Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Biggest RC Car Company

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 11:31 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biggest RC Car Company

does anyone have an informed idea as to who is the biggest branded rc car company (not oem), say, in terms of worldwide sales? horizon? hobbico? graupner? tamiya? TRAXXAS? someone else? thanks....
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Biggest RC Car Company

Pretty sure its Thunder Tiger, but I might be wrong.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was tamiya, but I am not too sure either

Old 02-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Foxy

Depends if you are including air and water vehicles or just land I suppose. Thunder Tiger has helis, planes, boats AND cars, and is well known for high quality helis, its where they make most of their money I believe. In Asia and Europe, Thunder Tiger is absolutely everywhere.

You know, now that I think about it, I reckon Kyosho is possibly bigger than Tamiya (and may be a good bet for the biggest too), but its so hard to say with any conviction, I just don't have enough facts and figures to make a decision.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:04 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im problary wrong because im only guessing but what about horizon?

Its the parent company for Athearn trains, Blade helis, Dynamite RC (Battery Chargers, Speed Controllers, Nitro Engines), E-flite, ElectrixRC, Force RC, Hangar 9, HobbyZone, Losi, ParkZone, Pro Boat, Team Losi Racing (various RC models, parts), and Spektrum Radio equipment. It is also the exclusive distributor of JR Radios in North America
Old 02-19-2013, 06:07 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

im problary wrong because im only guessing but what about horizon?

Its the parent company for Athearn trains, Blade helis, Dynamite RC (Battery Chargers, Speed Controllers, Nitro Engines), E-flite, ElectrixRC, Force RC, Hangar 9, HobbyZone, Losi, ParkZone, Pro Boat, Team Losi Racing (various RC models, parts), and Spektrum Radio equipment. It is also the exclusive distributor of JR Radios in North America
Hobbico owns Axial, HPI(now), ARRMA, Team Durango, Duratrax, TACTIC, O'Donnell, and VS (according to their site)
That's only the ground based they also have a pile of air born. Just looking at their list is kinda mind blowing how they got all those brands.

Also they are exclusive distributors of Thunder Tiger, and Futaba in the USA, and if the contract carries over from HPI(never know there might have been a in case of buyout clause) they are also exclusive distributor of HoBoa

As who makes the most cash world wide that will be a hard number to find as most these companies own multiples, and fragment their earnings between the smaller ones.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:25 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

yeah, i don't know either... has to be one of those mentioned though. Thank you for the responses.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Why do you need to know?