Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

now the appeals begin

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:07 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: now the appeals begin

paypal IS the safest way to send money.....if you are the buyer.
That is the lesson learned.
If you buy online, feel safe knowing no matter what happens...if the product is damaged, not right, or you just change your mine, paypal will let you return it for a full refund. You will only be out the cost of mailing the item back.

If you are a seller however, no that you must have money on hand for when a dishonest buyer decides to use paypal's protection to send you back items they have no right sending back.

I will state again, that I have only had 2 cases opened against me in 2+ years. The 1st the buyer said that they didnt recieve it. Tracking number showed they did and that was that. Closed in my favor.

I am only really ticked because I DONT have $500 sitting in my paypal incase this happens again. I didnt know it could happen in the 1st place. If I had money on hand then I would probly continue to sell on ebay. Since this has only happened once in a few years, Im still clearly making money. I just dont have money set aside for the purpose of covering these claims. And I cant go pulling money out of my checking account to cover future orders because a claim put my paypal account in the Red again.

Common sense is no longer...its not common. Common sense says a buyer should have to prove what he says. It also says if the buyer buys from a seller that says "no returns" then he shouldnt be able to return it. It says if paypal will take a buyer at his word, they should do the same for a seller.

It does sound like paypal/ebay are to big together. They have all the power and will continue to do as they please. You cant hardly use ebay without paypal. Its a catch 22.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:29 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should have language in your return/refund description to include a 80% restock/resell fee.....
Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

you should have language in your return/refund description to include a 80% restock/resell fee.....
why? Paypal would over rule that the same as they did my "no returns" policy.
when you use paypal as a seller, you forfit control of your chosen policy, as well as control over your money.

Paypal's attitude:
buyers are good
sellers are bad
Old 03-10-2013, 12:34 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

why? Paypal would over rule that the same as they did my ''no returns'' policy.
when you use paypal as a seller, you forfit control of your chosen policy, as well as control over your money.

Paypal's attitude:
buyers are good
sellers are bad
so no matter what you put in your ad, if the deal goes south,your SkrEwD?? sounds like a conspiracy to me...... [:-] I'll gamble with my life, I'll gamble for my bald-headed wife,but I won't gamble with my money. So now that you know this,are you goin to continue selling?? if so, i'd make damn sure of what i'm selling is of reputable QUALITY, INSPECTED,and TESTED, I would feel MORE comfortable buying with this promo,than "New in Box".............. [:-] Good Luck to you, Don't quit your day job... MPB
Old 03-10-2013, 01:56 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

why? Paypal would over rule that the same as they did my ''no returns'' policy.

Paypal's attitude:
buyers are good
sellers are bad
so no matter what you put in your ad, if the deal goes south,your SkrEwD?? sounds like a conspiracy to me...... [:-] I'll gamble with my life, I'll gamble for my bald-headed wife,but I won't gamble with my money. So now that you know this,are you goin to continue selling?? if so, i'd make damn sure of what i'm selling is of reputable QUALITY, INSPECTED,and TESTED, I would feel MORE comfortable buying with this promo,than ''New in Box''.............. [:-] Good Luck to you, Don't quit your day job... MPB
to be honest im on the fence. If I do continue selling, I have to store up fund in my paypal in case it happens again.
Had a electric model been returned the loss wouldnt be that high. but since its a nitro and the buyer put fuel in it I cannot sell it again as new, thus Ill end up with maybe $100 after shipping and ebay fees.
Im sure any hobby shop owner will admit that they have seen stuff from many brands come back with an issue...tho its surely rare. I have sold around $100,000 in Redcat products in the past 2+ years. In that time, I think there have been maybe 15 customer recieve an item with a issue. Not even 1 every 2 months.
The item which was returned to me was NOT damaged or defective. The customer simply didnt want it. And paypal's policy makes it really easy for him to lie and return it....and hard for me to prove he lied.
I would feel very different if the buyer did recieve a defective item. Even tho my ad stated No Returns, I would at least understand the buyer's desire to return it and his right to file a claim with paypal.
But in this case, it was 100% buyer's remorse. he changed his mind, figured out nitros are to complicated for him. And thats simply not my fault...yet Im paying for his poor choice. Thanx paypal.

