Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Charging small 1s LiPo with a "proper" charger

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Charging small 1s LiPo with a "proper" charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 01:46 PM
ghost123uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging small 1s LiPo with a "proper" charger

Hi all,

I have a couple of Ultra Micro models as well as my bigger ones. These use the tiny "Celectra" plugs directly attached (no wires) to the cell and come with a very basic charger. Also this charger runs off 4 x AA cells [X(] or a 6 volt input, so not ideal there either (compared to normal 12 volt field chargers)

I do own a decent "proper" LCD equipped field charger that will go down to 1S at as little as .1 amp, but I cannot find a "female" adapter to enable me to connect them to a normal "proper" charger.

This would also give me an accurate voltage reading in the field as well as 12 volt input.

I am in the UK and cannot find a Celectra socket / lead to fit the plug attached to the LiPo []

Is anyone else using a "proper" charger with these tiny LiPo's ?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Bluelt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Charging small 1s LiPo with a

Yes, use a proper charger with a charge cord like the one here;

http://www.valuehobby.com/accessories/charge-discharge-wires.html

You can do a search on how to charge multiple batteries.  With one battery hooked up you will see a voltage value!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 PM
ghost123uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charging small 1s LiPo with a

Although I am in the UK, your suggestion was very helpful as it helped me find a similar cable on UK ebay ([link=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTREME-Charging-Cable-for-3-MCX-MSR-1S-LIPOs-/261120430359?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3ccbfd9117]LINK[/link])

Not sure I will use it for parallel charging of LiPo's though ([X(]), but it will do what I need it to

Thanks,