Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio for a beginner

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
lhmai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio for a beginner

Hi all, new to RC here. What do you suggest is a good radio for a beginner? I am building my on road Tamiya TT01E kit right now and am looking to just do fun runs in empty parking lots. Racing may come later down the road. I've seen on other forums about Flysky Gt3b and Gt3c... any good?

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Radio for a beginner

Hey there bud... I just got back into rc agian but this time alot more serious then I ever was...I just got the Spektrum dx3s 2.4 transmitter.. I chose it because it has three channels and 10 model memory. So if I choose to get into crawling and stuff I have that extra channel and don't have to get multiple remotes. It's fairly decent priced considering it comes with 2 recievers, one having all the telemetry settings for it.

Just my 2 cents bud....enjoy
Old 02-02-2013, 11:55 AM
lhmai

Thanks for the tips
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Hello
What I always tell people is, Go to the flying field (club) you will be flying at, find out what brand most people are flying there. then purchase the best radio you can afford of that brand so people can help you learn to program and set up your planes correctly.

I hope this helps

Take care

Bill