Again, paypal=good for buyers....bad for sellers.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:31 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Phew man I'm so glad it arrived together and in running order.

I had no idea ther is a chance of it going to PayPal for inspection, wonder if they will pay someone to look at?

So if the buyer has been refunded and u get refunded who ownes it? I wonder if PayPal will requests to inspect the item so they can keep it so they can recover there losses from both refunds by selling it?

Man if that's true they would have a bin full of all kinds of stuff...

Just a thought, is it worth keeping it, if u can? It might save u some headaches down the track if u use it as a parts truck.
I know redcat do the warranty, but some people will ignore that and go straight to a PayPal claim or leave bad feedback.
So say in the future if u have a similar problem, ask for photos of the faulty part, and if it checks out send them the replacement parts from the parts truck. Then could u lodge a warranty claim yourself on that faulty part.
I dare say, one day u will get one with a manifacturing fault... Busted pull start, missing screw, who knows

Or part the truck out, buyers will be more incline to buy from you if u offer spare parts

I don't know, just a couple of ideas
yeh, not sure how it works if paypal wants it sent to them to be inspected.
If they straight up pay me back the money then I get the model as well. I was told that is a possiblilty.

as far as selling it again, if I sell it as ''used'' on ebay then it would be much harder for someone to file a claim with paypal/ebay and win. They are way more likely to side with a buyer if the item is listed as new.

I have had a customer or 2 recieve a redcat item with an issue....dented body here...mis shapped alloy hub there....defective radio ect. Not often, but when it has happened the customers have contacted me, I explained the warrenty claim and it was taken care of. In some cases I contact Redcat myself and explain the issue....especially on parts orders that are defective. They almost always ship out replacement the same day.
My ads all say ''no returns'' and ''Item warrentied by Redcat Racing''
Most people can read and thus understand they are buying and item that, should it have an issue, will be fixed/replaced by Redcat.

The buyer in this case didnt go the warrenty route...because there was nothing needing replacing. He just changed his mind and used the very EASY return system paypal has so that he could return it.

Considering last year I sold over $40,000 worth of Redcat stuff, getting only 1 person misuse the system is probly really lucky.
Dont meant to be rude but havent u learnt anything from this?
Uve read the terms and conditions right?, and u know that the items u sell are covered but the paypal seller/buyer protection.
even this troubble u are having would show u that u cant make up ur own rules.
surly u understand that Yes u can post that about No returns,but it has no legal bearing and does not overright ebay & paypals terms and conditions.

Leagaly on ebay, no returns means u will not accept returns just because they dont like it (some sellers offer this)
No matter what u put in ur auction decription ebay and paypal rules overright it.

Trust me if a customer has a faulty product thay have every right to send it back to u. and doesent that previous case just prove that? Doesent matter what u put in the item description, because thats just it.... Its the item description not sales conditions. if the customer wants to view the conditions of sale they can click on customer support..... not item description

hey dont just take my word for it, call them if u are unsure about any of the terms and conditions that a seller has to adbide to when selling items covered under the buyer/selller protection act

take care, good luck
Old 03-10-2013, 05:42 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

I will add a bit hear Got burned twice buy paypig. First time, ok maybe I made a error second time I printed the add and the question's and ansures took pic's of the product recived as it was not even close, was told to file a claim. Filed the clame and when all was said and done pay pig did nothing, would not respond to a registered letter.
So they can thake there businessand stuff it I will never use them again also have had problems with the new commer bill me latter

Cheers Bob
Old 03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Dads like rc too

Trust me if a customer has a faulty product thay have every right to send it back to u. and doesent that previous case just prove that? Doesent matter what u put in the item description, because thats just it.... Its the item description not sales conditions. if the customer wants to view the conditions of sale they can click on customer support..... not item description

hey dont just take my word for it, call them if u are unsure about any of the terms and conditions that a seller has to adbide to when selling items covered under the buyer/selller protection act

take care, good luck
This is not true. A customer has no right to return a product sold as is with no returns. Luckily for this buyer, he had PayPal to fall back on. So in this case, the customer had a means to get the non returnable item, returned. It has nothing to do with his rights as a buyer. If Nitrosports had a brick and mortar store, he would not have to accept the return "legally". Unfortunately, since PayPal and eBay are a private company, they can set their own policies. By utilizing their services, you are agreeing to their terms.

