Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

why is nitro hated by some???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: why is nitro hated by some???

ORIGINAL: brockettman

WOW, this thread is still on top...

OK here I go...

I HATE my nitros when they act up and need to be tuned...[:@]! BUT, when they are dialed in and running good there is no other experience![8D].

There was a day when a friend and I were trying out a freshly paved parking lot, on the weekend, no cars, no traffic. I started her up and ran for 8 minutes or so... Pulled in fueled her up and ran for another tank, more fuel, another tank. I think I filled the tank 5 or 6 times before I hit the curb and had to start her up again... I just got my first 1/8 brushless combo for my new custom rally build. It its AWESOME! Guess I need to buy more batteries!

I love this hobby!
Wow.. you're in Gypsum.. CO?

I am staying in the Westin Avon.. (Live in Sydney Australia)

Was at Costco for an hour today...

Small world...
Old 03-01-2013, 10:17 PM
brockettman

Hey Buddy! (I guess you say mate in Australia?)

Are you in the States long? Thanks for visiting the Vail valley.

What a small world! I love Costco... except no RC stuff!. Costco is on the east side of the airport... I live about two miles on the other side of the airport! Would you like to do coffee, or maybe a Fosters?

Glad to hear from you...

Ben
Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 PM
brockettman

This might help...
Details removed by mods to protect member
Old 03-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a reminder after I edited the above post, I praise you for being so open with your contact information to another hobbyist, the hobby needs more people like you, however, I felt I needed to remove the info due to the fact that google bots visit RCU every few seconds, and spammers are gathering new phone numbers and email addresses from google every few seconds, too. In this age where your email is often a significant piece of your identity, we should all be extra careful.

Please pm the details to the member, thanks again, and sorry I had to remove them, I wish we lived in world where I didn't. Keep on trucking or defying gravity or whatever it is you do.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:44 AM
brockettman

Dooooh! Thanks Foxy.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: brockettman

Hey Buddy! (I guess you say mate in Australia?)

Are you in the States long? Thanks for visiting the Vail valley.

What a small world! I love Costco... except no RC stuff!. Costco is on the east side of the airport... I live about two miles on the other side of the airport! Would you like to do coffee, or maybe a Fosters?

Glad to hear from you...

Ben
Costco is one of the highlights of coming to the USA.. (we have them in Australia but the prices are much lower in the USA...)

Have replied to your PM...

Cheers mate
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: OvalRacer99

Lazy? Realy?
Umm...NO!!!!!!!

Sounds like you nitro guys are loking for some sort of justification for your love of nitro.

I am a racer, I hate bashing. Here where I live, nobody races nitro. Besides, we have winters that are long and cold and with electric, I can run indoors,
can't do that with nitro!!! I love my electric 1/8th scale truggy.

Run what you like and if we don't agree, so be it.

So are you saying that running electric takes just as much effort as running fuel..?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:52 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When i first seen this thread 14 pages ago,I wondered when the next" Why is water wet" ??? coming out... , after all is said and done, what does it boil down to and what have we gained from it?? I like nitro,i like gas,i like electrics,so kiss my *****........ [:'(]
Old 03-02-2013, 09:58 AM
spog1

after all is said and done, what does it boil down to and what have we gained from it?? I like nitro,i like gas,i like electrics,so kiss my *****........
When you ask people the reasons behind their preferences, you some times get valuable information.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:09 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: spog1

after all is said and done, what does it boil down to and what have we gained from it?? I like nitro,i like gas,i like electrics,so kiss my *****........
When you ask people the reasons behind their preferences, you some times get valuable information.
And some times it's just a bunch of guys arguing which toys are better lol.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: t-max97

LOL, but yet we still do it. lol

Does any else's wife pick on them for playing with there "toys" as she says it? her latest is calling me a nerd.... So i call her "Fifty Shades of Twilight" [8D]

Imagine if our wife's/girlfriend knew we all are on a forum discussing our personal feeling towards our "toys", sharing our experances with them. then getting into debits about it.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:17 AM
spog1

Does any else's wife pick on them for playing with there "toys" as she says it?
I never had a girlfriend who wasn't as passionate about her toys.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:26 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was once a nitro guy. I got so tired of charging batteries it wasn't even funny. Fortunately times have changed and battery technology have come a long way. When Brushless motors and LiPo's started to appear I jumped on the wagon quick. While I liked the extended run time of Nitro there were things I hated.

