Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What RC-related activities do you have this weekend?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What RC-related activities do you have this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 04:40 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What RC-related activities do you have this weekend?

Due to business travel, Ihave a total of ~six hours to spend on "the hobby" this weekend, but here goes:

1. Change throttle servo on Savage. Seems simple enough, but I got curious taking out the radio tray on how things work on this truck and the next thing Iknow 1/2 ofthe vehicleis dissassmbled.Ugh! Focus, John focus!
2.Trimnew Bulldog body for D8T (it's painted...will post a pic).
3. Replace clutch bearings on D8T.
4. Put new tank pull on D8T.
5. Change one-way bearing on Exceed Forza tranmission.
6. Install new aluminum steering link on Forza for this project.

I won't even get to the track, but my son and Iare going to play hooky from work/school one day this week to do nothing but run at the track all day! ;-)

Curious as to what activities you gents have going on!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 PM
ejc34710

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What RC-related activities do you have this weekend?

Fix my buddies Savage. Drive my Savage XS and pray it lasts through a whole battery. I have to wait for my order from A-Main for my Savage X and Mt2 'till Monday, so i'll also be anticipating all the pretty new parts coming from my friend in the big brown truck. Maybe fly a plane if it isnt too windy.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:52 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ive been busy setting up some "better looking" rear lights including turn, reverse and tail on a SCX10 honcho.

and the rest of the time letting my 1yo and 2yo drive it otherwise it was big tantrums. I sware each time i even touch any of the cars, they jump on me. each time I work on them they keep trying to put the body back on it while im working on it, or pass me random parts and tool. Its sending me mad, its to the point when I drive a car, ive got one of them at my feet crying for a turn, im a big softy, I allways give in, I think i just need to accept, I dont get a turn anymore
Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Until the basement flooded yesterday (check international news, there must be stories of the flooding in Athens yesterday), I was going to build up the SC8e, looks like that'll have to wait til next weekend now. I think my RC activities are cursed lately, I haven't had time to do anything for so long, between work and the baby.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:08 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Started wrenching on my RC8T build-up re-/new-build project thing.., but am too sick, so back on the couch. Got as far as screwing in the side guards and engine plates on a new chassis.. Next step - install new servo-saver on front end, and then basically install front and rear ends, and battery tray, tank, center diff, engine, etc.. Still waiting for wheel hubs from the US to complete.. Will then be a pretty much brand new RC8T, built up from chop shop parts. All going back to that ragged out roller I bought.. Gonna' be shiny and new now though...

EDIT - went ahead and replaced the front upper arms, hingepins, and bushings too..
Old 02-23-2013, 05:29 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It seems like it rains here every 3 days. Its raining again and then of course it will be freezing outside. But it can't just be cold enough that we get snow which would be pretty but then even when it wasn't percipitating I couldn't drive because of snow so I guess I should be glad its just rain. Foxy, enjoy them young because they grow and decide that they are too cool to do things with pop and then you have to find things to do to entertain yourself and you find yourself playing minecraft for 13 hrs and becoming proud of a square block creation in a world that isn't real. And when that's all you have to look forward to on a weekend without work then it starts to feel like its time to shuffle off this mortal coil.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:14 AM
outlawbrett

got all new suspension installed on my trophy truggy roller. got my nova .28 the other day, got it tore down and then sealed. waiting on spektrum servos an body. put a new pullstart on my force .28 in my ultra buggy. then went out for a day of bashing and busted rod in it. motor has only little over a gallon on it. but now i can buy a new .21 for it. an then my buddy got a mach2 .21 for his buggy an we tried to figure out what flywheel an clutch combo is gonna work. all an all, very fun day. it was even better when that force .28 took a dump.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:50 AM
ejc34710

ORIGINAL: mattster1971

It seems like it rains here every 3 days. Its raining again and then of course it will be freezing outside. But it can't just be cold enough that we get snow which would be pretty but then even when it wasn't percipitating I couldn't drive because of snow so I guess I should be glad its just rain. Foxy, enjoy them young because they grow and decide that they are too cool to do things with pop and then you have to find things to do to entertain yourself and you find yourself playing minecraft for 13 hrs and becoming proud of a square block creation in a world that isn't real. And when that's all you have to look forward to on a weekend without work then it starts to feel like its time to shuffle off this mortal coil.
Also enjoy them while they still can't talk or walk. Lol. Once they are mobile, sheesh. [:@]
Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

im fiddling with batterys and chargers
Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM
JoeMaxx

I need to repair my RC10T4 rearbody mounts that got destroyed last weekend while out playing. Flipped it one to many times while taking jumps at the tracklast Sunday.

Good thing I bought 4 pairs of them last time they broke. The close Hobby shopdoesnot carry Team Associated parts and the other one that does is about 50 miles away.

Will also spend some time learning to fly the Heli Max 1SQ Quad in my living room. Getting better at hovering in a small areabut always need more practice.

Sunday will be a good day to wrench we aresupposed to get over a foot of snow between tonight andtomorrow afternoon.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:45 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man.. Despite using my coreless mini drill for most of it, my hands still hurt from all the wrenching..

Still a lot to do..

Old 02-24-2013, 05:24 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

maidened a hobby king axn floater "jet" at markham park, the local flying field. it went fine. it's kind of an easy star copy. started to replace the on off switch on my jato. missing screws though.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:14 PM
JohnP2

That thing is looking like a BEAST, HerrSavage!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:51 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Until the basement flooded yesterday (check international news, there must be stories of the flooding in Athens yesterday), I was going to build up the SC8e, looks like that'll have to wait til next weekend now. I think my RC activities are cursed lately, I haven't had time to do anything for so long, between work and the baby.
been awhile for me too days I got free weathers uncooperative days the weathers nice I usually have to do other things that I can't postpone
Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM
rpenfuyf

it's kind of an easy star copy.  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:06 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Flew my tower hobbies .46 trainer for the first time since I had to re cover it and make some repairs after an "instructor" crashed it, it went well.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 PM
big JC
My Feedback: (1)

Got my dnx 408 conversion done and ran 1 6s pack through it. Thing is a blast! Handles so good. Been mainly running my rc8t and forgot how well buggies handle. What a little ripper. Also did a bit of flying.Fly my quads maybe 10- 15 minutes a day when I get home from work...good stress relief.