Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

question for the racers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 PM
JTANK78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for the racers

is it true some people set up there drag break threw there speed controll and some do it on there raido/esc? i want to set up my drag break and i have spectrum raido and lrp speed controll, im fairly confident i cant set up a drag break on my speedo, if im wrong let me know
Old 03-18-2013, 12:45 PM
JTANK78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: question for the racers

opps brake
Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on your stuff.  I'm not familiar with LRP electronics, but you should be able to modify its settings using the reset button on the ESC.  Your manual should detail the procedure.  But it's INFINITELY easier using a "program card" designed for use with the ESC.  As for setting drag brake via the transmitter.....I don't think that's possible.  Some transmitters allow you to set an anti-lock brake setting, but that has nothing to do with actually changing an ESC's program settings with respect to drag brake.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:45 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im not sure if anyone at my track uses drag brake, but it does seem like it could be useful.
You can have say 10% braking without having to move your finger beyond the nuetral point.
The only thing is, there may be some corners where you would want the truck to "coast" threw.
I suppose it depends on the truck, the track, and your preferred driving style.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:14 AM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know of any guys that use any drag brake. I'm sure some do, but those of us that know what it is and what it willl do, have it turned off or turned all the way down.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Use it as you see fit. The concept is that some braking force is applied without you having to move your throttle finger past neutral which saves time because you're ready to pull the trigger again. If you figure out how, turn it up, drive it then turn it down and drive it. See if either way helps or hinders your driving.