Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend Yak 130

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend Yak 130

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 AM
kasi122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetlegend Yak 130

Hi,

How could you order the plane?. There is still nothing on their homepage.
I wrote 2 emails to JL, where i asked when it would be possible to order the plane and the price, but i didnt get an answer?

Andi
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Andi, go to zedjet.com and email Jeff Sewell.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

whats the estimate delivery time on this kit?
Old 03-09-2013, 02:55 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ragz

whats the estimate delivery time on this kit?
Anurag, see my last post!
Old 03-09-2013, 05:18 AM
Ragz

Yes I already got in touch with Jeff. Awaiting response. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 AM
james ladell
My Feedback: (1)

Just got back from the field, just flown my yak as the weather has finally allowed me to get out.
What a fantastic model, just flies on rails, is so scale in flight as well,
I must thank Mark Hinton for all his help in the set up and advice. Really appreciated. The build thread that has been really help full as well so thanks for that also was good to look at what someone else was doing.
can not wait for tomorrow to get out again to fly the yak and complete my hour of test flights

James Ladell

Old 07-11-2013, 07:44 AM
jeffking45

i have question about the yak 130 how different is the prototype to the production model? i see that the one featured does not have leading edge flaps and pilot recessed ladder door and can one buy a yak 130 with those options.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Ragz

whats the deal with this yak?  Where can one buy them from?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 AM
schroedm

ORIGINAL: jeffking45

i have question about the yak 130 how different is the prototype to the production model? i see that the one featured does not have leading edge flaps and pilot recessed ladder door and can one buy a yak 130 with those options.
I think you're confusing this Yak with Vitaly's JWM yak-130 model!!

The jetlegend model is good.....but not that good
Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 AM
jeffking45

okay thanks I`am new to this. where can one buy the vitaly jwm yak 130? and whats the price? does anyone else other than jetlegend sell the yak 130? if so who and how much.  
Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 AM
schroedm

Vitaly's Yak is a $500,000 one off technically owned by Yakolev.

Jetlegend sell one as you know. Contact them via their website.

FEJ will be launching the largest one on the market soon but I won't pass comment on that just yet. No price either yet.

Also, depending upon how new you are to this, this model is not really suitable to start with.

Cheers
Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello

Any update on this thread? Mark V., have you finished the build? Did you maiden the Yak?

Would like to know overall impression about the kit. Looking closely now :-)

Best regards

Nuno
Old 11-13-2013, 04:16 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

​Hi Nuno
The Yak airframe its self is all but finished but as yet unflown. I've had a few set backs deciding on suitable turbines and RC and of course want everything to be right before I commit it to the air.
My first delay was my new Tx that I bought last year with this airframe in mind. That Tx let me down big time and l lost a two airframes including a jet checking it out. I decided to return to a more reliable brand but this meant checking that this new Tx and its new DMSS modulation to see it worked reliably. This Tx proved to be very reliable but I soon hit another snag, this new Tx was using the new JR DMSS system and had no hardware to allow me to use it with the Powerbox SRS that I had fitted in the Yak. This new hardware was finally realised by JR in August but I then had to buy yet another Tx to be able to use it requiring further testing. Amazingly I very soon found out that JR had not actually flight tested this setup themselves!!. I set about doing my own independent flight tests, fortunately all went well and it was proven to work well over 30-35 flights so now at least the RC is sorted.
Now to my choice of turbines.
I had been running a very light (1540g complete install) 120 sized turbine that I was confident would be ideal for the Yak so bought a second one back in April/May to make up a pair. Unfortunately this second turbine failed and had to be returned for repair after only one flight. Upon its return I then ran it in a test airframe along with my new RC over the next month. Annoyingly the turbine slowly developed another fault and again had to be returned for repair. It came back last month but due to some really bad weather over the last month have not been able to get out and flight test it yet.
A do have a second choice of turbines, I have two Wren 100 turbines which have proven very reliable. As a pair they would give me around 44lbs of trust which is more than enough and would also save me around 400-500g of weight. Overall weight is not a big issue with this Yak as even with the two 120 size turbines I have a margin of 800g and if they prove reliable 55+lbs of thrust will be interesting :-).
I've not been idle and have built several jet airframes for customer's over the past year and another three for my self to play with along with a few repairs.
Its not likely my Yak will fly within the next month but it will be the next airframe on the bench, I'm just not sure which turbines will be fitted. As soon as any positive progress is made I will post here on RCU but I am not going to rush anything and want to have every thing tested and reliable.

Mark V

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 11-13-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Miquel

I have finish my Yak and no idea of throw ajus, any body help me??

