Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What is the proper way to put lipo's in storage mode

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What is the proper way to put lipo's in storage mode

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
yannicksjh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the proper way to put lipo's in storage mode

Just wondering what the proper procedures/ settings are to put a lipo into storage mode? I inderstand to put it in that setting on your charger but do I need to hook up the balance lead as well and at what current setting is best/safe?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: What is the proper way to put lipo's in storage mode

Just leave the cell/cells between 3.6 and 3.8 volts and it should be fine, make sure they're stored in a safe place and check them once in awhile. Also it's best to store them in a cool place.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:13 PM
yannicksjh

So I used the lipo storage mode on my charger and monitored each cell as it discharged. In the end each cell automaticly went down to 3.84 on the one pack and 3.84, 3.84. & 3.83 on the next.

Thanks for the info
Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my charger, the Storage Mode charges/discharges the pack at a max of 1 amp, no higher. On my higher-capacity packs, I'll sometimes put it on a normal charge at moderate amperage (3A) for a while, before I put it on Storage charge, as it tends to time out if storage-charged at 1A.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 PM
yannicksjh

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

On my charger, the Storage Mode charges/discharges the pack at a max of 1 amp, no higher. On my higher-capacity packs, I'll sometimes put it on a normal charge at moderate amperage (3A) for a while, before I put it on Storage charge, as it tends to time out if storage-charged at 1A.

Good point. Mine does the storage mode at a max of 2 amps but still good to keep in mind for higher capacity packs