This is very much like a home owners association or H.O.A. Many neighborhood subdivisions have an H.O.A. They sometimes have silly rules in place like you can't have a privacy fence, or you cannot park a boat in your driveway. Now you own your property, but are violating the rules by doing certain things. Now most would say its your right to be able to put up any kind of fence on your own property. Unfortunately when you purchase a home in one of these communities, you are provided a copy of these rules. By purchasing the property you are agreeing to these crazy rules. It's your choice to not buy the home or live with the rules.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 PM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

take care, good luck
This is not true. A customer has no right to return a product sold as is with no returns. Luckily for this buyer, he had PayPal to fall back on. So in this case, the customer had a means to get the non returnable item, returned. It has nothing to do with his rights as a buyer. If Nitrosports had a brick and mortar store, he would not have to accept the return ''legally''. Unfortunately, since PayPal and eBay are a private company, they can set their own policies. By utilizing their services, you are agreeing to their terms.

This is very much like a home owners association or H.O.A. Many neighborhood subdivisions have an H.O.A. They sometimes have silly rules in place like you can't have a privacy fence, or you cannot park a boat in your driveway. Now you own your property, but are violating the rules by doing certain things. Now most would say its your right to be able to put up any kind of fence on your own property. Unfortunately when you purchase a home in one of these communities, you are provided a copy of these rules. By purchasing the property you are agreeing to these crazy rules. It's your choice to not buy the home or live with the rules.
ummm????what???? it is true.
A buyer had every right and this is outlined within the ebay and paypal conditions.
As per the T's&C's rc cars and car parts are currently eligiable for returns under the buyer protection act. if found to be faulty and can be sent directly to the seller for a full refund regardless of whats written in the items discription or warrenty status

If u would like I can post links to the US ebay's T's&C's that explaine this in more detail?

U say if he had a brick and mortar store, he would not have to accept the return ''legally''.... well thats incorrect.
To be a seller on ebay he would of had to digitally signed a legal binding contract with ebay and paypal. or in simple words, agreed with them
Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Dads like rc too

ummm????what???? it is true.
A buyer had every right and this is outlined within the ebay and paypal conditions.
As per the T's&C's rc cars and car parts are currently eligiable for returns under the buyer protection act. if found to be faulty and can be sent directly to the seller for a full refund regardless of whats written in the items discription or warrenty status

If u would like I can post links to the US ebay's T's&C's that explaine this in more detail?

U say if he had a brick and mortar store, he would not have to accept the return ''legally''.... well thats incorrect.
To be a seller on ebay he would of had to digitally signed a legal binding contract with ebay and paypal. or in simple words, agreed with them
No, please do not post all the PayPal and eBay policy again. I understand eBay and PayPal have a policy in effect to use their service. I think you misunderstood my post. You originally said that it was a buyers right to return merchandise. It is not their right. It was paypals private policy that allowed the confiscation of Nitrosports PayPal funds at their own discretion. Nobody is questioning that it is their policy to do this. We just think its terrible business practice. Yes we all now understand that PayPal can do whatever they choose with their private business. I said that if Nitrosports had a brick and motar store he would not have to accept a return on merchandise sold as is with no returns "legally". I meant an over the counter sale not involving PayPal or eBay. If you walked into this made up shop or most any real hobby shop for that fact, this return that is the topic of this thread would never have happened. If the buyer chose to insist on the return of the merchandise, he would have to file a claim in small claims court.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:29 PM
phmaximus

ummm ok? to me it sounds u are talking about things that are irevelent to this thread. im taking about selling and buying on the US ebay. not some general store in the USA.

