Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Propeller advise for multiplex parkmaster

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Propeller advise for multiplex parkmaster

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 AM
kemp83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Propeller advise for multiplex parkmaster

Hi, I am new in electric models. I only have experience with nitro and gas models, so I need help. I recently bought a multiplex parkmaster 3D powered by a Himax Outrunner Brushless motor HC2816-0890. Propellers size for this motor is 9x4.7-12x6 (isn't this range to big???). I have a lot of propellers from my 46 size nitro engines 11x7 both APC and Master Airscrew. I have seen that in rc online stores there are different propellers for electric models. The propeller center hole diameter is the same with the motor shaft diameter.

So, my questions are: 1.Can I use the propellers I have (propellers from my 46 size nitro engines 11x7 both APC and Master Airscrew) on my electric model(multiplex parkmaster)?
2. What propeller size is the best for 3D flying? Is 11x7 ok?

Thank you in advance
Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 AM
whitecrest

Default RE: Propeller advise for multiplex parkmaster

An 11x5.5 E prop is recommended for this plane. [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955205]Here[/link] is an excellent review. Gas props sometimes perform well on electrics. Your APC 11x7 might work. However, electric props are generally lighter and more efficient. A few flight tests will tell you which prop works best for you.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:03 AM
cubaneight

No, don't use props designed for IC on most electric setups. IC props are designed to be far more robust and heavy to withstand the shocks of running on an IC engine, also the extra weight and inertia helps to keep the IC engine running smoothly.
Electric motors have different requirements, so stick with APC thin electric props for the best all round performance. The recommended prop for your model is an APC (electric) 11X5.5 so start from there. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955205

Hope this is helpful & good luck.

Kevin.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 AM
kemp83

Ok! Thank you very much for the immediate response!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 AM
kemp83

Hey guys...one more question...When the battery is installed and there are no inputs from the transmitter (throttle is full down) a bip noise is heard from the esc every 15-20 sec. Is this normal?
Thank you! 
Old 03-08-2013, 04:40 AM
cubaneight

Could be that the throttle range needs setting.

K.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:09 PM
kemp83

What exactly do you mean cubaneight?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:15 AM
cubaneight

If the ESC doesn't work but emits a series of beeps after the battery is connected, it 's more than likely that the ESC is not recognising the signal from the throttle channel. To set the throttle range..... turn on your TX and set the throttle to full; plug in the battery to the ESC and after the first beep quickly set the throttle stick to minimum. A series of beeps will confirm that the throttle range is now set. If your gear is Futaba, make sure to set the throttle channel to reverse before setting, all other gear should work OK on normal.

Don't forget to take care when working on a live model, make sure it's well secured so it can't jump forward unexpectedly - and keep your fingers clear of the prop at all times.

K
Old 03-11-2013, 11:38 AM
kemp83

ok thank a lot!