Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best In the West '12 by Paul Reese

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best In the West '12 by Paul Reese

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 PM
bandit_av
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Best In the West '12 by Paul Reese

Thank you for sharing this amazing video,
one of the best r/c video I ever seen.

avi
Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Eddie, Thanks for your thoughts on the video. There is a lot more that that could go into these. In working with Wild Berry Productions, who in my opinion have produced the best RC productions in the wizzorld, I can tell you that RC flicks are a tough sell to anyone but an RC enthusiast. It's one thing to produce something that would be well received for those non-RC'ers who happen on it, but it's another thing entirely to make doing it worth the while. My goal on this piece was that Eddie P. enjoy it!!!

Ali, thanks for the compliments, you certainly add personality to the piece. It would be hard to imagine this event with everyone flying their own planes instead of watching you fly 'em

Joey McB, glad you liked it. I would have liked to see ANY footage from that hexacopter, as there was NONE. I asked for it at the event but was denied. I don't think there was an understanding of it's end usage. Maybe next time.
Yes, dslr stuff would be great. Would be very difficult to "run and gun" the way we do and the sheer amount of footage we shoot would interject a cumbersome workflow into the shooting days. And I think that great flying footage would be very difficult to obtain, even with a dslr FigRig mounted. Then there's matching the "look" of the dslr footage in the camcorder footage. I feel ya though...just not for 200 mph jets. I did see you said "some". A DSLR on my jib arm, or on a slider would be cool. Need to have 4 shooters now That way I can spend 200 hrs. editing instead of the 100 this took Interesting your comment about Mic'ing up peeps. I often wonder what your average Joe would like to see added or omitted from these pieces, and what would enhance the viewers' experience. I usually keep the dialog to a minimum, and only touch on the human interest side of things. With just two of us shooting, it's tough to get everything I'd like as it is. Now I need to add an audio tech to the crew? Naw, I could easily put a mic in front of the pilot stations when formation stuff is going off. I myself like the occasional interjection of pilot chatter...but not a constant barrage. Keepin' it light. One of these days I'm going to take a poll and figure out the psychographics of the demographic to better hone these things.
And NO, "music, or no music" will not be one of the poll questions

Thanks again to everyone who has responded. Each and every one is very much appreciated!

Paul
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Paul,
I generally cannot stand watching rc videos, I will usually skip through to get the gist of it, but your videos I watch all the way through and then watch again. Absolutely awesome.
Jeremy
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking Paul and Mike need to come out to da Willow for the spring fling the weekend of April 11th..

Not to film but just hang out with the fellas.... Enjoy a nice stogie, glass of lemonade, BBQ and spirited banter that only "THE WILLOW'
Can provide...

The buttonwillow hillclimbers logo in the vid needs to be turned into a decal!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 PM
gonzalom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul, next time if you want me I can bring my Octo Copter UAV and we can carry any SLR gear there..... including a RED camera.
I used the Octo last summer for a research project in Africa and I flew FPV up too 980 meters of distance away from me. We can have a large screen for the pilots to see the action from the air live.

If I bring the Octo all the fottage we take is for you at zero cost.

My problem is how to fly the Octo and my A10 at the same time

Gonzalo
Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 PM
JK13

Paul,
All I can say is WOW!
First class video - so great to see this with such a high quality production.
Best I've seen!

Thanks for investing the many hours it took to produce this.

Joe
Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you Jeremy. I do the same skim through that you do. I created this for guys like you and me. It's all about the flow...just like painting

Dougie...would love to hang on that weekend but I'll be in Vegas at the NAB show. Hillclimbers T-shirts

Gonzalo...that sounds very interesting. A simple GoPro setup would probably suffice. I appreciate your offer and will get in touch about that later.

Paul
Old 02-18-2013, 09:02 PM
kev-o

Great video makes me want to come down and check it out more maybe this year will be the year

Kevin
Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Mr. Reese is the best in the business and makes it so accessible for all.

I salute you sir!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:04 AM
mav5252

[quote]I'm thinking Paul and Mike need to come out to da Willow for the spring fling the weekend of April 11th..

Not to film but just hang out with the fellas.... Enjoy a nice stogie, glass of lemonade, BBQ and spirited banter that only "THE WILLOW'
Can provide...

The buttonwillow hillclimbers logo in the vid needs to be turned into a decal!!!

Thanks Doug for the invite...I really don't know if I can make it or not at this point...I'll either be working or hunting work. But know this, when I go out to Buttonwillow I'll always have a camera with me...don't want to miss any action you guys provide!

Mike

Maverick - Pictures