Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best turbine, best service?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best turbine, best service?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best turbine, best service?

ORIGINAL: basimpsn

ORIGINAL: dubd

99% of flameout cause by faulty setup.

By the way KINGTECH ALL THE WAY

My Opinion
I've only had two flameouts out of thousands of flights. First was caused by an air leak while flying a JetCat engine, the second flameout was from a fuel pump failure when flying a Kingtech engine. I take responsibility for the first flameout, but not the second.
I think that's no fault of the turbine itself I could be wrong but isn't the fuel pump or the battery considered 3rd party equipment..meaning Jetcat, Jetcentral or Evo use the same fuel pump? (Real question..not trying to be a smartA@# )
Not blaming the turbine, but when you damage a plane because of a faulty part included with the engine it's hard not to be weary with everything that came in the box. I've had other mechanical issues with my Kingtech engines, but they were minor... meaning the problems affected me on the ground, but not in the air. With that said, I think Dirk at Kingtech does a great job and he is a pleasure to work with.

Edit: My K-180G is no longer for sale. I found a new airframe for it.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:04 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not blaming the turbine, but when you damage a plane because of a faulty part included with the engine it's hard not to be weary with everything that came in the box. I've had other mechanical issues with my Kingtech engines, but they were minor... meaning the problems affected me on the ground, but not in the air. With that said, I think Dirk at Kingtech does a great job and he is a pleasure to work with.

For all you Kingtech fans, I have a NIB K-180G I'll sell for a loss as I no longer want it. PM if you're interested.
I hear you man I felt the same way about JETCENTRAL [:@]
Over the the years flying model jets, I found what I consider a major problem with these engines... Another see it as no porblem or vice versa. So at the end of the day if we have peace of mind while flying and we both take home our enjoyment in one piece its a good day
Old 03-22-2013, 03:13 PM
dubd

For all you Kingtech fans, I have a NIB K-180G I'll sell for a loss as I no longer want it. PM if you're interested.
Over the the years flying model jets, I found what I consider a major problem with these engines... Another see it as no porblem or vice versa. So at the end of the day if we have peace of mind while flying and we both take home our enjoyment in one piece its a good day
Well said! I haven't tried a Jet Central engine yet... was considering Cheetahs for a twin, but opted for more Jetcats.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:00 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Got me really wondering here!!
Scott
Old 03-22-2013, 04:13 PM
ricardinho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 PM
GhostRider 1

I have a Kingtech K-100G in a Tornadothat is running flawless on diesel. ThePOWER and THROTTLERESPONSE is off the hook and will push a 21lb Tornado out of site if you let it!!I haven't measured the thrust, but I think mine puts out more than the 22lbs thatit is rated at. The set up is soooo easy also, plug and fly!!I haven't had the need for service yet,so no comment on that.

Member of the Kingtech POMPOMSquad,I guess.....
Old 03-22-2013, 07:38 PM
airwolf81
My Feedback: (12)

To me customer service is very important. I have Jetcat and Wren Turbines. they both great engines but Wren customer service and turn around time is way better than Jetcats.. i will buy a Jet central turbine in the future ;-)
Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: airwolf81

To me customer service is very important. I have Jetcat and Wren Turbines. they both great engines but Wren customer service and turn around time is way better than Jetcats.. i will buy a Jet central turbine in the future ;-)

I wonder howtheJetcat service That Carlos at RTI offers compairs for turn around time?
Old 03-23-2013, 02:17 AM
airwolf81

ORIGINAL: ira d

ORIGINAL: airwolf81

I wonder how the Jetcat service That Carlos at RTI offers compairs for turn around time?
Right now i have a Jetcat P-70 with 2H 40M 40Sec right now i have not used it but i have been trying to get ahold of jetcat and there answer all the time but i cant catch the tech that could help me because he was never there. after 2 weeks of trying finally i got the answers i was looking for.
With Ron Ballard at Wren turbines USA i have had no problems at all got all the info and took 4 days for me to receive my turbine once he go it in the mail and then to my hands. I like Jetcat and Wren turbines but right now im considering selling my Jetcat P-70 and buying a Wren Turbine just because of the customer service..

