Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 05:30 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

For those interested, I just received the new Adapter for Futaba FASST with USA region code. I bought a brand new 12Z to use it in. Unfortunately it does NOT work!

Although the radio recognises the adapter and connects to the receiver fine, the servos jump and twitch indiscriminately. Interestingly, it is not some sort of RF glitch as you can watch in Giga Control and see that the servo's are actually "being" commanded by the module to move in this manner while the radio sits there idle.

I cannot believe that this would get out of production and ship without someone realizing it doesn't work! Was it never hooked up to a receiver and servo's for testing?

I have an email and video into Jens at Wea showing them what is happening but have yet to hear back.

Mike
An update for those interested in using Wea with Futaba USA stateside. I posted earlier that my new 12Z would not work with the new Wea Adapter FASST USA. What I have since discovered is that that the adapter is designed for the 14mz only. Even though the 12FG/ 12Z and 14MZ share the same Futaba module, the Wea adapter is only for the 14MZ. I tested it in a friends 14MZ transmitter and it works perfectly. I have ordered the Wea T-12 adapter to be used in my 12Z however; it is only available with the Euro region code so, it will be necessary to change the transmitters region code to get it to work.

Wea offered to program an adapter to work with my 12Z in USA mode if I would send them the transmitter to work with but, I declined as it was costly and time consuming to send the radio to Germany. Will be more efficient for me to just change the region code myself.

Mike

Old 01-29-2013, 06:01 PM
luv2flyrc

Has anyone successfully sent an item back to Wea for repair? If so, did you get prior authorization and to whom did you send it?

I got too heavy handed while removing the antennae on my 12-22r Gyro 3 and damaged the SMA receptacle that is attached to the board. Be warned, the antennae should only be put on hand tight. I must have overtightened it back when I installed it and needed to use a small wrench to unscrew it. Well, the receptacle gave out before the thrread "cracked" and now I need a receptacle.

I really wasn't very ham fisted, it is a surprisingly fragile piece.

Mike
My 12-22R Gyro 3 is back and fully repaired Wea took only a couple of days to repair it after it was finally received by them.

Be warned; Before sending anything to Germany, research what paperwork needs to be included. My receiver was held by German customs for over 3 weeks because I did not include an official Proforma invoice stating the contents and purpose of the shipment. The common export docs used in Canada/USA shipping declared the contents and purpose but, did not satisfy German officials. This caused a big delay in release and meant that poor Jens had to fill out paperwork and file docs to eventually get my receiver released. I thank him for his efforts.

I've also ordered the new Patch antennae for the 12-22R to try this season.

Mike

Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 AM
tms-ger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First Screenshot of the new WEA TX "BAT60":

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

best regards

Tom

Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
luv2flyrc

Thanks Tom, looks very nice!

Were you at the show? Wondering if you had a chance to "feel" the transmitter and what your impression is?

Regards,

Mike

Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 AM
tms-ger

Hi Mike,

just took that out of the german RCN Forum. I haven´t been at the fair. But the guys who were there said, that they were totally impressed of the things that were shown there.

Price is 1.699,- EUR for the BAT60 which I think is not too much compared to the competitors and keeping in mind that WEA uses a whole new concept for programming and so on which needs a complete new TX design from bottom up.

The display unit runs LINUX, the control unit, which runs completely independed from the display unit once it has gathered its data runs a realtime kernel. I do not know it this is a hardened LINUX kernel or something proprietary... So if the displayunit traps, you can go on controling your airplane with no interruption while display unit reboots.

The TX display unit has a browser interface, so you can program the TX through every supported web browser, thus allowing to use an ipad or android device for this, along with notebooks of course. This is done through WLAN. While WLAN is active on the TX, you can not radio-control a model for safety reasons.

UMTS will be available by attaching an USB-UMTS dongle; the planned gyros will not be fitted this time, maybe in a later version.

