Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hobby King shipping ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby King shipping ?

I think that I am going to order a new charger from Hobby King, what kind of delivery time can I expect ?

ed
Old 03-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Checklst

Default RE: Hobby King shipping ?

Depends........from China my order was 18 days..........my charger came from HK North America(in stock)7days....5 working days.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Yup. Same here.
Walt
Old 03-21-2013, 10:20 AM
crashlander
My Feedback: (10)

So far it has been 9 working days and still not here. Package is supposedly coming from USA warehouse.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:36 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no US warehouse. There is a US store front. Most shipments will arive within 10-14 days unless it gets routed through the swiss route. Then it can take up to 6 weeks.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Checklst

When I Googled their Washington warehouse it came up as a commercial shipping warehouse...............Google compared it to a UPS store Front. I call them bin pullers....if the bin has product in it they will pull and ship it..... if its empty.......nothing ships,most CSM do not even tell the parent company when the bin is empty.......not their job so to speak!!!!they just pull.....I guess one could call it professional stroking.

I had a large group of guys at our field tell me the rules in advance if one purchases from HK......... Don't ever order if you are in a hurry.......and never order anything you can't afford to throw away.......because returns are not worth the investment in time.

So far I have not had to test the rules on a return(only 2 orders) I did however get a headache and waste 3 hours of my time trying to get a Tech to answer a simple question.......gave up and went on with flying.[8D]
Old 03-21-2013, 01:42 PM
acerc

That sums HK up very well.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9 days from HK USA sounds like quite a wait but it is across the country. Any tracking number??
Your order status show shipped??
We need data!!
There must be a warehouse. We jusrt don't know where it is in WA. But shipping is usually fast from USA facility.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Scota4570

I ordered from the USA warehouse last night. The shipping is much less and the delivery time is much shorter: via the US postal service. The default option is to pick it up yourself in Washington state.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:32 AM
Checklst

Please don't take my post as a HK hater............I will order from them in the future on certain items....although I will still follow the rules the guys at my field follow........... My last purchase was a Turngey Acc 6 charger around 23 dollars shipped is was around 30 bucks and I got it in 5 working days...... vary good service. I live in Atlanta GA so it is a fair distance from the CSC commercial shipping center. The charger has worked vary well, I purchased it because my new Hitec X2 400 went on the fritz. I sent Hitec an email of what the problem was, and within 30min had an email response asking me to send it in to their repair center and include the purchase bill for warranty work.......I lost the Bill but gave them my credit card bill.......hitec sent me a brand new charger.......total turn around time 2 weeks. The email contact with them took about maybe 15min total out of my day.

The service sent me an email when they received my charger and an email with the tracking number of the charger heading back to me..........they did not tell me it was a new charger (Nice surprise).....Great service after the sale hitec THANKS!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:30 AM
hurrimk2c

With the questionable posts I have seen about Hobby King, I am hestiant to order from them, let alone give them my credit card. However, they seem to be the one carrying the Hawker Hurricane Mk IIB Tropical EPO 1000mm (PNF). I've contacted them but apart from credit cards they take Western Union which sounds like it'll be a hassle as well. Anyone know who else carries this Hurricane. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 AM
rubberman

I cant even order from them. My card is rejected when i go thru the payment process. Then i got a call from my bank saying possible fraud detection. They told me that the country processing is blacklisted and i cant purchase from that country. I guess i could go thru the paypal way.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Checklst

ORIGINAL: rubberman

I cant even order from them. My card is rejected when i go thru the payment process. Then i got a call from my bank saying possible fraud detection. They told me that the country processing is blacklisted and i cant purchase from that country. I guess i could go thru the paypal way.
Im with you paypal is the way to go...........that way no one has you number
Old 03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
hurrimk2c

I asked about debit cards, money order or check and all I got was "we'll take Western Union". Doesn't look like a site I'd want to do that with - who know which country it's going to.....
Old 03-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Goldenduff

PayPal also gives you a level of security in that if the goods do not arrive or are defective they can refund your money. Link your cc to PayPal for another layer of protection.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:32 PM
unclecrash

I setup an checking account just for online purchases. my banker siad this is the best way to go if purchasing online. it is not linked to my savings or other checking account. So I just put what I want to spend in it or I can still transfer money from other savings or checking to online purchases account. I use paypal and do not need any money in the paypal account and it is instant transaction pulling money out of the checking account that is setup just for online purchases. That way if a hacker gets into my online checking that is all they can get because it's not linked to the saving's or other checking account. I do not use my credit card I have for the online purchases any more, because if you do your order will sit and sit if you donot open a ticket and tell HK to get the ball rolling, where when I use paypal and it is drawn off my online checking account. I do not have to open a ticket ever it go'es right through without having to contact HK. I think this is one of the reason's people complain there order is not moving and they complain there Customer service sucks. I have over 20 orders with HK and never have had a problem getting my order's rolling. If I use my credit card I automatically open a ticket on the second day because I know if I don't it will sit and sit. I don't think it's bad customer service its the people in the office who are getting the order's.The customer service are the one's who allway's get the job done for me by opening a ticket. I know you should not have to do this put there is a flaw some where in there system.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Depending on when you order they can take 45 days.  I believe they wait for a container full and then ship.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:09 PM
countilaw

I think I would rather pay my LHS a couple of dollars more, and have in my hands right now. Why wait 18 days or 45 days just to save a couple of dollars.

What are you going to do when it arrives and doesn't work or it malfunctions the first time you use it?

I think I would do some research about customer service and product quality before I would order from Hobby Krap.

Frank
Old 05-19-2013, 12:58 PM
unclecrash

3 to 5 days from USA. Many of the LHS leave you to send the stuff back anyway,mine does so there customer service is no better. My LHS used to be great and send the stuff back if it were bad but they are only after your money and the big sale. I hate to say it but a couple dollars is more like quite a few dollars saved each item depending on what your buying. I myself am not wealthy and a couple dollars goes a long way. My LHS once needed the store painted and I gave him a bid, he had a bum paint it and saved a couple dollars go figure so anytime I can save ( A couple dollars I do) instead of getting it from him. And I was a very good customer till that happened. I now buy high dollar stuff online and if I need a wheel collar to fly tomorrow i go give him the few penny's like he did give to the bum.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Ed

+ 1 ................. Hobby King USA !
Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 AM
james04k

It is up to the distance, i can't tell maximum limit but mostly it reached in 15 days but it can take few more days.