Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

cen racing matrix 5sc

Old 02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cen racing matrix 5sc

I thought i'd let the old post die and repost on this forum, I just got the 5sc 4whd/30cc, NIB,off the bay (400.00) after the usual pre-op maint, Loc-tite this n that, I'm quite impressed with it, after 3 tanks,2 of which my son beat the snot out of it, it faired the better than my nerves.... after a long wind-up,she kicked in like another gear, handling was good,and fuel consumption even better,(50min.+) my cameraman took the week off but i'll post vids. of before/after the hop-ups are installed, as soon as i can. Currently, It's in stock form, but I just ordered the tuned pipe and the cnc gears for it,I'll be switching to the Monster truck gearing to help shorten the long wind-up, the only complaint i have is the tires/rims, seems there is an insert on the rim that comes halfway up the sidewall,supposedly to strengthen??? but is causing the sidewalls to crack/tear prematurely,(also, my son was throwing it around pretty damn hard... ) other than that, ZERO complaints, I'll post when the parts come in as i'm sure everyone is apprehensive as to the past Customer service issues, but as "the Real Dogman" sez, CenRacing is alive and well, and past issues resolved. all other 5sc owners feel free to throw in your 2 cents, but please, lets not turn this thread into controversial BS. Thanks Robert
Old 02-21-2013, 08:00 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cen racing matrix 5sc

Glad to see you're enjoying it.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 AM
mopartybob

Thanks nomobux, I dont know what the deal is with the tires/rims tho', further insp. revealed that there is no insert,just the rim itself , (not so a very good configuration)... I'll get some wheel adaptors and aftermarket stuff to correct this. right now,I'm making some shields to help keep rocks out of the area's that seem to collect them, will update soon..... Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81119.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1854630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58811.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1854631  
Old 02-21-2013, 09:00 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Robert,
I'm too am glad you are enjoying the SC5, it's a cool truck. After you sent me pics of the wheels the other day I noticed that's where the rim steps out to the larger diameter and is an abrupt edge in regard to sidewall support, so I surmised that there must have new some extreme side loading on the tires. I know CEN won't redesign the wheels based on a few failures. But I do think there is a solution. I would like to see a plastic disk or ring, if you will, that will help the tire. The disk should be a little bit bigger than the wheel transition where the rubber is tearing and the inside diameter should be a little bigger than the outside bead. I'm thinking the plastic needs to be flexible without cracking and thick enough to allow some flexing when side loaded. The point is to create a less aggressive edge and relieve the stress at that edge and should help the rubber not to tear. But if the rubber is actually being cut by rocks hitting that edge and "pinching" the rubber, there is not much that can be done other than drivi g more carefully on that type of terrain.

Keep in mind tires are consumables and if you are driving hard in those conditions then they will "consume" faster..

I hope all that makes sense.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 AM
mopartybob

Thanks Lee, I came up with the same solutions,#1, hubcap type disc,#2, tap my son on the back of the head when he gets too aggresive throwing this truck around, While I understand that a HEAVY truck requires a bit more finess as to driving style, my son is whipping this thing around like a nitro truggy,... #2 is easily taken care,#1, seems like a good 12pak project....lol.... I'll post what i come up with.....Robert
Old 02-21-2013, 10:03 AM
mopartybob

Maybe vulcanizing another sidewall onto the tire might help??? say from truck/car inner tube? whaddya guys think?? Thanks Robert
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM
CEN USA

Robert,
I do believe that a disk of vulcanized rubber will work on the inside of the tires between the tire and rim.

good thinking!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
mopartybob

BIG WELCOME BACK CEN USA , While others might think i'm a cheap sob,lol, and should get new tires,etc.... this stuff is not cheap. hopefully, this quik fix will extend the life of these tires...Robert
Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM
CEN USA

Thank you mopartybob,

We are very happy to be back! We are on a mission this year to make CEN a top brand in the US again! We realize its going to be a long road but a road that must be traveled. If you or anyone needs parts or support, please feel free to use the info in my signature to contact me, I will personally answer the phone!!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM
mopartybob

GUNG HAY FAT CHOY everyone I had time to run today(,before the parade,) my patch job on the tires worked out LOL , I did'nt have time to make it pretty,or squirrel up the good stuff for this repair, so i just used a bicycle repair kit to fix'em up, works great for now,but two tanks later, the plastic gears let go.... knew they would,,( but those have been ordered,)I expect shipping on those will be slow,their postal system shuts down for two weeks due to Chinese New Year, but thats the way it is... [:-] , give out a hoot'n'holler, n bang a gong,or gang"a" bong... Happy New Year........ MPB

Name:	Sq46821.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	1855463   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96156.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1855464  
Old 02-24-2013, 04:13 PM
mopartybob

I noticed this critter uses a square type "wheel hex", [:-] , i'm not too familiar with 1/5 gasser parts yet,(interchagability) Rovan,KM,HPI,etc. would these work?? or find some that are extended??

Name:	Li21007.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1855842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87167.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1855843  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 PM
mopartybob

or these? Aluminum ADAPTOR CONVERSION KIT Fit 1/5 HPI BAJA WHEELS TO FG RC CARS http://stores.ebay.com/Super-Sale-RC...p2047675.l2563

Name:	Om32708.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1856398  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks like the magic sauce, Robert. Good find!!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
mopartybob

Just been reading up on swapping parts, really good thread in the giant scale forum on the fs racing 4wd mt, along with parts interchagability with MCD products, I see that when you clone a clone,you'll eventually end up with a better clone...lol.. the last post was in 2010, but it did give me a new insight for parts sourcing, I just need to follow up with whats currently available and from whom, will update what i find soon....MPB
Old 02-26-2013, 12:38 PM
mopartybob

Too bad all the current parts sourcing comes from China or Aust. ..... Hopefully Cen USA will pick up this slack...

Name:	Yw68495.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1856572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37727.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1856573  
Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 PM
CEN USA

We're working on it Robert!

Keep up the good work buddy!!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Sir Pay

I purchased these for my 5t but I was looking through the cen guide and low and behold GLS17 is a "tuned upgrade" can anyone verify that part #?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM
CEN USA

Yes, Sir Pay,

Those are an upgrade part that I have listed under Maxtrix5.

You can pick them up here:

http://cenracing.shptron.com/p/gls17...x-drivers-23mm

As all parts and cars are in stock and ready to ship!!

If you have any questions or just want to order parts, please call the customer support number in my signature

And as always thank you for supporting CEN! 

Old 04-02-2013, 03:47 PM
mradlin

I do really like the look of the SC5!!
Is that the only large scale model Cen is making right now?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:41 PM
CEN USA

No mradlin,

CEN racinghas9 Different models to choose from.5 in the Gasoline Flavor and 4 in Brushless Electric!!

Check them out by following the links

CEN Racing 1/5 Scale Brushless Electric

CEN Racing 1/5 Scale Gasoline

And you be please that the pricing for these models are much better than most!

CEN Racing also carries full line parts support on our retailwebsite. Or you can call me directly using the numbers in my signature and I will get all of your questions asnwered and even place an order for you!!

http://cenracing.shptron.com/