The LiPo last for 5h continious operation time. Charging can be done at ANY time by suppling a voltage of 10 to 20 volts to the TX, even while flying. The charging circuit is integrated into the TX. You just have to supply the power in the given voltage range.

best regards

Thomas

Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Lance Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick question... I've read about the gyro's before.. what relevance are they on a transmitter?

Thanks,
Lance
Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 AM
tms-ger

Lance,

i guess that this is for ment for special application, ie control of a flight device via turning the TX (like a PS3 controller).

This can be useful if you, for example, want to control a drone or something like that. This would be for persons who are no modelpilots but have to control such objects. Maybe the will be a "military" edition (incl. software) one day for selected customers like security companies etc.... just a thought... Just keep in mind that WEA takes also great care of beeing compatible with FPV equipment and also already offer antennas for 2.4 and 5 GHZ operation. FPV would be a key in security applications like drones for video observation.

regards

tom
Old 02-05-2013, 08:22 AM
peter.stegemann

ORIGINAL: tms-ger
i guess that this is for ment for special application, ie control of a flight device via turning the TX (like a PS3 controller).
I've tried this with my remote control, didn't find it very useful. IMO, the stick is easier and more exact.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
tms-ger

Hallo Peter,

maybe they, WEA, came to the same conclusion in the meantime... maybe they are willing to have this option in the backhand if a customers never the less wants to have it...

best regards

tom
Old 02-05-2013, 12:56 PM
speed is life

Any idea when the new BAT60 transmitter will actually be available?

Even though it has been announced, and shown with a price, it does not appear on the Wea webstore.
Have emailed them but, not surprisingly, I have had no response from Wea......
-Mike
Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 PM
luv2flyrc

ORIGINAL: speed is life

Even though it has been announced, and shown with a price, it does not appear on the Wea webstore.
-Mike
They originally stated "available summer 2013" but, now list "spring 2013"

You can pre-order one by filling out the pre-order registration form that is found on the main page (not the web shop) under Products/transmitters.

Mike

Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM
speed is life

ORIGINAL: speed is life

-Mike
They originally stated "available summer 2013" but, now list "spring 2013"

You can pre-order one by filling out the pre-order registration form that is found on the main page (not the web shop) under Products/transmitters.

Mike
Roger that; I visited with them at JetPower and signed up back then. Last week got a genericpromo email brochure with the newly announced price, just figured that if they announce the price maybe they have a more firm availability date in mind?
Time will tell I guess....
-Mike
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 PM
tms-ger

Hi,

the last dates mentioned were for the Handheld-TX in mid 2013 and for the traytype end of 2013, they will try to catch the christmas business...

best regards

tom
Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 AM
luv2flyrc

Update on my Futaba 12Z transmitter with Weatronic module saga:

After being unsuccessful.as previously mentioned, with the the Weatronic T-14USA adapter and my Futaba 12Z, I decided to try the Weatronic T-12 adapter. I knew that I would have to change the transmitter's region code from USA to get it to recognise the module. What surprized me, is that although I had expected to change it to 03 (Europe), I infact had to change it to 01(Japan) to get the transmitter to see the module.

Unfortunately, I have the same issue with the T-12 as I had with the T-14. The servo's are being randomly commanded to jump and twitch.

My firmware in both DV-4 and Micro 12 receiver is updated to v2.62 and 2.59 respectively. V2.59 is supposed to "cure" servo twitch with Futaba.

I cannot explain the fact that I tried my WEA T-14 USA adapter in a friends MZ-14 and it worked perfectly! The 12z and 14mz (as well as the 12FG) all share the same Futaba module so, I'm really at a loss as to what's going on.

Is there anyone out there who is successfully running a 12z on Weatronic with any Wea FASST adapter? ie. not the old one that uses PPM protocol. If so, I really like to hear from you to discuss your setup.

Wea has offered to program an adapter for my transmitter if I send it to them but, the cost is prohibitive, as sending a transmitter from Canada to Germany is about $200+.

