Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: .

My good friend and Svf club member tony quist was invited and did a great job flying his flash. One other Svf jet flyer wasn't in the invite list so he begged his way on it. I mean really come on, secret event, secret lists of "special" pilots to attend then you plaster it all over rcu. Why not just offer 50 tickets for the next event first come first served. By the looks of the pit area from the pics posted 50 pilots should it no problem. Just my 2 cents
Vin...
Old 02-17-2013, 03:35 PM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-17-2013, 04:02 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Vincent

My good friend and Svf club member tony quist was invited and did a great job flying his flash. One other Svf jet flyer wasn't in the invite list so he begged his way on it. I mean really come on, secret event, secret lists of ''special'' pilots to attend then you plaster it all over rcu. Why not just offer 50 tickets for the next event first come first served. By the looks of the pit area from the pics posted 50 pilots should it no problem. Just my 2 cents
Vin...
I'll kick in another 2 cents
Old 02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
bcovish

ORIGINAL: califlyguy

I have a 5 year plan to make this a great event and hope to have the support of the Jet community.fields.

My goal is to have a Monster Energy Jet Tour of type in the 3-5 years.

So in saying that I hope to continue our support of the Jet World and please keep in touch with me as I hope to see many new faces at futrue events.

Clay Seddon
How in the world do you propose to have a great event when only 30 pilots are invited. How do you expect to see many new faces at future events.

I can see it now, Monster Energy Jet Tour, 30 pilots at a time.

I sympathize for the pilots that are in the area or within a reasonable driving distance in not being able to attend.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Vincent

My good friend and Svf club member tony quist was invited and did a great job flying his flash. One other Svf jet flyer wasn't in the invite list so he begged his way on it. I mean really come on, secret event, secret lists of "special" pilots to attend then you plaster it all over rcu. Why not just offer 50 tickets for the next event first come first served. By the looks of the pit area from the pics posted 50 pilots should it no problem. Just my 2 cents
Vin...
I agree with the post in quote and dont understand why you need to keep the dates a secret, People may want to attend even if they dont fly, As far as a limit
on how manycan participate that is totaly ok and understandable but I think a better explanation should be given as to what the qualifications are to participate.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM
califlyguy
My Feedback: (11)

Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in the area and wasnt invited-Does that bother me-Not at all. Dont get your feelers all hurt. After all isnt this how many events are done in Europe. Scotty
Old 02-17-2013, 06:02 PM
califlyguy

Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 PM
califlyguy

Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 PM
CrashPro

Old 02-17-2013, 06:06 PM
CrashPro

Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: GSR

I live in the area and wasnt invited-Does that bother me-Not at all. Dont get your feelers all hurt. After all isnt this how many events are done in Europe. Scotty
Scotty, I dont knowif you intended to reply to my post or not but my feelings were not hurt at all, I do fly turbines but attend very few jet events mostly due to
distance and even if I had known about the event I would not have been able to make it this year.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:49 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to thank Dan, Clay, Coachella Valley RC Club and the staff for such a well organized event. We look forward next year and will definitely be back to support!

Barry
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks to Clay, Dan and the CVRC, very well organized and we all had a great time. Joe C!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 AM
CrashPro

Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

This is my first time being at this great field. It's really nice to have boundaries as far as I can see and unlimited vertical.

Thank you Dan, Clay, and the entire staff of CVRC for putting together such a great event. Glad to know that it's only 2 hours from Orange county.

Regards,

Mike
Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Chris Balling

It was an honor for us to participate in the Monster Jet Jam this past weekend. Dan, Clay, and the entire CVRC club; THANK YOU for a very special weekend. You have the makings of a wonderful event at your beautiful flying site, and a crew showing enormous dedication to our hobby. We look forward to returning to any and all future events. You guys are all first class. One last thing: I don't think that your food vendor is going to have difficulty getting their daughter through school. That's the best "site" food we've ever had.

Chris & Carole Balling
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM
bcovish

Received a number of pm's, one e-mail and one phone call for me stating my take on this event. BTW, they were all positive. One was from a pilot that was in attendance at the event. Thanks guys.
I have been in involved in jets since the first Greater Southwest held in 1982 and been to a lot of jet rallies but this one takes the cake.

I have said my piece and now I'm outta here on this one.

Oh, one more thing, just kidding

I guess I blew my chances of getting an invite to next years event.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

but this one takes the cake
+1 Bob
Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 PM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Dan , Clay and staff. Coleen and I had a great time. Thanks for the hard work. We might spend next winter in the area and join the club. Dan and Coleen Avilla
Old 02-18-2013, 06:32 PM
CrashPro

Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 AM
CrashPro

Old 02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Well, if Dougy was there, they'd invite ANYBODY!![&:]
Old 02-19-2013, 02:45 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: ravill

It was fun..... Logged 10+ flights and my chug foam bu and ultra trash went home in one piece...

Thanks again to the CD for trying provide another show for the Jet community. To my knowledge he and the hosting club had the best of intentions and depended on others to provide them a list of individuals that would likely attend... I'm surprised the club even wanted to do another event after the 2009 debacle... Too bad some individuals in "THE JET COMMUNITY" have to post nonsense on multiple threads making all of "US" look like elitist clowns and cry babies. We, "THE JET COMMUNITY" get a bad enough rap as it is let alone shooting OURSELVES in the foot yet once again.. I could actually have cared less if I was invited or not.. Not that big of a deal in my book. If I'm barred from other shows due to this post then so be it.. I'm a local west coast flyer anyway.

To quote Rick Nelson. "Can't please everybody"

2 cents
Old 02-19-2013, 03:59 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: ravill

It was fun..... Logged 10+ flights and my chug foam bu and ultra trash went home in one piece...

Thanks again to the CD for trying provide another show for the Jet community. To my knowledge he and the hosting club had the best of intentions and depended on others to provide them a list of individuals that would likely attend... I'm surprised the club even wanted to do another event after the 2009 debacle... Too bad some individuals in ''THE JET COMMUNITY'' have to post nonsense on multiple threads making all of ''US'' look like elitist clowns and cry babies. We, ''THE JET COMMUNITY'' get a bad enough rap as it is let alone shooting OURSELVES in the foot yet once again.. I could actually have cared less if I was invited or not.. Not that big of a deal in my book. If I'm barred from other shows due to this post then so be it.. I'm a local west coast flyer anyway.

To quote Rick Nelson. ''Can't please everybody''

2 cents
If anyone chooses not to fly my engine because of this quote, then so be it.

Barry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.