1 - The stink. They smell like cr_p plan and simple.
2 - The noise. Anyone that thinks that noise adds realism needs to have their head examined. If your real car sounds like that you'd junk it.
3 - The constant never ending tuning. I can run 2 packs before most Nitro guys can have their cars tuned well enough to complete a lap.
4 - The Mess and clean up. Nothing more fun than cleaning up an oily mess at the end of the day.
5 - The cost. Brushless/Lipo is more expensive up front but down the road it's much much cheaper. We've had the threads bashing that one out already so look them up and don't do it hear...
6 - The performance. The instant punch of a Brushless combo and the never end torque make brushless cars a lot more run to drive and the response you your input is instant.

I was once a Nitro guy but hated everything except the run time. I'm back to electric and I'll never go back..
Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: john01374

I was once a nitro guy. I got so tired of charging batteries it wasn't even funny. Fortunately times have changed and battery technology have come a long way. When Brushless motors and LiPo's started to appear I jumped on the wagon quick. While I liked the extended run time of Nitro there were things I hated.

1 - The stink. They smell like cr_p plan and simple.
2 - The noise. Anyone that thinks that noise adds realism needs to have their head examined. If your real car sounds like that you'd junk it.
3 - The constant never ending tuning. I can run 2 packs before most Nitro guys can have their cars tuned well enough to complete a lap.
4 - The Mess and clean up. Nothing more fun than cleaning up an oily mess at the end of the day.
5 - The cost. Brushless/Lipo is more expensive up front but down the road it's much much cheaper. We've had the threads bashing that one out already so look them up and don't do it hear...
6 - The performance. The instant punch of a Brushless combo and the never end torque make brushless cars a lot more run to drive and the response you your input is instant.

I was once a Nitro guy but hated everything except the run time. I'm back to electric and I'll never go back..
I like your post because you actually give the reasons you prefer electric.. and I can agree with virtually every point.. same goes for aircraft...

As for cost.. yes, high end Brushless will cost many $$$... Even the cheaper stuff works ok for sport flying.. I have a small spitfire I bought 3 years ago from HK for $69, Brusless motor and ESC included. Man, this plane has been awesome, just fun to fly and never fails, I have 5 x 1300 Mah batteries that I run in this plane, they cost me $8 each from HK.. Total investment Plane and Batteries.. $110... plane and batts still going strong after more than 1000 flights, no exaggeration..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUr81q8hqpg[/youtube]

Here is a vid.. Electric is awesome. No mess no fuss.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does any else's wife pick on them for playing with there ''toys'' as she says it?
bahahahahahahahahaaaaa, nearly fell of my chair.... lol

Ever thought about making brushless? oh god or nitro powered lmao
Old 03-03-2013, 05:44 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Does any else's wife pick on them for playing with there ''toys'' as she says it?
bahahahahahahahahaaaaa, nearly fell of my chair.... lol

Ever thought about making brushless? oh god or nitro powered lmao
lol, now that would be another nitro hater..... too messy [X(]
Old 03-08-2013, 09:18 AM
nitroexpress

A gathering of the faithful. Flashlights need not apply.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:33 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

ORIGINAL: t-max97

LOL, but yet we still do it. lol

Does any else's wife pick on them for playing with there ''toys'' as she says it? her latest is calling me a nerd.... So i call her ''Fifty Shades of Twilight'' [8D]

Imagine if our wife's/girlfriend knew we all are on a forum discussing our personal feeling towards our ''toys'', sharing our experances with them. then getting into debits about it.

I got rid of mine, wife not rc's. She was more interested in reading 6 300 page books a week than living a life with me or getting her arse up off the couch. Good ridence. She can call me any name she wants, now I put all my phones ringers on silent so I don't have to speak to her at all if I don't want to pick up the phone. Rc is my anti drug. I need to find a life
Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 PM
mopartybob

sounds like you did already, , now recharge your batteries and go live it!!! [8D]
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Barrymartin

I like the sound and smell of nitro also the long mains that they run. I only have a ae gt2 for nitro but I like the thing.  i dont konw why people hate nitro, i think because they are lazy or due to noice issue .....
Old 03-10-2013, 09:40 PM
ejc34710

Anybody got one of those double face palm pictures???