Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Missing pics?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 PM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Missing pics?

Is it just me or have a lot of random pics in various recent warbird threads gone missing lately? In numerous threads that I frequent there are just boxed red "X"s where there used to be pics...might have a group of 4-10 pics in a post and 2 or three may be missing in the group, or on another post all may be gone, and in yet another all are fine?

this is in recent posts...not from old posts where there were so many pics lost in the "Great Server Catastrophe"

Hope I don't have another stinking virus sneaking past my firewall and AV programs
Old 03-01-2013, 07:29 PM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Missing pics?

You can't upload new pics either.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:43 AM
warbirdfan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here... whats up with that?????
Old 03-02-2013, 07:50 AM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

It's an RCU "feature"
Old 03-02-2013, 08:57 AM
freddy s
My Feedback: (33)

I tried to post some pictures of a kit I am selling,no dice.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes there is a server issue again. What Frets is referring too though, is that pictures that have been posted in the past are now missing from some threads. I noticed this myself. I worry more about this than not be able to post pics at the moment....
Hopefully they will return, if not, we have lost a lot of info that they(the missing pics) conveyed in the threads.

Casey
Old 03-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Get yourself a free Photobucket account, post you pics there, and link to them here. Tada, no more worries about RCU server issues!

Old 03-02-2013, 03:12 PM
BubbasanJohn

Awesome picture Chad. Funny enough, I was up close and personal with a radial engine from a hellcat today.  Yes I knew how large the plane is, but until it is sitting right infront of you ........  Man that power plant it is just GARGANTUAN in every way.  Weight and size was impressive to say the least.  Just trying to lift a piston...  I am truly humbled today.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:32 PM
frets24

Casey, You have echoed my biggest disappointment in the loss of numerous pics in threads; ie0 the detail and reference loss contained in the pics

Chad, Linking to photobucket may well need to be the "wave of the future". A few extra steps , but at least if we post something that may be of reference value to our fellow modelers it won't suddenly go poof!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: BubbasanJohn
Awesome picture Chad. Funny enough, I was up close and personal with a radial engine from a hellcat today. Yes I knew how large the plane is, but until it is sitting right infront of you ........ Man that power plant it is just GARGANTUAN in every way. Weight and size was impressive to say the least. Just trying to lift a piston... I am truly humbled today.
Yep, she's a big girl no doubt. In fact the Hellcat is larger in most respects than the P-47. I guess the Jug get the "biggest single engine fighter" title because of its higher weight rather than its physical size.

ORIGINAL: frets24
Chad, Linking to photobucket may well need to be the ''wave of the future''. A few extra steps , but at least if we post something that may be of reference value to our fellow modelers it won't suddenly go poof!
The only down side to P-bucket frets is the slow loading times for those folks still running slower machines since it loads the full photo rather than a thumbnail. I don't think that's a big issue for most people though. I guess that sometimes the P-bucket photos are blocked from being viewed by folks who may be browsing at work too which can be inconvenient. Still, it's better than no pictures at all!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

test
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87375.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1857567  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:20 PM
frets24

Looks like most of the missing pics on my favorite threads are being restored for the most part Hope this is an indication of a positive and permanent patch...not just a teaser!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: frets24

Looks like most of the missing pics on my favorite threads are being restored for the most part Hope this is an indication of a positive and permanent patch...not just a teaser!

Hope we get more than a patch.

When RCU was purchased awhile back it was by IB. Their promise was that their ultimate plan is to move RCU to Vbulletin. In fact, IB owns VBulletin.