Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

New to QUADCOPTERS? Buy the Blade MQX to LEARN....Just my advice!

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

New to QUADCOPTERS? Buy the Blade MQX to LEARN....Just my advice!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New to QUADCOPTERS? Buy the Blade MQX to LEARN....Just my advice!

I recently got into Quadcopters and now I LOVE THEM lol. I asked myself should I build or buy one first to learn? How big should it be etc?

Then I found the Blade MQX....it's small but easy to fly in the wind and easy to fly in general! Ready To Fly, just charge and fly. = EASY

The reason I suggest new pilots buy an MQX is because they don't weight hardly anything and when you crash.... most of the time nothing breaks. YAH REALLY! Not saying it will not break but i'm the guy who always breaks everything I own! It has been that way all my life. So for the money it is awesome! I paid $100 shipped on ebay for a new one,( just keep looking and you'll score a good deal like this or even cheaper.)

Well after owning it 1 month i've probably crashed over literally 100 times NO JOKE. The first 50 crashes nothing broke AT ALL, maybe simple push the gear wheel back on the propeller shaft or push the motor back down etc, but it was a quick/easy fix and I was flying again. I really learned to fly quadcopters without fear of breaking a 400+ Quadcopter by flying this MQX and man does it fly well. I've taken it up about approx 400+ feet etc and it is awesome! (Bought orange blades to help see it)

Today I can fly it like a crazy man, banking turns, out and back and Hover etc. I have already gotten my wife and a friend of mine into flying quadcopters with my MQX and they are loving it also + I don't have to worry about them destroying it. If they do break something then it's a cheap 5 dollar fix or max $35 dollars for the main board if it breaks (kinda pricey but eh).

So all in all I am EXTREMELY happy with buying the MQX and I really think it is one of the best ways to learn how to fly Quadcopters. Simulators do nothing for me I need real world hands on flying to get better and i'm sure a lot of you are like that also. So crash and have fun doing it with the MQX, then get better and upgrade from there. I previously had 0 flight experience! Now my buddies look at me like I am an experienced pilot even though I only have 1 month of flying under my belt.

Just wanted to share my experience with everyone in case anyone was on the fence about buying the MQX.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:12 AM
arfwrecker
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to QUADCOPTERS? Buy the Blade MQX to LEARN....Just my advice!

imho i really dont think you need a beginner quad  if you can fly  a coax heli you should hsve no prob with quadd  put your money to work and get quality and you will be rewarded with same    if you want gps fpv and such get one you can xpand on later  not to say the kiddy ones like isq arent fun in the house i just think if you know where your gojng why waste the money
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM
irish_

ORIGINAL: arfwrecker

imho i really dont think you need a beginner quad if you can fly a coax heli you should hsve no prob with quadd put your money to work and get quality and you will be rewarded with same if you want gps fpv and such get one you can xpand on later not to say the kiddy ones like isq arent fun in the house i just think if you know where your gojng why waste the money
ditto, i started with coaxial then quadcopters 11 years ago, no need for a beginner small qaud that isnt the greatest in slight wind, so if you flew coaxial you will be fine, the only thing hard about a quad to learn is orientation, everything else is like any hobby with throttle control, now if u never flew any helicopter. get a small quad like 1sq or something else that is crash forgiving, you can learn orientation with then, my son has been practicing and hovering quads since 4 and is now 8, practice practice
Old 02-25-2013, 05:14 AM
JUCD VPR

I suck at flying Co-axial and I am willing to bet a TON of other people do to. I absolutely HATE Heli's, but only because I can;t fly them well and they always break, just to unstable.

THIS is exactly why I suggest the BLade MQX for NEW pilots (You experienced guys need not apply as it would be simple for you to fly). However myself only owning a Blade MSR Heli which I broke after 4 pathetic days of flying.

