Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Which Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 02:09 PM
hchytd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Quad?

Greetings boys -

My sorority girls and I are looking for a great quadcopter for beginners as a new play toy - both inside and outside.

Any advice on which to get (@$100+ budget) - Blade MQX, Traxxas QR-1, Heli-Max 1SQ?

All 3 look good - but not sure which is best and why?

XXOO

- Tiffany
Old 03-08-2013, 02:48 PM
LarryV

Default RE: Which Quad?

I would go with the V 929 from Banggood.com. It is a mini quad that will fly both inside and out. It has four mode settings from beginner to aerobatic. In the 20% mode it is very easy to learn to fly and at 100% you can do flips and rolls. It comes with a 2.4 Ghz transmitter, battery, charger and four extra props. I would also order 5 extra battery's at the same time. Here is the link: www.banggood.com. Then click on "Toys & Hobbies", RC Quadrocopters, then look for WLtoys V 929 Beetle 4-Axis Quadrocopter. for $45.19. i have crashed mine many times with no damage. I would also order the 5 extra battery's for $12.29. Get the "Mode 2" version with the throttle on the left stick. Also, for shooting stills or video, the V959 has a video camera attached that uses a micro SD card for video and stills. Video quality is ok for playing around and learning. Price for the V 959 is: $68.99
Old 03-09-2013, 07:59 AM
hchytd

Thank you, Larry!

But how about the 3 models I mentioned?

Any other boys out there with input for us?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM
LarryV

I don't know anything about the Traxxas or Helimax and I was not ableto find them in any of the searches, send me the URLs I will check them out for you. My first quad was a MQX which flew fine but you will need a transmitter which will cost you an additional $100.00 and you are going to need some knowledge of setting up the transmitter to fly the MQX. The V929 comes with a transmitter and is ready to fly right out of the box. Also, the V929 quad and the MQX are the same quads under a different name and a huge price difference. Stay away from any thing that uses Infrared controllers, they don't work well in day light or brightly lit rooms.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:12 PM
mrbonez

the traxxas qr1 is a neat little gut but lacks part's support right now . the heli max is a very stable quad and parts seem to readily available, as for the blade i have never had one so i cant say . if i had a choice i personally would go with the heli max its just so easy to fly and alot of fun
Old 03-21-2013, 02:50 AM
MassiveOverkill

WL Toys V202 is bulletproof and can handle 20+mph winds:

http://youtu.be/WHGWpS83rQU

http://youtu.be/YsmiLYWwYio

http://youtu.be/U_cY6LRB-c0

We carry all the spares and upgrades and parts to create the ultimate micro quad, the Frankenquad (based off the V202), not to mention every single quad is flight tested:

http://www.shop.massiverc.com/

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1813540

Old 03-21-2013, 04:20 AM
ATVAlliance

Ive flown the Heli Max and liked it, but went with the Blade mQX.  

I like the mQX better simply because its...

*larger
*flies better (my opinion)
*has a larger battery and longer flight times (before I put my light kit on it I could easily get 12-14 minute flights and still get 10+ with the lights on)
*has quite a bit of aftermarket and "bling bling" support/parts for it.

It is a little more expensive, but worth the extra money...again, my opinion.