Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Digital Camera & Photo Editing
Reload this Page >

What digital camera would you suggest for recording a low budget film?

Community
Search
Notices
Digital Camera & Photo Editing Discuss digital cameras in this forum. Products, comparisons, usage, tips for getting your rc photos on the web. Software photo editing and touch up tips.

What digital camera would you suggest for recording a low budget film?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:35 PM
kitson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What digital camera would you suggest for recording a low budget film?

It's an extremely low budget movie.

I would like to use a digital camera to record it because digital cameras are obviously cheaper and easier to use.

Should I record a movie with a digital camera or would it look to cheap? If I can, what digital camera would you suggest? If you say no to the digital camera idea, what other camera should I use (that's low-priced preferrably)?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:29 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: What digital camera would you suggest for recording a low budget film?

It's hard to say with as little info as you have provided, but I would get a small, HD camcorder. The prices are very affordable nowadays
Old 04-05-2013, 03:40 AM
benlinus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What digital camera would you suggest for recording a low budget film?

The Zoom Q2HD Hand Video Recorder delivers on its promise of excellent audio recording for an affordable price, but its video performance leaves something to be desired.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:27 PM
ferocious

The best film camera for low budget seems to be the Panasonic GH3 or now the GH4. The 4 has 4K video capability and a few other bells and whistles,. The GH3 has been used the last couple year for a number of indy films and low budget films that have made it to the box office.

take a look here:

http://nofilmschool.com/2012/09/watc...-panasonic-gh3
Old 10-20-2017, 04:31 AM
robertmace

Panasonic G7 would do!!
Old 10-21-2017, 01:43 PM
ferocious

Depends mainly on your budget and what kind of results you are looking for. The GH4, now GH5, have been used to produce successful big screen films, using all the ancillary equipment such as tracks, stabilizers, sound equpiment etc.
For really low budget any Panasonic high end prosumer camera from the G5 to the current G85 would do. The newer the better, the older the cheaper.

Panasonic also makes a fairly inexpensive video oriented attached lens camera, the FZ2500. It has features aimed at video and does a pretty good job, even compared to more expensive cameras.

Best to read reviews a sites like cameralabs.com or dpreview.com.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Jomari

Most digital camera can shoot Full HD video, and some can record Ultra HD (4k). They’re also convenient for travel especially if your film requires travelling in different locations. Video quality isn’t usually as good as DSLRs or mirrorless cameras, though top compacts like the Sony RX100 come close. Check the rx100 specs here:
https://www.consumerrunner.com/top-10-best-cameras/
Old 11-28-2017, 11:31 AM
Chosen4

If you are looking cheap but capable camera for video recording and you don't wanna but over 400 euro or about 500 dollar to it, Panasonic DC-FZ82/FZ80 is great option to you. Very decent video quality 1080p and 4K modes, long zoom helping to make great videos too!
Old 01-16-2018, 07:41 AM
MargaretWoodard

I have a similar question. What camera would you recommend to a beginner photographer? Perhaps some of these options should be seen fixthephoto.com/blog/tech-tips/best-camera-for-amateur-photographer.html
Old 02-04-2018, 09:57 AM
tntpooof

i have a few a 1080 tube that i picked up 5 years ago a fake here 4 that i got from amazon for 65$ and one i picked up at a pawn store for 10$ that uses a sd card... good resolution i hardwired it with a single cell li-ion with a deans... has a view screen its a sony not sure of # lasts over 6 hours on.. good 4 races..
Margreet my sister is also aa photo person she has rebel with 3k in it with different lens and all that goes with it..

Last edited by tntpooof; 02-04-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:56 PM
stacysouth

a small hd camcorder