Thanks in advantage.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Malcolm Kay
My Feedback: (11)

Can
Old 02-12-2014, 11:35 AM
jetnuno

Hi
From my search, it seems that only the facory model and mark Hinton's have actually flown. The bird is on sale for 2 years.,.. not that much models to a new product. I am about to order the plane, but shooting in the dark for this one scares me a bit. What is the overall impressions mainly in structural integraty in a 25Kg bird? The main wing tube seems solid and a good solution to cope with Gforces, but hey, it's the first JL plane in this size and weight.

Miguel, it seems that only JL could help regarding throws and mixes.

Regards
Nuno
Old 02-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Malcolm Kay

Everything that comes out jet legend today is very well tested and the safety and the construction should give no cause for concern Nuno and a lot more than just the factory prototype and mark hi tons plane have flown .... I am not afraid watch this space here's mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1590
Size:	836.7 KB
ID:	1967893  

Last edited by Malcolm Kay; 02-12-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Add photo
Old 02-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Malcolm Kay

This one was delivered 26 th january 2014. And the airframe number was 12.. MK
Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM
jetnuno

Hi

I have all the detail pics from this and other threads in my hard disk to look at and make an evaluation, regarding construction details, hardware, gear, etc.. If you search rcu, there are only 2 threads including this one and other from a factory pilot. Search in youtube and there are only a couple of videos. Mark Vandervelden as not flown yet (at least didn't post here). Other owners are actually looking for control throws. You have received yours a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, I saw your thread ;-)

Don't get me wrong, cause I love this plane and I am about a inch or so, to place a order, but before taking a dive, would like to know a bit more about it and hear some flight reports. My guess is that it will take a while and I'm not sure I'll be that patient

Do you have some links you want to share?

Regards
Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 PM
james ladell

I have one of the first yaks. Mine has had about 30 flights. It is a sweet plane to fly with no nasty habits apart from the drag when you shut the throttle. I will post the control movements I have on mine. Only problem is the weather here in the uk is bad to night and I can not face heading out to the workshop. Will post tomorrow once I have measured mine.
james
Old 02-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Malcolm Kay

Hi James thanks for chiming in I.m looking forward to seeing the control throws when you can post them I.m not ready to maiden by any means but I would like your input please , and any other tips you can throw in the ring. I would understand about the drag as the yaks inlets are ginormous , and I would think that once you throttle back the airflow would build up in front of the inlet like a bow wave.
I have watched a few vids of marks plane and the factory and the yak seems to float on landing is this correct ? Are you single or twin configuration.?.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Malcolm Kay

Another question , sorry. How much down elevator is programmed on full flap .?
Old 02-13-2014, 03:11 PM
james ladell

Ok been in the workshop tonight and put her together to get the control throws.
this is my preference as I like a positive feel on the controls when I fly but on the rate settings It is a bit more slow and sedate.
Rudder 20mm each way measured at the top of the rudder.
Elevator full rate 50mm up and down ( needs this when taking off on grass) low rate 30mm each way measured at the back of the elevator against the fuz.
aileron full rate 40mm down 30mm up as the hinges will not allow any more. Low rate 20mm both ways measured inboard near flap.
flap is as much as the hinge guides will only allow when they slide out.
I am running a 200sx jetcat in mine. Me and Mark H built them as a pair and where identical in the install.
we moved our fuel tanks back and changed the tanks to a two tank system and put them on the c&g as near as possible. We carry about 6.5 litres and I get times of around 7 mins but their is not a lot of fuel left in reserve.
the undercarriage is fantastic but be aware that it can recoil and throw you back into the air if you get it wrong and touch down a bit fast.
approach is fun. Their is no real change in pitch as such with the flaps down so no mixing required. The air brake on top is fantastic but you will need to approach on half power or more with every thing out in the breeze as the drag is high. Once lined up chop the power and flair, it will be like some one has grabbed the plane fom behind and it should touch down at a slow speed just wait for it to come to you, don't force it down.
if flying in a cross wide watch the nose as it will weather cock in to wind just before touch down, I have been known to land with half flap when it is like this as touch down speed is a bit higher.
I have the ordnance but to be honest I only put it on for static. I fly with the missiles on the wing tips but nothing else as I feel the drag would unbelievable. The missiles, drop tanks and missile launchers are huge.

If you need any thing else just ask
james
Old 02-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Malcolm Kay

James, wonderful info ,thanks for posting the throws and the landing instructions ,should be a great help to all of us getting ready to fly...I find interesting that no down elevator needs to be programmed with landing flap. In such a close coupled airframe and such enormous flaps I would have presumed that the lift would be enough to push the nose up but your experience should be a big help. Thanks again MK
Old 02-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Miquel

Thanks very very much James.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.