Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Roger Purcell's Scream Machine!!

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Roger Purcell's Scream Machine!!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:20 PM
lomcevoc
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Roger Purcell's Scream Machine!!

Kevin
I sent another PM.....Whats the status of the templates????? Have they been shipped ?

Lom

Please advise.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:18 AM
lomcevoc
My Feedback: (36)

Kevin

Whats the update on those Templates you had copied and sent???? I provided you my mailing info a while back after you requested it. Can you please respond.

Thanks
Lom
Old 03-31-2012, 10:42 AM
screamrp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi from Screamrp Roger Purcell

Please let me know if you still have not received any templates or info. on building the FUEL powered Scream Machine. ? // If Kevin has not had time to get you some due to some personal familyobligations, I will take the time to be sure you gethand drawn basic templates of all parts to build myPlane. // Anyone who showsthis much interest in my Scream Machine will get templates. Sorry you have not received any, or receiveda responsefrom Kevin. // I sold the Templates to him so he could pursue getting them out to others also. I know he has been over whelmed with the duty of taking care of his parents etc. and would notdelibertly ignore you. !! He hasn't even kept in touch with me either, but I understand. ///// If you need me - email me [email protected] also send me by email your address phone number etc. so we can talk. - thanks Roger Purcell - The King of Scream !!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:51 AM
DUMB THUM

Were can I get Templates I have checked e bay and craigs list I woul love to build one
Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been waiting 2 years myself for them. Is there an ETA??

Scott
Old 01-16-2013, 02:06 PM
bkg1956

I apologize for neglecting to provide templates. As Roger said, the past year plus has been spent taking care of my wife's father who is fighting cancer and is living with us, along with his wife. It is almost a full time responsibility besides my and my wife's work. I myself haven't flown for months. Thank you Roger for offering to fill the gap, and I apologize for not keeping in touch with you.

I honestly do not know when I will be able to do anything regarding RC stuff. Thank you all for understanding.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:49 PM
screamrp

Hi from Roger Purcell ; I too have been having health issues for serveral months, Flu first of all, now fighting prostate cancer hopefully to a quick end. !! So I totally dropped off of RC Universe for a while.
As far as full size Scream Machine ( Fuel version Plane ) Templates, laser drawings etc., I have none right now and probably will not bother with the full size fuel plane templates anymore. // What I do have ready to be mailed out at anytime, are the TEMPLATES for the Scream Machine REAPER ELECTRIC which is a 15% scaled down version of the fuel Scream Machine, plushas been highly modified tobecome a custom high speed Electric fully aerobatic sport plane. // It is justas fast as the Fuel version, and with my newest setup will out run the fuel poweredDub-Jett 50, or a Nelson powered Scream Machine. It is no beginner plane period, and you needto be a very good scratchbuilder to take it on even with my step by step directions and photos. // This is all I can offer people right now, and the Templates can be found on CRAIGSLIST or email me at [email protected].
I personally went to ALL ELECTRIC in 2007' and never looked back. You can go to GOOGLEand type in screammachineplanes all one word, this will take you to my YOU-TUBESite where you canwatch several videos. However, I'm no longer offering the MINI REAPER to anyone else, due to being very hard to build, super high speedand dangerous to all in the wrong hands. Life expectency was usually about 10to 30 seconds. !!!! - thanks for reading Roger Purcell The King of Scream
Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 PM
screamrp

Hi, please read my reply to PYLONRACR. I have been off of RC Universe for a while too, but hope this helps some. // I can still upon request, draw up Templates for the FUEL version Scream Machine, but it takes allot of time, and right now my health comes first, hope you understand. For me right now, I have gone to allElectric and will never go back to fuel due to lighter weights, faster speeds,NO MESS, no fuel, no glow plugs, , no igniters, etc. Just charge and fly !!! BUT, I fully understand and MISS the NOISE and the screaming Dub-Jett 50's wild performance, it does get your attention, and hooks you really fast. !! Roger Purcell - The King of Scream
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM
[email protected]

I am looking for templates to build a Nitro Scream machine.

Can anybody help???

Thanks,

Mike Foster
Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM
screamrp

Hi from Roger Purcell ( designer of the Scream Machine Planes )I will be glad to help you all I can by hand drawing the templates needed to build the FUEL Scream Machine. It does take time but have done this for several others already. I will also email you allot of photos showing exactly how these planes are built beginning to end, still have some photos of the FUEL version also. But all my planes are built and follow the same exact structural design proven to be the strongest, fastest , sport , fully aerobatic plane out there. // Kevin ( bkg1956 ) does have all the directions in nice printed form, you can probably get him to send you copies of those I'm sure. Kevin just hasn't had the time to get the Templates done in Laser Drawn style. // Just mail me a check for 35.00 to ; Roger Purcell 1950 Sunset Court DeLand, Fl. 32720 and I will get busy ASAP on the Templates. I will also call Kevin and check on possibly having him mail you copies of the directions which will save you time. // Thanks for your interest in my Planes. I do try to help anyone wanting to scratch build a Scream Machine. Remember, do not take any short cuts when building. !! Roger P.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:16 PM
courtice

What is a good motor choice for the full size Reaper? Thanks!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:03 AM
Pylonracr

Well
It has now been 2 more years and nothing. I am beginning to think the Scream Machine is just a whimper. I was looking forward to building one to see how it really flies compared to all the hype. I guess we will never know.

