Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

No More Blue Angels ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

No More Blue Angels ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: No More Blue Angels ?

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

A few ways to SAVE BUCKS ....Lets STOP policing the world, Stop foreign aid to countries that could care less about USA,Close our bases that are NOT In the US Here at home ,NO MORE Lobbing of our elected officals,and most importain our elected officals get the same benifits as the Citizens.... (No more free postage,boondoggle trips ,and term limits of 2 max.) and benifits STOP when they are out of office . FWIW anyone know of an elected offical that leaves office with less money than he started with .All of those I know Have a ''Golden Parachute'' that would make the wall streeters envenious .
Semper Fi,Mac !
Joe
+1
If it cost 37 mil per airshow that would still be a drop in an oil tanker compared to the waste this government is responsible for each and every day, on both sides of the isle.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:52 AM
cfircav8r

The Blue Angels are the main reason I became a commercial pilot. I grew up just north of Miramar and went to the airshow every year. This was back when they were flying the A-4's, Those little guys were great.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Hustler58

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

[:@]
Old 02-10-2013, 08:56 AM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

I can warrant and promise you that each Airshow even at a Mil base is no 37 Mil. Even with the blues there.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:21 AM
rc4flying
My Feedback: (21)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

A few ways to SAVE BUCKS ....Lets STOP policing the world, Stop foreign aid to countries that could care less about USA,Close our bases that are NOT In the US Here at home ,NO MORE Lobbing of our elected officals,and most importain our elected officals get the same benifits as the Citizens.... (No more free postage,boondoggle trips ,and term limits of 2 max.) and benifits STOP when they are out of office . FWIW anyone know of an elected offical that leaves office with less money than he started with .All of those I know Have a ''Golden Parachute'' that would make the wall streeters envenious .
Semper Fi,Mac !
Joe
+1 on this comment.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 AM
JimJones1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys sure like to blame your politicians. Remember someone has to do those jobs and they are not very easy. Serving people who are very offten ungreatful must be very disheartening

Always easy to have a pop when you havn't got to do the job yourself
Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 AM
STKNRUD

I think the government should tax the BA to pay for the shows. After all they are just a bunch of snotty rich kids flying those ridiculously expensive jets, wasting precious fuel, endangering the spectators when they fly and preventing everyone else from using the airspace when they fly. And if they can't tax them, the FAA should make a law preventing them from flying anything but J3 Cubs. I am so bad, I am going to the club field and fly.

Edit to the above:
SATIRE ALERT!!! In case it wasn't obvious, I was being satirical. 'Rich kids flying expensive jets....endangering spectators....preventing others from flying...limiting the BAs to J3 Cubs....' Sound familiar??? Club politics and the forthcoming NPRM from the FAA???? Hello!!! But I stand corrected; if it is significant, I should have said, "The FAA should make a regulation"..... and added a lot of these
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

FAA has no authority to create laws, congress creates laws.

I'm a former USAF enlisted person, currently work for a major US military contractor and a US military supporter but even this one makes me sick.

Watch this video of the $1,000,000,000 (yes billion with a "B") computer system wasted.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-n...9586/#50749586

or here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_cqWtiB0TY
Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 PM
sonsight

Wow, That's sick. ONE BILLION WASTED in the blink of an eye. And NOBODY accepted the blame. "Don't look at me! I didn't do it! Nobody took a fall. Yet that money went somewhere!
On another note: Both the BA & AFTB have posted their 2013 schedules. Both plan to fly all the shows for 2013.
Jake
Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 PM
iron eagel

It would really be a shame to lose those airshows.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 PM
pencon

Yeah can't afford the Blue Angels but they can afford to hand out billions to every muslim country in the middle east .
Old 02-10-2013, 11:41 PM
JimJones1
Banned

ORIGINAL: pencon

Yeah can't afford the Blue Angels but they can afford to hand out billions to every muslim country in the middle east .
Well you have got to protect the oil supply as you burn so much
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 AM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: JimJones1

ORIGINAL: pencon

Well you have got to protect the oil supply as you burn so much
Ahhh, it was only a matter of time...
Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

I love it.whatever post I previously wrote apparently was deemed too political.looking at the posts left has me scratching my head as I see nothing but political commentary which is why this topic should have been closed bythe moderator in the first place.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Ayrtonsenna

The US for some time has been spending $2 and earning $1....simple really....we all appreciate what the US does on the worlds stage...but its time to regroup and look after its own.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:14 AM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

ORIGINAL: Ayrtonsenna

The US for some time has been spending $2 and earning $1....simple really....we all appreciate what the US does on the worlds stage...but its time to regroup and look after its own.
Plus 1
Old 02-12-2013, 04:12 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Just learned our airshow at Macdill AFB in April now depends on the politicians.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 PM
mr_matt

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

USAToday got the Navy's report of potential impacts due to sequestration.

It said 3rd and 4th quarter Blue Angel shows could be cut. This includes Miramar in San Diego.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...tices/1932455/
Old 02-20-2013, 02:14 PM
sweetpea01

Langley already Cnx'd our show. More to follow when the cuts hit.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
gunradd

Our show down in Florida is on stby now.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:37 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a tragedy!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:39 PM
iron eagel

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

This is a tragedy!
Understatement!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:21 PM
gunradd

this was the message I got.

Good Morning AirFest Fans! We apologize for having been quiet over the last few days but there has been a certain level of uncertainty with respect to the pending sequestration. The official announcement was released yesterday detailing that “AirFest 2013 will be cancelled if automatic spending cuts are triggered” (1 March). The military services have to be proactive in absorbing the congressionally mandated budget cuts associated with the continuing resolution and sequestration. Your AirFest staff understands how important the show is to the men, women, boys and girls of the Tampa Bay community. Please know that we will continue to press full-speed ahead on planning for your MacDill AirFest until we are told to discontinue the process
Old 03-27-2013, 02:49 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They just announced on the local news that tomorrow, Thursday, will be the last practice and they will be grounded after that and that 8 upcoming air shows have been cancelled.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

I love it.whatever post I previously wrote apparently was deemed too political.looking at the posts left has me scratching my head as I see nothing but political commentary which is why this topic should have been closed bythe moderator in the first place.

Ha!

You noticed, huh? If you ever want to get a mod in here to [at least pretend to] sanitize the political stuff out of the thread and clean things up, post something deemed as politically left-of-center. They'll be in here faster than greased lightning

Fact is, this is BOTH sides' fault, and they could stop this idiocy anytime they wanted to by a vote to repeal it. It would take 5 minutes, but these knuckleheads can't even talk to each other civilly anymore. I say put the entire Congress on that Carnival Cruise ship with the poo everywhere and leave them there until they remember who they're supposed to work for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.