U can play word games and even take my indvidial "words" out of context, it doesent change anything.
The Fact is, they have every [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights]RIGHT[/link] to make a claim on the ebay buyer/seller protection act.

It seems u have got stuck on the "words" i used, Dont focus on how I say it, focus on the point of it

FYI, most other english speaking contaries have Laws in place to protect consumers that are very close to the ebay policys. Its a shame that the USA does not do the same. SO from what u are saying if u get ripped of in the states by a local busniess, u are screwed?
We have the ACCC, they fight for our rights and prosecute them accordingly

Do u not agree with my previous posts?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Dads like rc too

ummm ok? to me it sounds u are talking about things that are irevelent to this thread. im taking about selling and buying on the US ebay. not some general store in the USA.

U can play word games and even take my indvidial ''words'' out of context, it doesent change anything.
The Fact is, they have every [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights]RIGHT[/link] to make a claim on the ebay buyer/seller protection act.

It seems u have got stuck on the ''words'' i used, Dont focus on how I say it, focus on the point of it

FYI, most other english speaking contaries have Laws in place to protect consumers that are very close to the ebay policys. Its a shame that the USA does not do the same. SO from what u are saying if u get ripped of in the states by a local busniess, u are screwed?
We have the ACCC, they fight for our rights and prosecute them accordingly

Do u not agree with my previous posts?
I did not take your words out of context. You've taken the whole thread out of context. When you read the past posts, Nitrosports didn't say the buyer had no rights through PayPal....he didn't ask anyone to post Paypals user "rights". He started a thread to pass on his experience with Paypal as a seller. He didn't question if Paypal had the right to do what they did. He knew they did after the thorough explanation of their policy by their representative. He was basically telling everyone what a load of crap it is to allow you to set up your own sellers page, then select from ebays own multiple choice selling conditions to not allow returns, but then to be told he still has to allow returns "not Nitrosports own words, my interpretation of what he posted". And yes I guess I did get stuck on some of your words. In the U.S.A. the word "right" as in individual or persons "rights" means a lot. You keep saying the buyer had every right, or he had a right to return when in fact no such "right" existed. It was this buyers luck that Paypal's policy allows the buyer to return a normally non returnable item. Sorry for the confusion. I don't disagree that the buyer would be able to return this item due to Paypal's return policy, I, like many on this forum think its just shady business.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
FNG RIDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is really going no where; )  obviously some people here do not have the intelligence to read and comprehend what the OP is posting.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:55 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are selling $40,000 worth of stuff... taking a hit now and then is expected and your pricing (AND DISCOUNTS) should reflect the ability to take those losses.

Maybe the buyer was at fault... but if you are moving that volume of stuff...problems will occur from time to time.... stop complaining.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:28 AM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

I did not take your words out of context. You've taken the whole thread out of context. When you read the past posts, Nitrosports didn't say the buyer had no rights through PayPal....he didn't ask anyone to post Paypals user ''rights''. He started a thread to pass on his experience with Paypal as a seller. He didn't question if Paypal had the right to do what they did. He knew they did after the thorough explanation of their policy by their representative. He was basically telling everyone what a load of crap it is to allow you to set up your own sellers page, then select from ebays own multiple choice selling conditions to not allow returns, but then to be told he still has to allow returns ''not Nitrosports own words, my interpretation of what he posted''. And yes I guess I did get stuck on some of your words. In the U.S.A. the word ''right'' as in individual or persons ''rights'' means a lot. You keep saying the buyer had every right, or he had a right to return when in fact no such ''right'' existed. It was this buyers luck that Paypal's policy allows the buyer to return a normally non returnable item. Sorry for the confusion. I don't disagree that the buyer would be able to return this item due to Paypal's return policy, I, like many on this forum think its just shady business.
Im sorry if ive done something wrong. ive been following Nitrosports problems from the begining, all I thought I was doing was helping people understand the ebay/paypal policys. Even still some people are confused about what is covered for paypal claims, And most importantly what ebay considers returns

Im discusted with ebay and paypal for they way they opperate with the buyer protection. they are to quick to issue a refund IMO. Nitrosport dident even get a fair chance to help the guy or check the item for faults before they refunded the buyer, pure BS if u ask me.
and what really ticks me off, the buyer problary wont get in any troubble for loging a faulse claim

*note: item returns
If a buyer accepts returns, that means u can return a unwanted, undamaged, un opened item in original packaging for a refund, most sellers make the buyer pay for the postage back, and some sellers charge a restocking fee. Some people get confused and assume this covers faults with the items. there is a seperate section for that and if the item is elligable returns due to fauts in non negotiable.

