Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HobbyKing UK

Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Air Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyKing UK

Hi All,Has anyone ordered products from the HobbyKing website which show as being shipped from the UK warehouse. I started to order three Lipos and a battery charger all listed as UK but when it came to the shipping is showed as SCS to UK (believe this is UPS) for the sum of £31.00 P&P. This makes me think that they are not shipped within the UK in which case could be subject to a number of additional charges making the items very expensive. Tried to find a solution via the live chat with HobbyKing but could not get a true answer to the problem.Regards,Paul
Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 727 Likes on 523 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing UK

Its a whole can or worms!
I know people who have, and luckily for UK model businesses like my own they said they would never deal with them again...Oh chargers, I have heard stories about them arriving with US 2 pin flat plugs!

Dw
Old 03-27-2013, 12:00 PM
jetmodeller

ORIGINAL: Air Works

Hi All,Has anyone ordered products from the HobbyKing website which show as being shipped from the UK warehouse. I started to order three Lipos and a battery charger all listed as UK but when it came to the shipping is showed as SCS to UK (believe this is UPS) for the ridiculous sum of £31.00 P&P. This makes me think that they are not shipped within the UK in which case could be subject to a number of additional charges making the items very expensive. Tried to find a solution via the live chat with HobbyKing but could not get a true answer to the problem.Regards,Paul
Had the same problem,thought that I was ordering from uk warehouse but product came from china
Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Jetmodeljones
Banned

Toorder from the UK warehouseclick the tabon the leftto give UK warehouse. All goods ordered frome theUK come from the UK warehouse. You can also collect if you live near enough
Old 03-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Chris Pyrah

Paul,I have ordered parts many times from Hobbyking UK Hobbyking Germany and Hong Kong.if you order from the uk warehouse then postage selection will be parcelforce or royal mail with the price and type of service you wish to choose.likewise if you order from Germany you will see the options on the postal list as GLS courier etc , its your choice which service you want to pay for. I have never had a problem with ordering from the UK warehouse.I have had models delivered next day and very reasonable post charges usually £6 or £7 for a model. you must click the correct warehouse country you want to order from on your login page on the top left before you start filling the basket.(its a good idea to check the stock level too before trying to order)sometimes things like lipos are not in stock in the UK but they have them in Germany its a bit dearer but you will get them in a few days.If its parts I can wait for, I will order from hong kong as its the cheapest method ,so long as you fill in the customs declaration value for no more than $35 ,Just take a bit of time and carefully read the postage options list you will be Ok then.hope this helpsChris
Old 03-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Air Works

Thanks for the info. Will try the left column location selection was previously using the right column UK Warehouse selection.Regards,Paul
Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Andrew Bailey

Like the guys said. Make sure that you have selected the UK warehouse on the left, place your order and two to three days later they will be in your hands. Best shipping option seems to be Parcelforce 48.

I have bought lots of batteries and other accessories from Hobbyking, both in the UK and from the German warehouse and Hong Kong. Never had a problem with them. They keep you fully informed of the order/packing/shipping process and you can log in and see every order you have ever placed with them.

In my view you don't want to listen too much to some of USA guys who have a major hate thing going on over Hobbyking (some of them without ever having bought from them) just reach your own conclusions. That having been said, I don't think I would ever order an expensive airframe from them.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chris Pyrah

Paul,I have ordered parts many times from Hobbyking UK Hobbyking Germany and Hong Kong.................
....................I will order from hong kong as its the cheapest method ,so long as you fill in the customs declaration value for no more than $35 ,Just take a bit of time and carefully read the postage options list you will be Ok then.hope this helpsChris

So If I order $300.00 worth of stuff, I just lie on the customs form and claim that it is only worth $34.95 and I don't have to pay import fees or value added tax?

What if it gets lost in the mail, or stolen or damaged? Can I collect the whole $300.00 or am I stuck with just getting $34.95.

Seems underhanded to me, almost like being a criminal. I guess to save money by ordering from Hobby Krap, you have to be a criminal.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:27 AM
Andrew Bailey

ORIGINAL: countilaw

So If I order $300.00 worth of stuff, I just lie on the customs form and claim that it is only worth $34.95 and I don't have to pay import fees or value added tax?

What if it gets lost in the mail, or stolen or damaged? Can I collect the whole $300.00 or am I stuck with just getting $34.95.

Seems underhanded to me, almost like being a criminal. I guess to save money by ordering from Hobby Krap, you have to be a criminal.
You rather reinforce my point I think. So, exactly how many times have you ordered from HK Countilaw, and what has your experience been?