Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetJoe OWNERS thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetJoe OWNERS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 PM
toolmaker7341

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JetJoe OWNERS thread

I don't believe that statment was ment for helpful posts ,it was for negetive posts. You are welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Best Regards

ORIGINAL: frema

oke ,oke , i will go
if the jetjoes run like **** , and i want to help them, but i am not alowed
then its bye bye

Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 PM
frema

phoeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
that is a relieve
sorry for this
i thought i was not welkom here
i smile agian

Regards,
Martin.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:23 PM
idleup1

will run you jjr this weekend. waiting on probe and starter in customs
Old 02-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Martin you are more than welcome, are you thinking about egt probe position?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:34 AM
frema

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

no there is more
you see the combusting
its to much to the back of the chamber
we need some tools to fix this
Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 AM
snir2001

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: frema

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

no there is more
you see the combusting
its to much to the back of the chamber
we need some tools to fix this
Ok I see...
So frema, what do you suggest?
There is another thing that I'm looking into, I hope it will be it (thanks Andy)
Old 02-07-2013, 03:44 AM
frema

well , just let me know if you found it
if not i am glad to help you
Regards,
martin.
oh and i need a video of the back of the engine, running

Old 02-08-2013, 06:16 AM
BJ64

ORIGINAL: j.duncker

I need to remind posters that this thread is for JETJOE OWNERS only.

If you do not own one please do not post in this thread.
Um.... not quite sure what that was all about....

I'm pretty sure the convo's thus far in 2013 are all about Jet Joe owners helping other Jet Joe owners.... n'est pas?

BJ
Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BJ64

I need to remind posters that this thread is for JETJOE OWNERS only.

If you do not own one please do not post in this thread.
Um.... not quite sure what that was all about....

I'm pretty sure the convo's thus far in 2013 are all about Jet Joe owners helping other Jet Joe owners.... n'est pas?

BJ
You will not see the posts I removed from this thread, there have been more that a few.

I also have a well developed Nelsonian eye for any posts which make positive contributions.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:31 PM
toolmaker7341

Thank You. I visited your country a couple of years ago. Next time I would like to see your flying field.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi All:

I am new to the turbine community so I thought I would offer this. I am not new to RC or to jets, having been flying ICDF from 1986 to 2005 and then large EDF's for the past few years but I have wanted to get a turbine for quite some time. I am retired and on a fixed income so my turbine purchase had to fit my budget. After a number of e-mails to various US vendors I finally settled on a Jet Joe. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a refurbished Jet Joe 1800 autostart from Andy at CRX Turbines (www.crxdesigns.com) out of Buffalo, NY. Eariler this week I got the engine and after mounting it and all of the accessories to my test bench, I ran it for the first time today. I could not be more pleased with the engine. It ran very well and a long time turbine guy in our club commented that the engine ran very smoothly and ran well.

Just thought I would offer this. I will definitely consider a JJ in the future. Now I just need to finish my Jet Mach turbine trainer and get signed off.

Ed
Old 02-16-2013, 04:42 AM
BJ64

You will not see the posts I removed from this thread, there have been more that a few.

I also have a well developed Nelsonian eye for any posts which make positive contributions.

Oh kewl - so you've been cleaning up the negative stuff?

Thx for that

It got quite nasty in here a while back. The Anti-JJ brigade was belting us from pillar to post.

Things seem to be a lot more settled these days - and we can yak more freely

BJ
Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 AM
BJ64

Good to hear you're getting some pleasure from your JJ purchase, Ed.

I've heard good things from the JJ Reps in the States - they know what they're doing, but are getting a bit thin on the ground.

I bought my pair of 3000's direct from Joe, but I don't feel confident enough to open them up myself just yet to have a look-see if everything is as it should be. That job will probably go to Brett (Knobby) when I finally get around to finishing this particular build - if he's still in the game.

JJ's have had a bit of a reputation of being a little...well... 'rough' in their quality control.

Not sure how it works now, but if you bought through a JJ Rep in the past, they usually gave it a once-over to make sure it's all up to scratch before you got it.

Xair has done his own inspections and rebuilds and posted up some really good info, as have a few others. So you've got some great backing in here should something not go as well as planned.

Hope all goes well for your Mach maiden

BJ

Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 PM
edwarda10pilot

BJ:

Thanks for the comments. I am very happy with the engine. I mounted on the test bench and now have about 15 minutes of running time (this is about 5 starts) to get used to it. I should have my Jet MAch 60 finished in the next week or so. I hope to maiden the plane/engine combo in about 2 weeks. Engine runs well and starts everytime (assuming I remember to turn on the propane ). My long time turbine friend and I ran it a few times this week and he pronounced it "good to go". Throttle response from idle to full is good (need to get use to the short delay). During one of the runs, I simulated a 3 minute flight and simulated a missed approach and the engine transitioned from idle to full very well without any problems. I have the engine mounted in the Jet Mach and am now just doing the ancillary equipment layout. I am using Kerosene and 3% Mobil DTE oil.

