Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

How do you remove the Stators on a C05 Micro

Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 PM
guitardude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you remove the Stators on a C05 Micro

Hello everyone, I purchase this C05 motor from Hobby Partz for a Guillows Lancer I'm building. Everything was fine until I removed the motor to finish covering the front of the plane, when I put the motor back onto the plane I got that nice awful "jittering" from the motor and it wouldn't run. My experience told me that Ihad a broken lead/wire. Sure enough I pulled the magnet housing off the motor and found a lead broken. I can't seem to pull the stator from the back of the motor housing, and I'm not sure if its press fitted on or glued on. It appears that it may have been pressed on then then glued but I'm not sure.

If any of you have any experience getting the stators off an "Outrunner" motor I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48111.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1859626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96868.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1859627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60772.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1859628  
Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Lnewqban

Default RE: How do you remove the Stators on a C05 Micro

I have not done it, but I believe that some moderate heat from a gun or oven could help.

Also, wouldn't soldering the lead damage the varnish insulation of the coil?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 AM
guitardude

Default RE: How do you remove the Stators on a C05 Micro

I tried heating it this morning with a soldering gun with no avail. However placing it in the oven may do the trick. The idea is to JUST solder the wire that broke, then placing a small peice of heat schrink tubing on the solder joint. Worse case scenario, if I get it apart I could try my hand at re-winding the stator. However at my age, that might be a BIG challenge. I REALLY think the small RC stuff is cool, but sometimes a pain to build or work on.

Those are my thought for the repair, but I just may have to purchase another motor if I can find one.

David