Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

No More Blue Angels ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

No More Blue Angels ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: No More Blue Angels ?

ORIGINAL: FNG RIDER

I respectfully disagree here about banning political commentary....
You can disagree all you like, it's not going to change the fact that our rules rule out political commentary in our forums. It's just that simple. It's not going to happen. If I see it I am going to remove, and if it continues I'll close the thread.

However, there is a difference in discussing the actions of the government and political commentary. We can discuss the actions of the government and how it affects both our hobby, the military, and full scale aviation such as the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds. That's allowed and it is what we are discussing here as it applies to what we are discussing. It's the same as discussing how the FAA's actions might affect our hobby in the future. But when you start discussing the politics involved, comments about people involved, attacks on those that you don't agree with, and so forth then that turns it into commentary and will not be allowed. Plain and simple.

Ken

Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Skymac
....I see this forum is still over moderated in a non-sense way.
Actually, the Jets forum on RCU is one forum that is usually given a little bit more leeway when moderation comes to play. Other forums are watched a lot closer than the Jet forum is, and the assigned Moderators for the Jet forum usually give members the benefit of the doubt when it comes to taking action.

However, if you feel that it's over moderated I will respect your opinion. I am getting ready to start looking for some more Moderators for RCU and welcome you to step up and take a turn at moderating our forums. All Moderators here at RCU filling their positions on a volunteer basis and they do so in order the help RCU stay the best place on the web to discuss RC hobbies. If you feel that we have room to improve I would welcome your help to improve in areas that you feel we might be lacking.

Ken

Old 02-08-2013, 06:19 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll jump in with an opinion and hope for the best. Making the Blue Angels team is hard competition, and you should want that throughout the fleet. It seems to be a cheap way to keep pilots competing and feeding their pilot egos. I'm just a retired Army pilot guy. We didn't have anything like the Blue Angels. There sure is a big difference in them and us Army guys. I guess I've seen both sides of that issue.

A story. We had a bean counter take command of Ft. Rucker once about 15 years ago. That's flight school for the Army. The local population loved our 'baby flights'. Southwest Georgia, north Florida, south Alabama. All of us in the Army loved them. Talk about pride when you saw those guys hauling butt north as fast as they could go. You would see a UH-1 with the big red crosses on it flying north towards Birmingham for the children's hospital at UAB. It was always urgent. In any weather. They always tried to get the babies up there. Everyone looked up and knew those were baby flights free of all charges to any baby. Guess what beans that new commander decided to shave off the budget. I just see these as similar issues worth the same few bucks.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Quikturn
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the sad truth is, is that we are a nation in decline and we are being run by a party that is doing all the wrong things to pull us out of the dive. National defense "IS" the prime function of our federal government as mandated in the constitution, but we are being converted into a welfare state. Over 60% of the federal budget is for entitlements that are deemed non-discretionary spending. In 1965 non-discresionary spending was less than 30% of the budget. What happens when the artificially low interest rates are forced up? How can we ever pay for all the entitlements and interest on the debt?

So this is where we are now, cutting vital things like defense.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Someone has to pay for 11 million + new voters.............
Old 02-08-2013, 07:48 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It amazes me that congress can invent the sequestration and now states they maynotbe able to stop it.lawyers invent this crap.they can end itas well.just more cock and bull. Does this mean that the thunderbirds and the army sky jumpers are pulled as well? There is so much waste but our elected folks love their perks just too much to serve its constiuents.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL,

Amazing. The amount of utter BS in this thread amazes me. The only thing I've read that sounds like non-partisan truth is the part about how ALL of those bums in Congress need to lose their pay. Amen to that.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:05 AM
Daniel-EL

ORIGINAL: Quikturn

I think the sad truth is, is that we are a nation in decline and we are being run by a party that is doing all the wrong things to pull us out of the dive. National defense ''IS'' the prime function of our federal government as mandated in the constitution, but we are being converted into a welfare state. Over 60% of the federal budget is for entitlements that are deemed non-discretionary spending. In 1965 non-discresionary spending was less than 30% of the budget. What happens when the artificially low interest rates are forced up? How can we ever pay for all the entitlements and interest on the debt?

So this is where we are now, cutting vital things like defense.
Amen to that, brother.[]
Old 02-09-2013, 06:32 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: David Searles

ORIGINAL: Scott Douglas

It sucks regardless of whether it happens or not, looks like the same might happen to the Red Arrows here in the UK... [link=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/7952276/Red-Arrows-could-be-grounded-by-defence-cuts.html](Red Arrows grounded) [/link].

On a funny side.. The Red Arrows were always better
Yes, it really is a lot easier flying a basic training aircraft, like the Hawk, as opposed to a front line, combat proven fighter jet, such as the F-18C![X(]. Riding a tricycle is much easier than a full fledged bicycle!.

David S
ROFL. +1
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Shaun Evans

The message you posted in RC Jets (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tt.asp?forumid=120),
titled: " RE: No More Blue Angels ?" has been deleted.
Reason:too political

Haha!