I think its a fair rule, but they need to handle it better, to lodge a claim the buyer should prove that there is a problem to paypal and that he has tryed to reach a agreement with the seller before they let them lodge the claim.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:31 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

in the last3 days all i see is ebay if there is so much trouble with them why use them
Old 03-11-2013, 05:36 AM
CafeenMan

Sorry about your situation. I had PayPal for a short time. One Sunday morning I get a call from some guy at PayPal asking if I bought some CAD software from a guy named Paul in Canada. I said no. They said it looked fishy to them and they would take care of it.

Tuesday morning payment hits my bank and bounces - about $1500. I called PayPal and they said there's nothing they can do and, "Oh yeah, it's going to hit your bank a second time." They give me the exact amount so I put a stop payment on it. Come to find out they told me the amount in Canadian funds. Well my paycheck hits the bank (direct deposit) and my account is cleared out.

PayPal gets me back that money but said they wouldn't do anything about all the overdrafts it caused from payments I had out before I ever got a call from them that all bounced because of it. Fortunately my bank forgave all the overdrafts but some local merchants didn't. In all cost me about $200 in fees to local merchants.

I told PayPal to close the account. They said, "We'll just put a hold on it in case you change your mind." I told them don't bother. I won't change my mind. Your lack of security caused this and you didn't make good on it. I won't be using PayPal any more.

They still put a hold on it. Then for two years I kept getting letters saying I can't have an account on hold that long and they were going to close it. So I did nothing because that's what I wanted. But the letters kept coming. So I called them and said go ahead and close it.

Then they told me I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to prove I was me (affidavits and such). Finally the account got closed.

PayPal is a really screwed up organization. I'm sure a lot of people have no problems with it but any time someone does it seems to be a story like mine or NitroSport's. I could probably make a lot more sales through my site if I had PayPal - people request it sometimes. But no, no sale is worth dealing with PayPal again.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 AM
CafeenMan

You say you have to take a big loss because the engine has been run. What about just putting in a new engine and keeping the one that was in it?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The new engine thing is an idea but the engine is one of the most expensive parts to replace so he is still taking a sizable loss considering the slim profit margin he sees per unit anyway.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:23 AM
[email protected]

with all the bad things said about paypal why do people still use it if you cant pay another way dont buy>>> when i buy i have the buyer send me the item and i send him a money order i might lose then maybe not but not a lot to go through
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

Either my buyer was uneductated...
Or was he uneducated?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: erik valdez

Either my buyer was uneductated...
Or was he uneducated?
LOL, nice catch.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM
collector1231

I don't have bad handwriting!!  Man, thats horrible. Hopefully, you'll get your money back. Or, if you can't get rid of it, i'll pay for shipping if you send it to me... 
Old 03-11-2013, 02:28 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

If you are selling $40,000 worth of stuff... taking a hit now and then is expected and your pricing (AND DISCOUNTS) should reflect the ability to take those losses.

Maybe the buyer was at fault... but if you are moving that volume of stuff...problems will occur from time to time.... stop complaining.
I think you read the wrong post. The original poster sells a few hundred a month. Another participant in this thread made the comment about their high volume of sales. Someone like Nitro selling a smaller volume doesn't have that cash sitting there for goofy issues like this... which he stated before.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:08 PM
peekay
My Feedback: (6)

Hey,
what about taking a short video of the working vehicle, starting it and driving it around the driveway or something,
and then emailing this video to paypal to show them that the item was in fact working and not defective? It will save
you on the cost of shipping it back to paypal and also allow you to hold onto the vehicle in case you manage to
sell it..
Peekay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.