Too Bad. It looked like fun.

Scott
Old 10-28-2015, 01:29 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

After looking at a photo of this machine it looks like a Midwest Aerosport .20 with a thinner airfoil...not rocket science or magic to build one on your own.
I flew a similar combo for many years with a Webra .50..but with the stock 12% thick airfoil.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:44 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
After looking at a photo of this machine it looks like a Midwest Aerosport .20 with a thinner airfoil...not rocket science or magic to build one on your own.
I flew a similar combo for many years with a Webra .50..but with the stock 12% thick airfoil.
You're just being hype-resistant. It's a magic patent-pending airfoil that mystifies aeronautical engineers, coupled with a structure that can't be duplicated by mortals and is the only combination of materials capable of withstanding the unheard of forces generated in flight.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:48 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by MJD
You're just being hype-resistant. It's a magic patent-pending airfoil that mystifies aeronautical engineers, coupled with a structure that can't be duplicated by mortals and is the only combination of materials capable of withstanding the unheard of forces generated in flight.
A kit bash of an old Q-500 Woodie design would give this plane a run for it's money...!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:18 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still have that Doddger fuselage with the FIRE ST-X.45 on the front, you commented it about 8 years ago on RCU IIRC...

I realized the correct thing to do with that one is to forget Q500 and replace the now quite-outdated quickie airfoil. Hey, I know...maybe I'll put the airfoil I cloned out of an E168 mentioned above on it and see how that works! I didn't like the V-tail anyway, back to standard tail. So a big 50" x 10" symmetrical airfoil plus tips, 1.5" or 2" ailerons, standard tail group with rudder and tailwheel.. all grafted onto the Doddger fuselage plus a sporty canopy and turtledeck. Sounds like a good winter bash. It will fit a Jett 8 oz slim tank so there is hope of a sport flight run.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:26 PM
combatpigg

I've got a Rossi .45 that isn't getting any younger...........
Old 10-28-2015, 07:31 PM
Pylonracr

Yup
The thing kind of looked like a cross between a stik and a Q500 to me. But a MJD said, it is an aircraft with no compromises. The Fastest, 3D, Pattern, Pylon Racin', Fun Flyin, Stunt plane ever designed.
Not to mention, the construction is unlike anything you have ever seen. Don't even think of changing anything in the building of the plane.

I really wanted to build one just to see how it really flies.

The world will never know.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Pylonracr

Well, it has only been a year this time. The SCREAM is definitely a muffled cry.
Has anyone received their plans yet, or does this thing not really exist?
Old 02-15-2017, 04:42 PM
rcpollo
My Feedback: (6)

Stopped by Graves in Orlando last month and picked up a 50" Scream Machine with Dub Jett .50. Etched onto the landing gear is a note saying it was custom built by Roger himself! Roger, if you're out there, or anyone else, can you help with a couple questions? Where is ideal CG, and what kind of throws do you recommend on control surfaces?

Thanks.

Bob P
Old 12-21-2017, 09:59 AM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

I know that this is a old thread..... Has anyone heard of what happened to the availability of the plans for the Scream Machine? I know that one guy received the info/plans/templates from Roger and talked about making them available again..... However it seems that once he received them... the guy fell off the earth. IF anyone has the plans for the Scream Machine, I still would like to get a set.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:09 AM
Pylonracr

Originally Posted by impactiq
I know that this is a old thread..... Has anyone heard of what happened to the availability of the plans for the Scream Machine? I know that one guy received the info/plans/templates from Roger and talked about making them available again..... However it seems that once he received them... the guy fell off the earth. IF anyone has the plans for the Scream Machine, I still would like to get a set.
I Quit counting how many years I have been waiting. I would still build one if I could get plans. I am pretty sure they no longer exist though.

Scott
Old 12-21-2017, 11:43 AM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

Originally Posted by Pylonracr
I Quit counting how many years I have been waiting. I would still build one if I could get plans. I am pretty sure they no longer exist though.

Scott
Scott,
I know what you mean.....sad about the Scream Machine falling to the wayside. At least Don's Flying Machine plans are still available which is another awesome Fun Fly design. Who knows... maybe one day on the Scream Machine. I just hope that one day bkg1956 passes the torch onto someone who can fulfill putting plans/ templates out there if it is not too late already.

Mark
Old 01-01-2018, 06:55 AM
Avery81

I know this is a old forum. But I recently acquired a used scream machine with a Jett .50 built by roger Purcell himself!!! It’s in very good shape!! I was wondering if anyone could get me the recommended c.g.??? Was wanting to check it before my maiden! Very cool plane built in 2001!! It’s engraved on the landing gear!!
Old 01-01-2018, 09:35 AM
Pylonracr

I really is no different than any other plane. Balance it at 30% MAC and adjust to suit your flying style.

Scott

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.