Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hobbico LiFe batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Skerts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico LiFe batteries

Hey there,
I want to purchase a Hobbico LiFe battery and a suitable charger. I was recommended the CellPro charger but my LHS has a Hitec X1 available in stock. My question is, what type of balance adapter board do I need for a Hobbico LiFe battery? The website for the batteries says that it has an electrifly balance connector but the Hitec X1 charger comes with a XH adapter board. Will they work together or will I need to purchase a different adapter board?
Thanks a lot.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:54 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobbico LiFe batteries

Xh is pretty standard now.  Consider Hobby King life packs of same quality and much less cost.
I believe there are a lot of repackaged life packs out there for varying value.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:07 AM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

XH for sure. I just got one.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:31 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hobbico 3200mah LiFe 60 bucks.
Turnigy 3000mah LiFe 20 bucks.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ver_Pack_.html
Old 03-21-2013, 06:22 AM
Skerts

Can you personally recommend the Turnigy's? I get afraid when things are cheap aha. 
Also, I see that they have one JR plug and one Futaba plug.. It's just a case of filing down the step to use that Futaba plug in a JR system right? 
Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 AM
acerc

I have been useing their batteries for about four years without issue. I still have the first ones in use. As for the plug, yes it can be clipped to fit. They have many other sizes and such. Give em a look.
This guyhttp://drfoamiesrc.com/ introduced them to me. They are all he offers in his kits.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 AM
kwblake

Hey ace. I too, am very leery of items that "appear too inexpensive". On your recommendation, I too will give them a shot. I also have a bunch of Hobbico LiFe batteries, but will try Turnigy's.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:49 AM
acerc

I use the turnigy motors, speed controllers, servo controllers, batteries, chargers, balancers, and testing gear. So far in 4-5 years I have not had a issue with any. There servos ar good enough for park flyers but I would not go any larger, really cheap plastic.  I have been researching there recievers and it seems they may be good, I'm gonna buy one and see. There are several at my field that use the small ones in park flyers. I need bigger ones so I just ordered an 8 channel and will run it through some test and see for myself. If they are good thats a hundred bucks saved right there.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:10 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have two of the hobbyking life batteries and they have worked well for me. same for the orange receivers, I even have one in a 1/4 scale Supercub.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Several members of our club obtain the zippy life packs from me and they are being used for many models for receiver packs.  We are also using them for glow driver packs now and will be used in Meister Spitfires (6 being built in the club).

Not a one has been bad.... shouldn't say that I guess.  In other words all have been good.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:20 PM
acerc

I just remembered I have a four cell Turnigyin my Little Giant starter. It is a serious starter now, unlike it was with the NiMh's.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:24 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

I have 4 of the zippy 2S 2100 mAh and 1 of the zippy 1800 mAh Life battery packs, and couldn't be happier!!  I can charge them quickly, and go fly.  I have had no battery related issues with any of them at all, except for the one that I accidentally left turned on for about a week, and naturally it puffed up..  I never tried to re charge that pack, as i wouldn't trust it in a plane..  I might just go ahead and see if I could re-charge it, and if it does take a charge, use it for my starter!!  

Long story short, I am happy with my Zippy LiFe battery packs!!

Craig.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:36 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

As I understand a123 cells are the same chemistry but allow higher C rates both discharge and charge. The best prices I've found are from radical RC, 2300 a123 2S rx packs for 36 bucks and 3 dollar shipping assembled in USA :O