Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14sg bugs and suggestions

Old 02-28-2013, 11:31 AM
velocity90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14sg bugs and suggestions

Hello,

Im liking my new 14sg radio but it has some bugs I would like to report:

I just bought a 14sg and updated to the 1.4 firmware. I found some problems with it. Look at the video below. I was changing the names and suddenly it completely hangs. Also the names are wrong. It are exported models from my T8fg but it are heli models. The names are not right. Should be normal/idle1/idle2/idle3/hold.

When I make a new model the names are correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lQR...e_gdata_player

Here's another hang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW9x...e_gdata_player

-Also on the T8 when holding s1 It will go to the flight screen. Acorrding to the manual It still should but it doesnt work. The exit key does this but the S1 should also.

-Also still theres no option do disable the Trim switches (not used in FBL heli) I can turn the values off but it will still shift onscreen from 0 to xx

-Also please return the User menu under the S1 key to make it more former T8 user friendly. The s1 key has no other function in the mainscreen so this shouldnt be a problem.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 14sg bugs and suggestions

We've passed this information to Futaba. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:36 AM
FTIR
My Feedback: (1)

Just bought a new 14sg and while I was setting the dual rates and I got this message "turn off the radio" It was locked up, what is that all about?
Love the radio so far. Hope this is not a serious problem.
FTIR
Old 03-11-2013, 12:39 PM
velocity90

I asked futaba on there facebook why they dont reply. They said that it usually takes 2 days. It has been 2 weeks since my email to them and also the message here. Heard nothing yet.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Bax

Your message was passed to Futaba, in Japan. They will reply if they so choose. The difficulties with names has been sent to them, and they will be working on an update. Other difficulties or suggestions are under consideration by them. We'll know what they decide to do when it gets done.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 AM
velocity90

I hope they understand that im grounded until then and cant practice.I dont trust it since it did hang twice.Sorry to hear futaba support is still bad. Shame since they make beautifull products.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:45 AM
FTIR

And my problem?
FTIR[&o]
Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Bax

ORIGINAL: velocity90

I hope they understand that im grounded until then[img][/img] and cant practice.I dont trust it since it did hang twice.Sorry to hear futaba support is still bad. Shame since they make beautifull products.
We know of no problem that prohibits the safe operation of a model. If you create a completely-new model, the condition names all register correctly. The difficulty happens only when you copy a model from the 8FG to the 14SG.

You can disable the trim switches by changing the trim selection in the Function section of the Linkage Menu by nulling-out the trim selection. Then, you'll have no control selected for trim on the channels where you deselect them.

The S1 to the home screen has been reported to Futaba.

We don't know of a difficulty that would render the unit unsafe.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Bax

ORIGINAL: FTIR

Just bought a new 14sg and while I was setting the dual rates and I got this message ''turn off the radio'' It was locked up, what is that all about?
Love the radio so far. Hope this is not a serious problem.
FTIR
We do not know what this is. We cannot get a similar failure on our unit here. If you see it again, send it to the service center.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM
velocity90

I know how to disable the trims but when you touch them in the mainscreen they still move (I also know that they dont affect anything) its just not very nice and a very easy thing to add to the futaba. We also requested this on the t8fg. Im glad the LD and RD knobs are disabled in helimode in a new model.Also a request even by hobbico.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Bax

ORIGINAL: velocity90

I hope they understand that im grounded until then[img][/img] and cant practice.I dont trust it since it did hang twice.Sorry to hear futaba support is still bad. Shame since they make beautifull products.
We know of no problem that prohibits the safe operation of a model. If you create a completely-new model, the condition names all register correctly. The difficulty happens only when you copy a model from the 8FG to the 14SG.

You can disable the trim switches by changing the trim selection in the Function section of the Linkage Menu by nulling-out the trim selection. Then, you'll have no control selected for trim on the channels where you deselect them.

The S1 to the home screen has been reported to Futaba.

We don't know of a difficulty that would render the unit unsafe.
Mine developed a loose pot on the elevator in the first few days.. see my post here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11459659

When I selected a new model and made it 2 ailerons.. the channel six was incorrectly centred.. IE it was fully deflected and the servo display screen confirmed this..

I deleted the model, created another and it worked fine, I have not been able to recreate that bug.. but it was definately there once.

One other thing I noticed in the 14Sg is that the gimbals only have 3 screws holding them into the frame even though there should be4 - IE the top inner screw on both gimbals is missing..

Is that intentional? I don't recall my 8FGs being like that, I will double check but would have noticed two missing screws

Old 03-28-2013, 05:55 AM
Bax

We'll pass your concerns to Futaba, in Japan. Thank you.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Rob2160

Deleted..
Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Ucantspel

Bill, After MUCH research I finally switched from S/JR to Futaba, I bought a 14SG, but it has a problem, which is exactly why I switched from S/JR........ here is a copy of my post from HF.....
Futaba 14SG locked up
<hr size="1" style="color: #ffffff" />
Has anyone seen this one before?... Playing with my new 14SG, checking out the different screens, features, etc, less than 1 hour time on this radio, and I'm in the "model" section, looking at the "condition" page, and my radio "locked-up"; no button, dial, switch would work; the screen was lit and never reverted to off after about 10 seconds like it normally does, I had no "auto locks" or "key-lock" on, tried the return button, and the S1 button, but nothong worked.... so after about 10 minutes, I just turned it off, and guess what, with the on/off switch to "off", nothing happened, it just stayed on, with the screen still lit. I finally took the battery out, and it shut off. I put the battery back in and it now appears to work normally..... I'm stumped Of course I don't want to use this radio until it is fixed somehow....... not sure what to do..... Thanks, SM
Old 04-02-2013, 04:03 AM
FTIR

Mine also locked up but has not since that one time. I got this: ''turn off the radio'' It was locked completely, but the power switch worked to turn it off. After a restart it worked fine. I am keeping an eye on it.

FTIR
Old 04-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Bax

If it happened only once, there's no way to determine the cause. If it happens more than once, then it's something that may be able to be tracked down. We'd not know why the transmitter would lock up and then not turn off, but the on/off condition is controlled by software. The power switch really isn't a hard-wired connection between the battery and the circuitry. It tells the hardware that it's time to shut down and then the software goes through the shutdown procedures and turns off the hardware. In your case, the lockup prevented the switch from communicating with the rest of the transmitter. Unplugging the battery pack performed a "hard" reset.

While the transmitter was locked up, did any of the functions cease to operate, or just the interface?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 AM
FTIR

The aircraft controls seemed to work but the interface locked. It would not let me do anything. Are there any combinations of software settings that would cause this? I was in the middle of programming a model. Sorry dont remember what exact screen.

Rick
Old 04-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Bax

Since we've never seen a 14SG transmitter lock up, we have no idea what the cause could be.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:25 AM
FTIR

I will get back to you if I experiance any more problems. I do know in the software logic there must be some logic sequence that calls for that phrase to be displayed. I will keep an eye on it.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
tomsdk

Hello,

On the T14SG, when you switch to timer-screen (big timers) - the model name is not shown.

This is a problem, when you use this screen as default, and have auto-lock on. Then it is quite difficult to double-check just before take-off, that the right model is selected. Actually, the "user name" is displayed on the top screen... but not the model name - what kind of priority is that?

Please, please, fit the model name on Timer Screen also

Best regards,
Thomas
Old 04-18-2013, 01:44 PM
velocity90

Well, still no update.

Meanwhile I found another thing I would like added. A option to change the names of telemetry sensors just like the 18mz. Exspecially handy if you use more than 1 or 2 voltage sensors.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Bax

We'll pass on your suggestions to Futaba, Japan.