Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Smallest helicopter that can do a proper loop and roll

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Smallest helicopter that can do a proper loop and roll

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:43 PM
bscfo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smallest helicopter that can do a proper loop and roll

I've been trying to expand my flying slowly into 3D. I recently bought a Blade Nano as a "real simulator" and have had success with inverted flight. It is very resilient but cannot do a nice loop or roll. What is the smallest helicopter that can do a nice big loop and an axial roll? Thanks.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:49 AM
bscfo1

Default RE: Smallest helicopter that can do a proper loop and roll

My Nano has the brushless conversion. When I pull up during a high speed pass, it won't carry the momentum in an arc like my Trex 450, it just flips on it's back. Has anyone seen the new brushless mcpx do a loop and roll like a bigger bird? Or is it just asking too much of these smaller helicopters?

I only see people doing tight flips and hard 3D with these micros. It's really cool, but I'm not ready for that yet. Like to practice some FAI style loops and rolls. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

my normal V1 MCPXwill not do a nice loop or roll, it'll loop just fine and roll but not nice round loops or axial rolls, Ithink the disc loading is just to light on it...no momentum...have a 130x showing up tomorrow so I'll have to see it that does decent loops and rolls...I've seen the 300x do nice loops and rolls in many videos, just nto sure if the smaller helis have the weight to do it
Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM
bscfo1

ORIGINAL: Vertical3-D

my normal V1 MCPX will not do a nice loop or roll, it'll loop just fine and roll but not nice round loops or axial rolls, I think the disc loading is just to light on it...no momentum...have a 130x showing up tomorrow so I'll have to see it that does decent loops and rolls...I've seen the 300x do nice loops and rolls in many videos, just nto sure if the smaller helis have the weight to do it
Thanks - this is what I need to know. Maybe the 130x is the smallest helicopter capable of doing all these maneuvers with no weaknesses. But if I see the new mcpx BL doing something close I may be tempted.....
Old 03-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Vertical3-D

Iwas gonna buy one for the durability factor that comes with an mcpx but I thought for the benefits of the 130x I'd go that route, worst case once the tail wears out Iget some aluminum godies and I'm back in business...Igot it in he air today, putting some gentle general flights on it today to break in the batteries...is much more stable than the mcpx so far...flew sweet staight from the box with the dx6i I bought today with the recommended setting...slightest tail wag in hover but not near the way people made it out to be...not saying some arn't worse but I'm not seeing it, I did have to enlarge the motor mount holes to get proper gear mesh before flying it though so thats something to watch out for...I'm happy with it so far though...very happy, also snagged a used msr for around the house, also a nice little machine..
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Vertical3-D

The 130x will definitely do a decent looking loop but not a huge loop, I was able to get nice loops out of it this weekend. They were more round with the throttle lock off basically flying it like an airplane, with neutral pitch at the top of the loop, only rolled it once so I can't say on the rolls yet, I assume it will once my skills improve a bit more
Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 AM
bscfo1

Vertical3-D - the 130x sounds like it would have more of the flight characteristics of a larger helicopter. A round loop using neutral pitch at the top is exactly what I'm looking for. I did see a few people doing FF loops with a mcpx bl, but I haven't seen a roll yet. I'll bet the 130x could do an axial roll. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Vertical3-D

In the hands of a skilled pilot I'd say so, but my current skill level still makes for not so pretty rolls...but I'm just happy to do rolls and loops with a heli considering I haven't flown one for over 5 years till I got into it again a few weeks ago...and before Iwas barley capable of foward flight...that says a lot for these new machines...makes it easy, heres a video of the 130, I did better loops after this video but no one was filming then...these were some of the first Ihave done with it www.youtube.com/watch
Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 AM
bscfo1

Cool video - you're doing great! Man that thing is fast!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 PM
9sec240

mCP X BL will look and roll like a big heli.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:42 PM
bscfo1

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

I wish someone would post a video of a nice axial roll in forward flight. I'm pretty convinced that the mcpx bl will do a decent sized loop, but I'm still skeptical about the roll. I'll probably still order the mcpx bl first before the 130x. The power to weight ratio is crazy!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:52 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: bscfo1

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

I wish someone would post a video of a nice axial roll in forward flight. I'm pretty convinced that the mcpx bl will do a decent sized loop, but I'm still skeptical about the roll. I'll probably still order the mcpx bl first before the 130x. The power to weight ratio is crazy!
I have both and love the BL MCPX much more than the 130 X.. It is small and light but will loop and roll perfectly..

I am away from home for another week but will post a vid whenI get back.