Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Violett Pattern Prototype - Blast from past

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Violett Pattern Prototype - Blast from past

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 AM
argyris

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Violett Pattern Prototype - Blast from past

One more from NASA RESEARCH!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3_tBysVTxs[/youtube]
Old 02-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Model aviation has really been a part of full scale aviation for sure - from the early days to today. There are guys today making leaps in aerospace and aviation who not only dabble in RC for leisure but they are making critical leaps in conceptual thought by using RC models and idea test beds and sources of innovative inspiration. A couple people come to mind personally who are quiet giants of aerospace engineering today and I'm honored just to know a couple of them but there are many more out there. Great chit chat of some cool memories, thanks guys and thanks, Art Arrow for your memories here too I really enjoyed reading about it. I agree about the BV control line and pattern planes being really important stepping stones to the sort of designs we get to enjoy today without having too much thought of where the knowledge came from! We stand on the shoulders of giants from every generation before us, even in our leisure activities
Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Couch-pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many thanks for the input guys. I guess these two pics are the only ones anywhere of this plane. It DOES look like a predecessor to the current BVM Bobcats. Looks like BV stretched the tail, and moved it out on booms over the landing gear. If anyone does come across pictures - probably from '74 or '75, please post them!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:03 AM
kiwijet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Art,

Fascinating reading about your involvement and early shuttle testing thanks very much for sharing.

Have sent you a PM.

Best regards........Rene
Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rene,
Read your PM and will reply with a response as I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than necessary.

Art ARRO