TIA

Mike
Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

There's a new kid in town.......

Larry Jolly seems to have taken over the USA distributorship. He was called in to give help at Wea as he is a friend of the people who own both Grundig and Wea. He says there is a big change of attitude now, (we wait to see if that turns out to be true!) and he got me answers from Wea mighty fast, though not necessarily the answers I wanted to hear!

Anyway, he has taken over at the Wea support forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_482/tt.htm and I have mentioned this thread to him

Harry
Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 AM
speed is life

ORIGINAL: HarryC

There's a new kid in town.......

Larry Jolly seems to have taken over the USA distributorship. He was called in to give help at Wea as he is a friend of the people who own both Grundig and Wea. He says there is a big change of attitude now, (we wait to see if that turns out to be true!) and he got me answers from Wea mighty fast, though not necessarily the answers I wanted to hear!

Anyway, he has taken over at the Wea support forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_482/tt.htm and I have mentioned this thread to him

Harry
nice! Looking forward to actual USA support for Weatronics!

Old 03-12-2013, 05:19 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

News from Wea, reported on their facebook page, Alwin Muller is leaving-

"Personnel changes in our management after many years of good cooperation leaves the previous Creativ Manager Alwin Müller April 01 the company. We regret the loss, Mr. Miller wish every success in his future and are pleased that our Mr. Miller is a freelance connected in the future at air shows and events. Following the merger of development, marketing, sales and service to our headquarters to Wildau near Berlin will in future also controlled the former duties of Mr. Miller from there. taking this step now, all powers of the Company at the Center for Aerospace in Wildau focuses. Good basis for our own goals this year. During the summer, we present our first transmitter and winter follows the transmitter tray. These new products will be equipped with all the latest technological features of today. Based on the philosophy of quality and reliability of the late founder of weatronic Mr. Axel Westphal."
Old 03-12-2013, 09:15 AM
ajs56a

ORIGINAL: HarryC

News from Wea, reported on their facebook page, Alwin Muller is leaving-

''Personnel changes in our management after many years of good cooperation leaves the previous Creativ Manager Alwin Müller April 01 the company.
Yes, it is at least strange and a little frightening what's happening at Weatronic, also because no more comments comes from the USA distributor Larry Jolly.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 AM
ktmraupe

Hi Arnout,

look at post 18 in the WEA-Support Thread. Larry is still there but very busy at the moment...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...anchor/tm.htm#

Best regards
Martin
Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 AM
ajs56a

ORIGINAL: ktmraupe

Hi Arnout,

look at post 18 in the WEA-Support Thread. Larry is still there but very busy at the moment...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...anchor/tm.htm#

Best regards
Martin
OK Martin GREAT, I am happy for the USA customer.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 AM
tms-ger

...see some new exciting screenshots of the new BAT60 TX Display here:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=1#post3069925

best regards

Tom
Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 PM
zl1wn

Hi all,
I note that Weatronic on their website, show a picture of a app for an Android smart phone.
Has anyone seen the details of the app, or is this like the promises for English voice.??

Regards
Ross
Old 03-24-2013, 11:57 AM
tms-ger

Hi Ross,

you can donwload the lastest Beta-Version here:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=1#post2969847

also, see my post here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11239319/tm.htm

I am using the different Beta-Versions of the WEA APP right from the start. Workes fine!

regards

tom
Old 03-24-2013, 08:22 PM
zl1wn

Thanks,
Yes that app works well. But it is not the same as the app that Weatronic show on their website which
appears to have analog meters etc.
It would seem that that app is non-existent, or like the English voice, promise after promise, but will never be delivered.

Regards
Ross
Old 03-25-2013, 01:20 AM
tms-ger

Hi Ross,

i am convinced that the english version will come in the near future. As you can see with the new TX, the menus etc. are all made in int. english ...

But they have to focus on the TX this time, they are too small to do all the tasks at one time.

tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.