Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help!! A-10 brushless EDF motor issues

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Help!! A-10 brushless EDF motor issues

Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 AM
trabich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! A-10 brushless EDF motor issues

I just bought an a-10 twin edf brushless plane from a guy that had never flown it yet. He didnt have the box or papers on it anymore. I am noticing one issue with the plane that I hope someone can help me with. When I give the plane throttle one motor come on before the other. One motor comes on like it should and the other comes on at about 1/4 + throttle. What could be causing this?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 AM
gary41
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Help!! A-10 brushless EDF motor issues

It is likely that the ESC's need to be programmed to your x-meter's throttle curve....no need to disconnect one of them, as both can be set at the same time.

Power to plane/esc's/motors OFF

Move T stick full up, THEN, turn ON x-mitter.

Now, power up the A-10....you should hear a tone or two from each motor.....now, move T stick to full down.

Remove power from A-10, then turn x-mitter off

Power up x-mitter, then A-10.....EDF's should respond equally.

If that does not solve the issue, further programming of ESC's may be necessary....but, without knowing brand of ESC's, I can't help any further.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 PM
trabich

Thank you for your help with this. I tried the steps that your have listed above and its not seeming to work. After I had turn the transmitter on with thottle at 100% and plugged the plane in it did give me a series of beeps. I will lower the throttle to 0 and unplug the plane. When I power everything on its still doing the same thing. The brand on the speed controls and other electronics in the plane are Guamli brand. it has the 2 20amp esc's.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:50 PM
gary41
My Feedback: (5)

Sorry, I am not at all familiar with Guamli. You might do a Goggle or Bing search for "Guamli ESC"
Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 AM
ACES&8s

the first set of beeps is throttle range and zero setting. then there are more series of beeps corresponding to battery type, brake, etc. You need the prgramming data from Guami, now since the default values have been changed. Try this: 1. 100 percent on the throttle stick-tx power on-plug in flight battery 2. very first beep...immediately move throttle stick to idle...having the idle trim neutral...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 AM
ACES&8s

Is this the A-10 you have?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60314.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1856481  
Old 02-26-2013, 03:29 PM
trabich

Thank you very much for your help. That did work. I figured it was something like that. After I got that problem straightened out I noticed that one of the edf motors was spinning the wrong way. I had to switch around the leads on that motor. Everything now seems ok. .... I hope. Thank you again