Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RCU Score

Old 03-14-2013, 11:06 PM
streetsquid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU Score

Hey guys,
Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this, cause right now I'm feeling a little ignorant. Below your avatar on each post you make it has a little blurb about you (when joined, last log in, home city etc) It also lists the total number of posts you have made and has a numerical score . I've noticed some guys with less postings have higher scores, others with similar number of posting have similar scores. makes no sense

Does anyone know how this score is calculated, what it it refers too and if it has any significance......just curious and I couldnt find anything on the site that explains it.

Thanks a million!
Streetsquid
Old 03-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Lincs Winks Wayne

Default RE: RCU Score

I do not know about scores but I have not seen a new post button for a year and no one has stumbled on a reason or fix that seems to work.
I have tried the suggestions from the forum and its management but no success yet.
I am able to reply but not make new posts.

Wayne
Old 03-15-2013, 07:04 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every time someone rates one of your posts (look at the bottom right of any post for the 'Rate' link), whether they give 1 or 5 stars, the number of stars awarded is added to your score.

So, for example, if I rated your post above 5*, your score would increase by 5 immediately. To be honest, I hope they simply change it to a 'thank' system and a thanks meter in the new RCU forum software update coming soon, as people abuse this star system, and also, people who do rate posts as a rule, will not rate a post that already has 5 stars, as they see their work is already done. This means that if someone maliciously rates the post 1 star (as has happened in the general discussions forum for the stickies), it makes the threads look poorly rated, as they immediately go down to 3 stars and it takes a lot 5 star votes to then get them back up again.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:09 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: Lincs Winks Wayne

I do not know about scores but I have not seen a new post button for a year and no one has stumbled on a reason or fix that seems to work.
I have tried the suggestions from the forum and its management but no success yet.

Wayne
This is definitely a problem specific to your computer. I have heard no such reports from other members. I personally use all the mainstream browsers and while some have problems with some aspects of RCU, the new thread button is not counted among them.

Have you tried using Chrome? Or if you are using chrome already, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Best thing I can suggest really. Chrome is by miles the best browser for x86 based Windows PCs at the moment, take it from me as an IT professional and web designer.

Also try clearing out all your cookies and usage data (cached webpages etc), the problem may be coming from those. RCU cookies are notoriously finnicky.

This is where I see the new post button (see image below)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18803.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1862220  
Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

I just gave you a 5 star rating for this post and you went up five points. First time ever for me....
Old 03-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Lincs Winks Wayne

Hi:
I am on Chrome and have done all the things you have mentioned plus some others that John Neff from RCU sugested I try.

Wayne
ORIGINAL: Foxy

Wayne
This is definitely a problem specific to your computer. I have heard no such reports from other members. I personally use all the mainstream browsers and while some have problems with some aspects of RCU, the new thread button is not counted among them.

Have you tried using Chrome? Or if you are using chrome already, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Best thing I can suggest really. Chrome is by miles the best browser for x86 based Windows PCs at the moment, take it from me as an IT professional and web designer.

Also try clearing out all your cookies and usage data (cached webpages etc), the problem may be coming from those. RCU cookies are notoriously finnicky.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am disappointed and really bummed out. I just searched for all of my postings so that I could vote 5 stars for everything I have ever done and I discovered there is no way I can vote for myself. Gimme a break!

Nuts! .......... I need hug.[]
Old 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Foxy

Hi:
I am on Chrome and have done all the things you have mentioned plus some others that John Neff from RCU sugested I try.

Wayne
ORIGINAL: Foxy

Wayne

Weird. Good luck with that, I was sure reinstalling chrome would fix it. Probably some errant registry entry somewhere causing it.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rex Ross

I am disappointed and really bummed out. I just searched for all of my postings so that I could vote 5 stars for everything I have ever done and I discovered there is no way I can vote for myself. Gimme a break!

You can always start a second account at a different email address and rate your original login.Might be quicker than finding that hug from the likes of us! lol.

I have wondered what that number meant as well. I'm not sure what function having a high score would serve or who would even notice. But maybe that is important to some.

Perry

Old 03-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I need a beer........my score is only 105.......no one likes me[&o]

Cheers,
Wade
Old 03-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

I need a beer........my score is only 105.......no one likes me[&o]

Cheers,
Wade
Someone liked you... you got that 5.

Now that I know about this feature I can have fun with it. I rated this post a 5 star too (cause I learned somthin') and streetsquid went up 5 more points. It's like a digital pat on the back.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL i vote for you Rex Ross
Old 03-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pah co chu puk

Now that I know about this feature I can have fun with it. I rated this post a 5 star too (cause I learned somthin') and streetsquid went up 5 more points. It's like a digital pat on the back.
~~~~~~~~~~

By golly that's fun ....... I also did the 5 star thing and watched the score go up 5 points!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:24 PM
streetsquid

Foxy,
Thank you for the clear and concise explanation. Evidentally I haven't paid enough attention to realize this function even existed. I will use this going forward for thos e posts that are educational, interesting, insiring or in someway really benefits me.
I have to agree the simple thank you idea might be better, I could see this turning into a popularity contest for some.

Look at what has happened on evilbay, a seller will not even give the buyer a rating until the buyer first leaves them positive feedback. Which defeats the whole purpose of the rating system to begin with. The buyer's part of the transaction is done, seller has their money, yet the buyer gets held hostage. Because that rating has a higher impact on an individual who buys a few things each year as opposed to a power seller who has 30,000 transactions to absorb any negative feedback.

Anyway thank you again for taking th time to explain this for us all!

kindest regards,
Streetsquid (Craig)
Old 03-15-2013, 05:30 PM
5skyhawk172

Please , Please give me a point.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Twin_Flyer
My Feedback: (4)

Never noticed the rate post option till I read this thread.

Bill S.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:46 PM
5skyhawk172

Thank you Bill.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHO CARES!

now rate that.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:27 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Well, that's strange.. I too am using Chrome, and I do have the "New Post" link at the top of the page.. I am guessing that it has something to do with your settings, although I am not sure what settings might be causing the problem!!

Craig.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 PM
5skyhawk172

GO away HOUNDDOG
Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE
ORIGINAL: 5skyhawk172

GO away HOUNDDOG
BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE
BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE
BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE BUY BY BYE
BUY BY BYE Hows that rate?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 PM
5skyhawk172

Man, you've got serious problems.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Well we can form a voting consortium from which we vote for each other Rex.

Hell I'd award you a couple of hundred points for all the cool stuff you build...

Jerry
Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Ronan87

I voted for you guys... vote for me!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM
5skyhawk172

I did Keith.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.