Well, John, at least you've dropped all pretense of the pretense of fairness! When I got your mail this morning, I imagined for a second that I'd come back to the thread and find some of the real political crap removed. Silly me! My "too political" post stated that most of the 'information' in this thread was sensationalism except for the part about how ALL of the Members of Congress need their pay cut (which I wholeheartedly agree with). They're not going to ground the BA's or T-Birds. Wait and see. The sky is always falling...

Delete away, John. Everybody knows it's only 'political' around here if it slants the other direction....

Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM
NJRCFLYER2
My Feedback: (42)

Ok, if you guys want to be "accurate" which is itself in doubt, the military cuts(sequestration) being talked about are the result of CONGRESS' refusal to do it's job. These cuts were mandated by the Congress as a penalty for them not agreeing last year. They were written entirely by the CONGRESS. So if you want to *****, you should be talking about and to your local Congressman. Tell them to get off their soapboxes, quit the posturing and run the freakin country! Preferably, no further into the creek! This particular picadillo is almost entirely on Congress not the POTUS.

David S
Who was the last one to put pen to paper to authorize that bill?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:18 AM
bigstew60
My Feedback: (35)

As much as I would hate to see the blue gettig grounded, they are not the only ones affected. If they dont sign the bill by march 1st, the entire U.S. military is being shut down with the exception of people currently deploy. There will be not flight ops, no work ups for up coming deployments, contracts of depot level repairs and base funds goes away. But I am pretty sure they will come up with some B.S. budget the night be for as usual thats is good for 60 days. Not to mention the people that are on deployment get extended indefinitely.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

ORIGINAL: NJRCFLYER2

Ok, if you guys want to be ''accurate'' which is itself in doubt, the military cuts(sequestration) being talked about are the result of CONGRESS' refusal to do it's job. These cuts were mandated by the Congress as a penalty for them not agreeing last year. They were written entirely by the CONGRESS. So if you want to *****, you should be talking about and to your local Congressman. Tell them to get off their soapboxes, quit the posturing and run the freakin country! Preferably, no further into the creek! This particular picadillo is almost entirely on Congress not the POTUS.

David S
Who was the last one to put pen to paper to authorize that bill?
Obviously the POTUS has to sign any bill coming out of congress. Hence, my statement that congress is "almost entirely" responsible. He signed it because they couldn't come up with anything better. But sign it, he did.

David S
Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 PM
mtnflyer14

We didn't have anything like the Blue Angels. There sure is a big difference in them and us Army guys.
Not sure what you mean? Disclosure: I was not a Blue Angel, but was an F-14 Tomcat pilot and wrote recommendations for a couple guys who were chasing the Blues. Both were superb aviators and good officers.
Regards,
Gus
Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM
iron eagel

So sad to see the loss of the airshows...

This has been brewing for the past forty years because of the mind set of those in control of the beltway. It all started about the time the politicians saw all that cash sitting idle in the social security accounts and tied it to the general fund so they could get there hands on it. All of the politicians in Washington have been on a spending binge ever since, and now we will have to pay the bill, for their fun and vote buying.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:51 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Gus, I meant that the Navy has a good thing going compared to nothing comparable in Army aviation.

I was stationed at Ft. Carson and loved Colorado Springs.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: iron eagel

So sad to see the loss of the airshows...

This has been brewing for the past forty years because of the mind set of those in control of the beltway. It all started about the time the politicians saw all that cash sitting idle in the social security accounts and tied it to the general fund so they could get there hands on it. All of the politicians in Washington have been on a spending binge ever since, and now we will have to pay the bill, for their fun and vote buying.

Amen.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:49 PM
mtnflyer14

blw,
Okay, understand. And please believe me when I say that given the price the Army has paid in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars that canceling Blue
Angels/Thunderbird airshows pales in comparison to properly equipping your service.
Regards,
Gus
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
NJRCFLYER2
My Feedback: (42)

Actually, the administration endorsed this early in the process. They know a good wedge issue when they see one.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:46 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Ground airforce one for one month and use the fuel saved to fly the blue angels and thunderbirds for the next 35.6 years!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

In the scope of the total budget for the government, the costs associated with the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, ACC Demo Aircraft, and all other airshow related costs are a drop in the bucket. This is nothing more than posturing for the cameras to try to give the appearance of actually doing something. The recruiting benefits alone justify the costs for these squadrons.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:59 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

The news was saying that there is a huge boost to the local economy as well during the air shows.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 AM
iron eagel

For years the airshows have inspired young people to pursue a career in aviation, and sometimes even the military.
To lose them because of the mismanagement of funds by politicians for the past forty years is a crime and they should be called out for it.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:11 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

These cut are not hard to understand. If you cut military spending you will be cutting thousands of jobs in the privet sector. real people will lose their jobs and be in need of public assistance. Seems like that is the preferred way of the last few years. You should not be suprised.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:40 AM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

A few ways to SAVE BUCKS ....Lets STOP policing the world, Stop foreign aid to countries that could care less about USA,Close our bases that are NOT In the US Here at home ,NO MORE Lobbing of our elected officals,and most importain our elected officals get the same benifits as the Citizens.... (No more free postage,boondoggle trips ,and term limits of 2 max.) and benifits STOP when they are out of office .FWIW anyone know of an elected offical that leaves office with less money than he started with .All of those I know Have a "Golden Parachute" that would make the wall streeters envenious .
Semper Fi,Mac !
Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.