Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

new truggy

Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 PM
rcrazy1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new truggy

So I'm looking into buying a new truggy. Where I'm at I would want a good bashong truggy. I am a beginner and have never built a kit although I would like to. Anythoughts on whoch truggy I should look into buying? I'd like to be around three to four hundred if possible.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:39 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: new truggy

There are two that fit your requirements and budget that come to mind (if I think of any others, I may add them), but these will be your best bet I think...

OFNA Nexx8T
Hot Bodies D8T
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Your not going to be able to have a truggy rtr for $300, you can almost get the nexx 8t for $400 with a tower hobbies coupon. I would say that's your best bet, I have one and it's been great so far.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:27 AM
t-max97

Have you ever owned an rc before?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Foxy

I assumed he already had engine and electrics from an existing truggy, but you make a good point, now I read it again, he might mean that he is expecting to be able to copmplete the car for that much money.

Also, another mistake many beginners make when it comes to truggies is that they don't realise that truggy describes a specific class (1/8th truck), and is not applicable to all scales. He may be looking for a 1/10th.

OP, we need clarification what you expect to get within that budget, what you have already, etc.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I assumed he already had engine and electrics from an existing truggy, but you make a good point, now I read it again, he might mean that he is expecting to be able to copmplete the car for that much money.

Also, another mistake many beginners make when it comes to truggies is that they don't realise that truggy describes a specific class (1/8th truck), and is not applicable to all scales. He may be looking for a 1/10th.

OP, we need clarification what you expect to get within that budget, what you have already, etc.
True Iv'e seen that more than once lately, people calling stadium trucks truggies.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM
rcrazy1991

Thank you everyone for the help. To answer your questions. I have owned a rc before. It was a nitro monster truck. Also I do have an engine which is from the truck that I was going to use just as a sit in until I raised the money for a better one. I checked into the mentioned truggies and they are both within my price range. Now I just have to decide. Thanks again for the help .
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Foxy

The Hot Bodies has been pulling out some great competition results lately, good fast and strong car. Given the choice, that would be my pick of the two.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM
t-max97

Either one would be great, just pick whichever one you like better.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:09 PM
mattsauto

losi 8t 2.0 truggy kits may still be available for 299 if you look on ebay (brand new). i bought one and it's awesome.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Barrymartin

Trophy truggy is great but losi 8T definitely worth the $799. If you afford losi its best for racing if not then for bashing around the HPI will be great.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:48 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: Barrymartin

Trophy truggy is great but losi 8T definitely worth the $799. If you afford losi its best for racing if not then for bashing around the HPI will be great.
The trophy truggy is a terrible car, and the Losi kit (not RTR) can be bought for $300 at the moment, making the RTR not very good value for money at 800 bucks. Just saying. You should try some of the real quality kits before making such bold statements. Try a Mugen or Xray.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:35 AM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: Barrymartin

The trophy truggy is a terrible car, and the Losi kit (not RTR) can be bought for $300 at the moment, making the RTR not very good value for money at 800 bucks. Just saying. You should try some of the real quality kits before making such bold statements. Try a Mugen or Xray.
I think all the $299 specials have been bought up. Might be some for $375 (including shipping) on EBay.