Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Help needed K100G leaking

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 07:20 AM
mun_iz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed K100G leaking

Hi,

I suspect my K100G (serial number 033) is leaking fuel from inside the front cover (inlet). I bought the engine late last year.

I did not notice the leak when I bench run the engine for the first time. I had flown 6 flights with the engine and the leak seemed to be getting worse with each run. Other than the leak, the engine ran flawlessly.

The pictures below were taken after a flight. Engine had been wiped dry before the flight.

The first picture shows fuel on the inside of the inlet cover just in front of the compressor wheel.

Second picture shows a drop of fuel forming on the cover. If I clean off this fuel, new fuel will seep out from under the front cover.

last picture shows how much fuel had leaked onto the bottom hatch of my rookie (as seen from the air intake).

I had checked the fuel inlet and the fuel tubing that is conected to it. The leak does not appear to originate from there as the fuel inlet and conecting tubing is dry to touch.

My question is, am I allowed to open up the front cover and check for leakage without voiding my warranty or should I send the engine back for inspection?

I would prefer to do a self check since that would reduce down time. If I am allowed to do a self check, can instructions be given to remove front cover?

Thanks.

Isaac
Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 AM
mun_iz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help needed K100G leaking

Not sure why... but I am getting an internal server error when trying to load my images. Will try again tomorrow morning.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help needed K100G leaking

email sent! sorry for the trouble Isaac