Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6 programming

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Prop_Wash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 programming

Hello, i have an optic 6 sport in an electric warbird. on the receiver channel six is in the battery port. I have read thru the manual and cannot figure out which switch on the transmitter controls channel 6. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Optic 6 programming

ORIGINAL: Prop_Wash Hello, i have an optic 6 sport in an electric warbird. on the receiver channel six is in the battery port. I have read thru the manual and cannot figure out which switch on the transmitter controls channel 6. Can anyone shed any light on this?
. Optic 6 Sport - 6th Channel functions
extract
"It is a six channel transmitter but the sixth channel is fixed to set functions,
and as such, does not require a separate button or switch.
Manual page 12 lists receiver/servo connections and functions.
Ch6 = Acro Mode - Flap, Glider Mode - Flap, Heli Mode - Collective or Left Aileron (FLPN on) or Swash Servo 3 (120)
Optic 6 Sport Features (unchanged with 2.4Ghz) includes a downloadable comparison chart
detailing the differences between the Optic 6 and the Optic Sport.
The comparison chart highlights that there is no separate control knob for channel 6 on the Optic Sport.
Optic 6 Tutorial may assist.
Alan T. "

see also:
Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ
"Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport Comparison Chart (attached) compares the differences between the two Transmitters.
The chart also highlights that There Is No Separate Control Knob for Channel 6 on Optic Sport 6.
Optic Sport 6 Channel 6 is used solely for the programmed (pre-mixed) different flight modes and conditions."

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 02-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Prop_Wash

Alan, thanks for the help. If I understand you right, I have to mix that channel into another one such as landing gear for the flaps to function?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Prop_Wash

Alan can you tell me how to turn on channel 6 , and how do I control it? I cant figure it out in the manual.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:21 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Optic 6 Sport Flap Programming

ORIGINAL: Prop_Wash Alan can you tell me how to turn on channel 6 , and how do I control it? I cant figure it out in the manual.
Please re-read Post #2 - Channel 6 is not switched.
Optic Sport 6 Channel 6 is used solely for the programmed (pre-mixed) different flight modes and conditions
."

and as in the quoted comparison charts and other material provided under:
. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport
- Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

However, one work around has been posted:
"Flap Switch on optic 6 Sport
adjusted extract:
The 3 position switch on the left side of the transmitter can be used for flaps using the camber mix once the switch positions are activated.
Just set the ailerons to zero on channel 1, adjust the flap setting in % on channel 6. Heres how to do it.

Turn on the radio and press both edit buttons at the same time, channel 1 and the % sign after 100 will flash.
Press any one of the up or down edit buttons to scroll throught the selections. Stop when you see FLT.C Set the 3 way switch to it's rearmost position.
ST1 will flash at the bottom and you will see Inh. This switch position is off. Pressing both data buttons will turn this switch postion on.
Set the switch to the most forward position and do the same thing. This is position ST2. The middle position is NOR (normal and always on)
Now that the switch positions are activated scoll to the camb selection. Set the 3 position switch to the rearmost position.
Channel 1 and % will flash. Set 1 to 0% and using the cursor buttons select 6 and set 6 to 0% as well(this will be the flap up setting)
Now set the switch to the middle position. Set 1 to 0% and 6 to 50%( half flaps) Now set the switch all the way forward set 1 to 0% and set 6 to 100%
( full flaps)

ST1 0% on channel 1 (aileron) ) 0% on channel 6 (flap)
NOR 0% on channel 1 50% on channel 6
ST2 0% on channel 1 100% on channel 6

This requires a servo on the servo 6 slot on the receiver. "

NB: EP Models are usually powered through ESC/BEC in Ch3,.
GP models (& EP with UBEC) use with a "Y" lead into channels 5 or 6.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Prop_Wash

Alan, thank you! thats what I was looking for!