Old 03-23-2013, 02:31 AM
ricardinho

Anytime that i have ever needed service for jetcat was fast...week at tops...i have always got any answer that i needed.. really not much technical problems because they just start up and run and run and run...scott and bob have always treated me very fair...i am a buisness owner and i KNOW you cant make everybody happy...you have to go where it makes you happy...
Old 03-23-2013, 03:10 AM
airwolf81

agreed
Old 03-23-2013, 03:28 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

I've always been able to get a quick response from Jet Central, Rabbit 100 would fit your bill. Jetcat service and support is good too if you're lucky enough to get Bob Wilcox on the phone, sometimes it takes a few tries but, he has always had the answer. P-100 from him.

MIke
This is why I got rid of my JetCat engines! IMHO....Scott is useless there, and messed up the rigging of my 120sx and I had to send it back a couple times, until Bob got involved. I am now flying Evo160vx from SinCity Jets, but they don't make one small enough for the size you need for the Panther. Kero start is the only way to go now. A lot of guys' are going to Jet Central here in Florida, but that is because Eric lives here too. Never had any experience with Wren, but believe in the German engines.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: ricardinho

Anytime that i have ever needed service for jetcat was fast...week at tops...i have always got any answer that i needed.. really not much technical problems because they just start up and run and run and run...scott and bob have always treated me very fair...i am a buisness owner and i KNOW you cant make everybody happy...you have to go where it makes you happy...
You must have the BATphone to Bob then. The rest of us mere mortals have to try 1/2 dozen times to get him, occasionally, you get lucky and catch him right away ....to speak to the rest of the crew is useless. Mine didn't just "start up and run and run " either. The last repair I had, my P-120SX, I had to call Scott 3 times to try to get him to ship the damn thing back because it was repaired yet, sat on their shipping table for almost 2 weeks! Finally got ahold of Bob and got it moving.

The engines are fine, probably as good, maybe better than anyone elses but, there's no arguing that the service doesn't hold a candle to almost any other manufacturer out there.

Another point related to customer service that no one has mentioned : the website is horribly outdated and they don't respond to email. Two taboo's in this day and age.

Yet another customer service point, they don't even have a guy in this forum looking after things. The other manufacturers all do. The jetcat forum is the only one unmonitored by anyone at Jetcat. Mr. Matt was doing it but, he's not a Jetcat employee! But alas, I guess none of this is necessary because they "just start and run and run and run" ......a quick peek at the forum BTW, will tell you otherwise

Mike

Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 AM
josecilurzo

aLL TURBINES in USA, are good engines, because all had absolutely FANTASTIC service, BARRY, RON, ERIC, CARLOS, TODD are great guys and seller, with great service.
I bought and buy from all, and, my sadness is not their neighbor.... to have their maintenance services...
Well, i have in Brazil an GREAT SERVICE from FERNANDO ( JETCAT DEALER ), because that, my turbines are JETCAT.
I had WREN, RTI too, and, when i need parts the guys above are my sellers!!!!

JOSE
Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 PM
ricardinho

mike what was it a faulty internal ignitor..i had one go up the first 1 hour on my 120sx...bob repaired it so it would never happen again...i eneded up putting 8 hours on that motor trouble free then sold it...the new rx engines are just awesome....yeah i guess i have been lucky getting him...i like scott hes fun just to shoot the **** too...i found in this hobby not to be in a big hurry with anything...lots of disapointments...pat
Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 PM
luv2flyrc

mike what was it a faulty internal ignitor..i had one go up the first 1 hour on my 120sx...bob repaired it so it would never happen again...i eneded up putting 8 hours on that motor trouble free then sold it...the new rx engines are just awesome....yeah i guess i have been lucky getting him...i like scott hes fun just to shoot the **** too...i found in this hobby not to be in a big hurry with anything...lots of disapointments...pat
Hi Pat,

Yes, it was the internal igniter, mine lasted about 3 hrs, has been good since it was fixed. Appologies for the sarcasim in my first post but, I've been a bit frustrated in the past with their service.

