Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Ordered 3 & 2 came broken

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Eshore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered 3 & 2 came broken

My fam ordered 3 Volcano's Epx Pro brushless trucks and 2 came out the box with right rear hub carriers broken in the same spot. It was a sad day to not be able to ride all of them. They were broken exactly the same in the box. No dealers in the area, and no expedited shipping, just the sit and wait for a response to find out whats gone happen. Boy it was something to look at them. smh
Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ordered 3 & 2 came broken

ORIGINAL: Eshore

My fam ordered 3 Volcano's Epx Pro brushless trucks and 2 came out the box with right rear hub carriers broken in the same spot. It was a sad day to not be able to ride all of them. They were broken exactly the same in the box. No dealers in the area, and no expedited shipping, just the sit and wait for a response to find out whats gone happen. Boy it was something to look at them. smh
Make sure you file a warranty claim on their website. I would send pics of the vehicles in their un-used, new in the box condition. I've found Redcat to be very reasonable with their warranty. Even though those parts are not typically covered, i would think under the circumstances that they will ship you new ones. I would suggest one thing though, you can probably find those parts on eBay pretty inexpensive. If you order them tonight they'll probably be in your mailbox by Tuesday and if Redcat warranties them you can just keep those as back up parts.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Eshore

Yeah hope they get it right. I've heard good from alot of folks, and also heard others say different. Just a bummer to buy something and its broke, but to buy a few and get only one in good condition killed the weekend mood to have a nice time.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:25 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah hope they get it right. I've heard good from alot of folks, and also heard others say different. Just a bummer to buy something and its broke, but to buy a few and get only one in good condition killed the weekend mood to have a nice time.
Id call redcat. I usually get faster responce that way.
when you call the number on the site, it gives you options for dept....dial #2.

They may have gotten a bad run from the mfg.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Eshore

ok
Old 04-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Eshore

Big Thanks to Dan Sloan for reading my post and he helped make my tech support experience great. Redcat told me they would expedite my parts and was good about it. Gave me the tracking number already!

I support Redcat,
                         Eshore
Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big Thanks to Dan Sloan for reading my post and he helped make my tech support experience great. Redcat told me they would expedite my parts and was good about it. Gave me the tracking number already!

I support Redcat,
Eshore
That's good to hear. This is the customer service I've seen from Redcat, your really can't expect a company to do any more than this.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Eshore

So true, Man they were on it fast! I couldn't argue with them.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 PM
masterhacker1989

Redcat sent me a new center diff gears, and new front/rear diff gears when i stripped out the front diff in my earthquake 8e, so i cant complaim about them.

speaking of rc's coming broken, hpi had a issue with that for a while back when i worked at a hobby store, I saw plenty of broke crap right out the box
Old 04-11-2013, 03:45 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: masterhacker1989

Redcat sent me a new center diff gears, and new front/rear diff gears when i stripped out the front diff in my earthquake 8e, so i cant complaim about them.

speaking of rc's coming broken, hpi had a issue with that for a while back when i worked at a hobby store, I saw plenty of broke crap right out the box
and this is one big difference between redcat and the big name brands....most of the big name brands are sold via a hobby shop. Thus, they can be checked before a customer takes them home.
A good portion of Redcat products are dropshipped....or sold threw an online dealer. That means if you get a defective item, you have to wait for redcat or the seller you bought it from to send a replacement...verses going down to the hobby shop and having them give you a replacement as would be the case with a traxxas/hpi ect.

On the one hand I wish Redcat has a guy to check all models before they leave the warehouse...but that would be a full time job and slow down the fullfillment of orders. Its just not practical to unbox, check the model, power it up and check function, re-package and then do it again several hundred times a day.

But it is nice to hear some honest people point out that this doesnt just happen with redcat's. Any company producing a rc product can have a "bad run" or a quality control issue. For the hubs the OP got to be broken in the box, they must have had an issue with the plastic used or the machine that molds them not working right.

At any rate, how cool is it that the upper guys working at redcat READ the stuff we (their customers) say here?! I mean, when you can get the ear of the guys in charge by calling or by speaking out in a forum, it makes you feel like they care. Dan doesnt get paid extra to read threw RCU forums...LOL. It just shows me these guys do care about customer satisfaction, as well as improving their brand.