Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

60mph Savage Speed

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:32 PM
BChiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 60mph Savage Speed

Hey Skillett, that sounds awesome to follow up this project with a twin engine one. Can't wait. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 AM
llkoolskillet

Yes the truck is built in my head already, just need to buy a few parts then I can build it. However I'm not going to start until I max out the single engine platform. Robin said he might drive down just to hear two ERCM Piccos with endbleeds screaming there guts out lol. I can only imagine now but I'm sure the sound of twin endbleeds will be very sexy. If I can reach the speed my current goal is set at then I don't think 100 would be out of the question with twin motors. Everything up to now has been one discovery after another.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Donovanholroyd

I've been planning a twin engine for a couple months now myself, I already have a rough tvp design drawn out. (that's why I was asking you about making tvp's, lol) I always wanted one since I got my first savage. Mine won't be too crazy though, im not building it for pure mph although am curious what it will run. Likely just 2 losi 454's and might spring for dual sidebleeds. Snookman's twin setup on the traxxas forum is sick with the dual curved endbleeds.
I guess great minds think alike.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:20 PM
llkoolskillet

I'm itchin so bad to build the twin. Need to finish one thing first then move on to faster numbers
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

I thought I wouldn't think of 8th scales anymore .the bug got me I just got LST 2 from a trade but I still miss my savages.i used to have 4 of them. I want one now.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:26 PM
llkoolskillet

You can never go wrong with a Savage especially when its got ERCM power [>:]
Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Donovanholroyd

I know exactly what you mean. I have afew other projects I told myself i'd finish before I start a new one. Twin engine savages were super popular in the mid 2000's but seem to be a trend that died out after the introduction of crazy modded picco's and nova's and insane brushless power. 8 years ago everyone was doing twin engine savages and now you never see them.