Mike

Old 03-23-2013, 04:52 PM
ricardinho

hey no problem...i had a new p70 i had to send back 4 times because of a starter oring...the tech couldnt get it right and it kept sticking and burning up o rings...finally got it right..could get mad because bob is to nice to get mad at..lol...hang in there..they are a great company
Old 03-24-2013, 05:52 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YEP +1110
Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 AM
RAPPTOR

YEP. GOOD PRODUCTS DONT NEED GOOD SERVICE REPS..
Old 03-24-2013, 06:00 AM
RAPPTOR

[X(] LOTS OF WOW IN HERE..JUST BECAUSE YOU SELL A PRODUCT, DOES NOT MAKE IT THE BEST.. BEST" SERVICE" IS NOT A GOOD TRAIT.. LOTS OF GOOD STUFF OUT THERE.. PRICE, SERVICE ,SPECS, ALL HELP TO DECIDE PURCHASE.. IN THE THE SMALL CLASS TURBINES WREN IS A GOOD CHOICE..
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 AM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

Ah yes, the emotional testimonies of grown men! Sit back and watch capitalism work. People buy what keeps them flying. Loyalty to brands is only skin deep in this hobby, as it should be. Any college freshman economics class could do a case study on this forum and confirm that indeed the masses are *****e$. Let a company's customer service slip or a new technological advancement or as of late, heavy discounts; and the sheep will jump ship. Everyone just chill and smoke what ya got - it's ok if someone likes a different brand then you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62041.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1865894  
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: josecilurzo

aLL TURBINES in USA, are good engines, because all had absolutely FANTASTIC service, BARRY, RON, ERIC, CARLOS, TODD are great guys and seller, with great service.
I bought and buy from all, and, my sadness is not their neighbor.... to have their maintenance services...
Well, i have in Brazil an GREAT SERVICE from FERNANDO ( JETCAT DEALER ), because that, my turbines are JETCAT.
I had WREN, RTI too, and, when i need parts the guys above are my sellers!!!!

JOSE
Gee? Why did you leave JetCat and Bob/Scott out in the USA? You covered everyone else? I have owned 3 JetCats, and personally will never own another one, unless something changes in their service and warranties.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:28 AM
luv2flyrc

i had a new p70 i had to send back 4 times because of a starter oring...the tech couldnt get it right and it kept sticking and burning up o rings...finally got it right..could get mad because bob is to nice to get mad at..lol...
Why is it that it's taboo to report anything negative with Jetcat? People come on here and claim they don't need service, they just run and run so, the newbs jump in and buy Jetcat. I did when I was a jet newb.

Then you find out that tthe same people have sent the same engine back four times for service before it's fixed right....in this case , a simple o-ring. In my case I had a P-80SE disintigrate twice but, was told by Jetcat that I'm the only one and it's the most reliable engine they've ever made. (yeah right)

Many other's on here have had failures and crap service but, continue to extol the Jetcat virtures & the myth that they are trouble free. So, why all the hush hush? Honest question.

Mike

Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 AM
ricardinho

Mike I have been using turbines for 6 years so I think that puts me far from a newbie ....there high performance engines and they will break...if you ever had race boats or cars you will know that...I like jetcat..its what works for me...I like the guys there....I don't care if there are problems...its part of the hobby....we are in the high end of the hobby that has many problems..its fun....can't hate a company just because a problem accurs or they don't jump to your every call...I don't meen any arogance buy my post here so don't take thiis wrong
Old 03-24-2013, 08:51 AM
ricardinho

I hope we can keep this thread kind....I am in no way bashing anyone ....I do respect peoples likes. I will not post any negative about any companies...I do have my strong dislikes forwards some but will not mention it....I just don't buy there engines...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.