Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM Warbids

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Eugene West
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESM Warbids

Does anyone know why Troy Built have raise there prices 20 to 30 bucks on there ESM Warbirds. I've check VQ and ARF PROSand they still have the old pricing below what Troy Built has on there website now. Isn't ARF PROS the dealer in the USfor these ESM planes?

Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Whistling Death

Default RE: ESM Warbids

ORIGINAL: Eugene West

Does anyone know why Troy Built have raise there prices 20 to 30 bucks on there ESM Warbirds. I've check VQ and ARF PROS and they still have the old pricing below what Troy Built has on there website now. Isn't ARF PROS the dealer in the US for these ESM planes?

If you think their prices are high put a plane in the shopping cart and see hat the shipping says.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Luftwaffe60

I'm sure others will follow soon because ESM raised there prices to the vendors a few months ago. This is according to emails sent out from Troy Built Models to there members. They Troybuilt models tried to keep there prices down for as long as they could for us! Troy built models gave us plenty of notice to purchase before the price hike!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
STUKA BARRY

Virginia Model Builders is a direct drop ship for all ESM planes. Give Simon a call for the cheapest prices. WARNING: He luvs to talk, be prepared. He's a super nice guy thats also a weekly flyer.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Eugene West
My Feedback: (11)

Thanks for your reply. So who is the USdistributor for these planes now?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:16 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Troybuilt is the US distributor. They had it awile ago after KMP was dropped by ESM. Then, ARF Pros took over distribution rights, then it moved to Hollys Hobbies, but....troybuilt was the only one that could continually move enough product to satisfy ESM. So troybuilt got the distribution rights back. ALL ESM planes thaat any dealer in the USA sells gets them from Troybuilt....this includes VQwarbirds, Virginia Model builders, etc.
Any of the dealers that have lower prices then what is currently shown on troybuolts site are probably still selling off inventory they had before the price increases came along. But...$20-30 isnbt that much. At least its not liek top flite where certain planes were selling for $549 and then suddenly now they're 699
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: Eugene West

Does anyone know why Troy Built have raise there prices 20 to 30 bucks on there ESM Warbirds. I've check VQ and ARF PROS and they still have the old pricing below what Troy Built has on there website now. Isn't ARF PROS the dealer in the US for these ESM planes?

If you think their prices are high put a plane in the shopping cart and see hat the shipping says.
TBM is way to high on their shipping but put one in the basket at Virginia Model builders. TBM will no longer put smaller packages inside the plane box. It's an extra shipping charge for the other item. The shipping charges has killed a lot of deals for me and others as well I'll bet.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:40 AM
Smackdown

I've bought two ESM planes. A 72" Spit and a 72" FW190. I'm not impressed with ESM quality, especially at this price point. I don't much like the covering, the split flaps often warp and don't fit properly, the hardware is pure junk, some plastic items are brittle and thin, and the bracing is all hot glued into the fuselage. I won't be buying another ESM plane. I do like their scale looks and paint jobs, and they are often the only offering in some sizes. But I won't go that route again.

Last edited by Smackdown; 02-26-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:52 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I like Troy built models and have a few ESM birds last being the B25. While I admit the box was big $150 for shipping was hard to swallow
Old 02-26-2014, 07:45 PM
dmyers0403
My Feedback: (48)

Shipping has stopped me and friends from at least three kits in the last month. Just too high.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Whistling Death

I haven't bought any giant scale arfs since shipping skyrocketed up a few years ago. The high shipping has made building affordable again.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:37 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You know what they should do is give free shipping to local hobby stores to give them the advantage back

While most local hobby stores dont charge shipping they have to for the gaint scale arfs. Even tower charges $75 for shipping on gaint scale