeks total.

Mind you he said the original payment was lost, didn't have anything to prove it, just said secretary screwed up... I threatened to call the police and come down to Florida myself, after that 3 days later I got the the money orders (5 of them western union).

So I don't know what to say, If Freddy can post pictures of the money orders, than I would say look they got lost and he's out double money, no proof of the money orders, than I think this guy is very shaddy and should not be allowed to trade on RCU.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:36 PM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Hire someone to go get it, or the money. Soprano tactic but it works.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:43 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

i have been to rc swap meets and have things stolden from me>> i bought 2 cups for 20.00 each both kits got home only one was there the other had scraps of wood how can model flyers do this to another flyer> but the good neews is i seen this guy 2 months later and gave him the kits back and got my money back now i look at the kits
Old 02-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

In Oz we can direct credit a person's account via a bank transfer over the net.

You need the sellers:

Bank name, bank branch number, account name, account number.

Clearance time, about a day.

Used it recently to sell a radio, once the funds are in your account, you ship.

Does the US have a system like this rather than cheques & money orders? - John.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

First of all, can we PLEASE stop with the "man, why would you ever send someone something without getting payment first" crap. Talk about kicking a guy when he's down. I think Chris knows he made a mistake. Stop stating the obvious over and over again!

Secondly, if this guy had indeed sent a money order, how is he NOT on here posting a photo of the receipt? I'm sure he can't answer that since he never purchased one!!! Sorry about all this Chris. Chris and I used to fly up at the Fresno Jet Rally back in the late 90's. He is definitely one of the good guys.

Hope it all works out for you dude **EDIT - looks like it's gonna work out after all***

-Spence
Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
teambutter
My Feedback: (36)

ORIGINAL: Newskin78

Robbie is a piece of garbage for letting something like this happen. First of all to vouch for him then to make a comment on you tube like fly it like its stolen? What a jerk and Freddy you Mr. Tough guy I will be at Markham tomorrow from 11:00 to late afternoon come and see me. I will be the one with a red and white Ultra flash. I would love to see what you can do. Both you and Robbie are spineless piece of crap into book. To steel from a fellow hobbiest is crazy.

Fernando Rodriguez
305-836-3601 FYI here is my number as for me if you can't find me. I would love to say hello
You sir are the epitome of a MORON. Who the FCUK do you think you are calling Robbie a piece of garbage? You come on this thread AFTER the O.P has posted that a potential resolution is in the works, has said NUMEROUS times neither Robbie, nor House Of Power is implicated in any way, shape or form. You come parading onto this thread like Barney bad *****, which I can assure you are not. Don't post about things you have no first hand knowledge of, much less insult someone you obviously don't even know(Rob) and threatening another (Freddy).

This is precisely why these threads get locked. There seems to be a resolution in place so let's leave the Seller (Chris) and accused thief (Freddy) to resolve it.

**edited because I can't stand spelling errors.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Dumb dumb I'm outa here by buy bye .....

Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Axle Al
My Feedback: (25)

why don't you shut up you freak
Old 02-02-2013, 05:33 PM
csetting

come on I said Freddy made It good. The subject is getting out of hand so please help me out and stop the posting.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Axle Al
My Feedback: (25)

yes you are very upset by this and are entitled to your opinion. I support that! I want to point out to all that the current state of the hobby has many people flying expensive models built by those that know how to buildand paid for and flown by those that dont even understand the basics of a model or real plane. this is by many considered the end of an era of model aviation., the jet crowd of course is in the forefront of this transitionfrom kit built prop jobs to turn key jets. this is why we now have $4000 plus models traded and sold among wealthy people. when the price of a plane was in the hundreds there was more trust, now that they are into the thousands there is more incentive to steal. car theifs go for bmw not junk **** chevys. I submit that this guy be awarded as the first internet high tech jet thief of the hobby and be laughed out and osticized. but big deal, we got many more worse criminals in our world, it's almost funny," fly it like you stole it" california passed a constutional amendment that gave the death penalty to car jackers, it was turned over by a liberal judge. so when do we get model planes get "jacked" at the airfeild? when the models start to cost $50,000? the model airplane needs to go back to a model airplane. if thats not enough then buy a real one
Old 02-02-2013, 05:44 PM
csetting

moderator can you please close this thread?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.