So yes I highly suggest spending 100 bucks and learning on this if you are new to flying especially Quadcopters.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM
diabolic-mind

the blade mqx is a great quad, i have been flying helis for a few years, started out with a blade cx2, then a blade cp+, the a blade msr, blade mcx, half a dozen cheap havoc heli types of helicopters, and then got a mqx, the mqx is a gateway quad in that since i flown it quadcopters are all i will now. nothing even comes close to flying these things, take off and hover like a heli, and fly like a plane. cant get any better than that. i havent owned any larger quads yet, key word yet. i owned a mqx, i now have a huban x4 and a udiri u816a on order. over the summer i plan to step it up a few notches and get the lotus rc t80, for the price the t80 is ideal for what i want, something larger that can be equiped with fpv in the future. so there is my quadcopter story, glad to hear yo uenjoyed the mqx, i loved mine, would have been better if it had a better pitch/roll rate with the stock rtf radio, but for what it was its a blast to fly
Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 PM
irish_

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

I suck at flying Co-axial and I am willing to bet a TON of other people do to. I absolutely HATE Heli's, but only because I can;t fly them well and they always break, just to unstable.

THIS is exactly why I suggest the BLade MQX for NEW pilots (You experienced guys need not apply as it would be simple for you to fly). However myself only owning a Blade MSR Heli which I broke after 4 pathetic days of flying.

So yes I highly suggest spending 100 bucks and learning on this if you are new to flying especially Quadcopters.
how does one suck" at coaxials? do you mean you have a hard time holding throttle to keep it airborn and not capable of rotating the yaw?

if this is the case for you dont attempt a quad till you can do the above mentioned. or buy a a.r.drone push a button and watch it rise up on its own then just set phone down and watch it. loads of fun
Old 02-28-2013, 04:01 AM
diabolic-mind

yeah being able to hold a steady throttle position while giving yaw inputs is deffinately key. i figure myslef to be a natural as the blade cx2 was my first ever helicopter and i was flying it it and doing piro's from day one. i never would have expected quadcopters to be such a joy to fly but now that i have flown them and mastered the few i have owned i really cant see myself spending money on helicopters or planes again. although the speed that some of the jets on the market offer do tempt me to get one.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: irish_

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

how does one suck'' at coaxials? do you mean you have a hard time holding throttle to keep it airborn and not capable of rotating the yaw?

if this is the case for you dont attempt a quad till you can do the above mentioned. or buy a a.r.drone push a button and watch it rise up on its own then just set phone down and watch it. loads of fun
Your post didn't add jack squat to this thread. In fact flying a quad is much easier than flying a single prop Heli. Hovering and rotating the yawing is not difficult, orientation of flying added with rotating Yaw all at the same time can prove to be difficult to newcomers. This is why i was speaking about the Quad, if you have flown both, then a Quad is much easier to learn on and to fly in general. I found that learning to fly a quad made me a better Heli pilot because they are more difficult to control in my opinion.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1SQ > MQX
Old 04-12-2013, 08:16 AM
irish_

my son never practiced with a coaxial btw. he just had plenty hovering fights on the floor to teach himself to keep the tail facing him practicing orientation.
any small quad is good for learning because they are more forgiving in a crash, here is my son now age 8 flying around after a year break. so practice practice is all it is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLpen2BxKtU[/youtube]
Old 05-05-2013, 07:43 PM
whitehedr

I think that the mQX is the best Heli trainer on the planet. If you have never flown a Heli before the mQX will have you hovering in no time and learning orientations soon after that. It is also very good for learning co-ordinated turns when in forward flight. If you are learning above grass it is almost indestructible. I have had to replace one motor pod because I hit a block wall full bore and then I had to replace a motor because of dust and dirt ingestion. In the winter I fly over AZ desert and blacktop in front of my house. one you get past the basics of flying a Heli with this machine it can be taught to flip and roll. It is a hoot to fly. It is way more responsive than a small FP machine and much easier to learn your orientations with.

Once you get proficient with the mQX it is a pretty easy transition into a larger quad or a CP Heli.

ROG
Old 07-24-2013, 01:18 AM
Rob2160

I agree with all the comments about the MQX being a good trainer..

Just got the Nano QX and it would also make a great little trainer.. much smaller and lighter, I think it could take far more punishment before anything breaks.

Lots of fun in a hotel room...