I will get some photos later of the engine and plane.

Re: the quality of the engines, in talking to Andy about the engines, he gets them in house and then checks everything over and does what is necessary to "make it right" and then ships it out.

Ed
Old 02-27-2013, 02:21 AM
GRVW

Folks, I need some help please. My JJ 1400 has an odd problem. It starts fine and with a slow acceleration to full rpm it is fine, but when I try a fast acceleration from idle it produces flames and hangs at around 50k rpm. It doesn't flame out or stop, it just hangs and produces flames.
The injectors were recently tested and are fine, the batteries are fine, the temps seem fine, and the ECU (AU-540) has the accel delay set comparatively high at 026. When I train the ECU with a slow ramp up and down a couple of times all is fine. It's just when I try for a fast accel from idle does this problem occur.
Could it be the pump (Fliteworks 200-C)? There is quite a bit of play in and out along the pump spindle.
Any thoughts?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:51 AM
Xairflyer

First just keep upping the accel delay 026 is not high I had my wren at 31 to get it reliable.

Failing that pump is more than likely the problem
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 AM
BJ64

...speaking of pumps... one of my orginal JJ 3000 pumps ran dry and seized.

It was only dry for a second or two - fuel hose crept up a tad on the test bench when I wasn't looking, it sucked air, and that was enough to make the steel pump gears bind onto the aluminium of the pump housing.

I carefully cleaned and polished everything down with 1200 grit (could have even been 1600 or 2000 - either way, it was a mirror-finish).

When I went to put it all back together again and test, I noticed that just a quarter turn on one of the two 'through screws' that hold the pump together made all the difference between the pump not running at all, to it running - and the fuel running out from behind the seals. I've tried a lot of different combinations regarding tightening both screws, and it's such a fine line between the pump binding, and it spewing fuel everwhere.

Is there a particular trick to tightening the thing up so that it will run sweet and not leak at the same time?

BJ
Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 AM
GRVW

Thanks Xairflyer. At 31 was the accel noticeably slow? (Obviously slow is better than no ramp at all and a tail of flames, as I'm currently experiencing!)

I suspect the pump. Do you or anyone else think the newer "first quality" JJ pumps are OK, or should I buy another Fliteworks?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:03 AM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

25 accel delay should be fine. You will probably not see the differencebetween a running engine and flames going from 26 to 31.With shaft play as you described, the pump issuspect in this case. Iam surprised to hear an issue with a flightworks pump though. How old is it?

Andy

ORIGINAL: GRVW

Thanks Xairflyer. At 31 was the accel noticeably slow? (Obviously slow is better than no ramp at all and a tail of flames, as I'm currently experiencing!)

I suspect the pump. Do you or anyone else think the newer "first quality" JJ pumps are OK, or should I buy another Fliteworks?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 AM
edwarda10pilot

Finally finished my Jet Mach Turbine trainer for my JJ 1800. No taxi test or test flights yet but hopefully soon.

Ed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36354.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1856866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74087.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1856867  
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 AM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice plane Ed... When do you think you will have a chance to fly it.. Where i am the only use for a turbine now is blowing snow off my cars.

Andy

ORIGINAL: edwarda10pilot

Finally finished my Jet Mach Turbine trainer for my JJ 1800. No taxi test or test flights yet but hopefully soon.

Ed
Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Xairflyer

It was a mk2 wren so acel wasnt that fast anyway.

The first quality as they call them pumps are very good, look like a fliteworks copy, there standard pump is only good for bench running or as a smoke system pump.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 AM
edwarda10pilot

Andy:

Thanks for the kind words. Flying is currently TBD ( I was going to say "up in the air" but decided not to). In the San Antonio area we are under what is called a burn ban. Simply put that means no open flames/fires. Many interpret this to mean no turbine flying but we have not discussed this with the local fire marshall to see if we can get a waiver. Here in this part of the state, we have a lot of ranches and farms and they can burn shrubs and brush to clear the land but only when the burn ban is not in place. The burn bans are put in place by our county commissioners at the recommendation of the county fire marshall. There are some who fly durning a burn ban but if you cause a fire then the fire department is authorized to send the person causing the fire a bill for the cost of the services to extenguish the fire.

In order to test fly the plane I will need to drive about 3 hours north to Waco. Not sure when that will occur as it has been very windy and dry lately (winds exceeded about 35 mph on Monday)

Ed
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 AM
pulsar110
My Feedback: (5)

I have been running a FW pump on my JJ1400. A few months ago I suspected the pump had issues and contacted FW. I sent it in and they replaced it via warranty. The pump I sent in was an older model 200 and they sent me a brand new one. Top class service in my book.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM
GRVW

Ok, I think I'll up the accel delay. If that fails I will replace the pump, and try one of the new JJ ones. Thanks for everyone's advice on this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.