Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help with Afterburner Lighting Module

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help with Afterburner Lighting Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 AM
coolt5
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Afterburner Lighting Module

Hi everyone

i need ur help with this electronic ring for after brining i get it from DREAMWORKS and its have no manual so i am trying all what i can think of but with no lock so agene i boost it here to get help

as u can see in the picture there is to cables comes from the board one for the 2S lipo and the other one to be parallel with the throttle channel but the question where should i connect the ring to and the ring have a JR connecter so pls help on this one

thanks

Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 AM
coolt5

Default RE: Help with Afterburner Lighting Module

and for any one need the manual this what i get form serching and i dont know if its going to work so>>

Whats an Afterburner?
The Afterburner is an application yet driven by a Beacon EVO Electronic Board (see documentation attached) that is preprogrammed for the use with an Afterburner ring.

What does Afterburner?It simulates with a ring of especially selected ultrabright LEDs the original Afterburner function of a high power jet engine, giving you the real “full throttle†feeling.

The afterburner can be seen from directly behind your jet, when you fly away from you. The viewing angle is narrow like on the real thing but you can see the effect on a very long distance (500 meters no problem, even more) The driving electronic intermits the lighting for you to have the imagination of a real flame.

Programming my AfterburnerThe only thing you might have to program is the switching point and the flashing pattern. As this is basically a Beacon EVO Electronic board, all other information from the original documentation applies, but it is extended with thirteen Afterburner pattern.

Finally:
Let is burn and we wish you always enough air below your wings

Programming:
{B} of the selection effect:
Bring your throttle servo or tester in the following position: throttle servo tester in the middle or middle [1.3 ms to 1.7 ms].
Now press the button for at least 1 second. Takes a brief flash of all LED's. After releasing the button shows beacon Aft 7.2 V once the initialization sequence.

1st You can now pick up with the throttle servo tester or different effects.

If you have made your selection, press the button for 1 second. The programming of the flash pattern is complete. This block shows the initialization twice and then your selection. Then he goes into normal operation.

{C} choice of switching positions
It is advisable to program the choice of switching positions with the channel your remote control, hereafter also handles the switching. Course, you can perform the programming of the switching functions with the servo tester or the gas channel. If you use a different channel than the previous one, please note, that at the start of the programming of the channel is rash to +100% (equivalent to "full throttle" when the throttle stick).

You need to determine the switch positions determine successively all the points:
- Of
- A
Important Note for switching point-programming: For a safe operation please ensure that the switching points are not closer than 0.1 ms are together!

So:
Bring your throttle servo or tester in the following position: throttle "full throttle" servo tester or right stop [> 1.75 ms].
Now press the button for at least 1 second. Takes a brief flash of all LED's. After releasing the button shows Beacon EVO 7.2 V once the initialization sequence.

It lights LED1 +3 +5 permanently.

* Now bring the channel switch, or throttle servo tester in the position at which all light functions "Off" should be.
Press (the LEDs), now the button for 1 second. You can see the initialization twice and the LED remains bright.

* Now bring the channel switch, or throttle servo tester in the position where all functions are "a" being.
Press (the LEDs), now the button for 1 second. You can see the initialization twice and the 3 LEDs will flash briefly and then go into operation over

If you are in the midst of programming through each other - do not panic Do not interrupt the power supply for a few seconds and you just start again from scratch. If you literally stick to the above description, you should be able to complete the program successfully.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:04 AM
RUFTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ring is not supposed to have a JR-style connector. It should be a flat connector that goes into the side of the control board. I'm not sure if it will work on a 2S lipo without a regulator, my guess is you will fry it!

Regards, Bart.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:15 AM
coolt5

thanks Mr.Bart

now i know there is a missing part from Dreamworks thy should send it with this control unit.
and also they send me the wrong board for the led light cos the ring have a jr connecter not like the one u have only to cable red and black . my ring have three cable yellow and red and black

i will check with Mr.TODD and let you know .

thanks agene
Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

when did you buy this product from us? we have not sold flugmodellmau product in years??
Old 03-06-2013, 06:23 PM
coolt5

in February, 2012 Mr.TODD
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: RUFTER

I'm not sure if it will work on a 2S lipo without a regulator, my guess is you will fry it!
It is designed for 2S lipo, I have had that in writing from airfighter.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:23 AM
RUFTER

Thanks for clearing that up Harry, I thought I read somewhere to take power of the reciever battery. I tested mine on 5.5V and looked more than powerfull enough. Was planning on taking power off of my 12R-22, but it's nice to know I have this option too.

Regards, Bart.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: coolt5

in February, 2012 Mr.TODD
I suggest you use email to contact me if you have an issue with a product purchased through us. I can always be reached at [email protected] or [email protected].
We havent stocked Flugmodellbau lighting in over 2 years! I suggest you email some pictures of what was received so we can review and advise appropriately.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM
coolt5

Mr. TODD

Email was sent to both Emails .
thanks
Old 02-01-2014, 02:33 PM
mustang493

Did you get a manual for this controller. If you did can you share with me.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:50 PM
coolt5

Unfortunately nothing until now even Todd Witkoff didn't help me .
Old 04-16-2016, 03:50 PM
coolt5

Unfortunately nothing until now even Todd Witkoff didn't help me