Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RCU is really starting to suck

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RCU is really starting to suck

Old 04-05-2013, 02:52 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RCU is really starting to suck

Here of late the 500 crap is really starting to suck. If it were not for having so many forum friends on here I would leave.

RCU get your **** together!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCU is really starting to suck

Happening here again tonight when accessing my profile.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

Session is invalid

The error occurred in D:\RCU\Application.cfm: line 18
<pre>16 : setdomaincookies="yes"17 : 18 : sessiontimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,40,0)#">19 : <cfif IsDefined("session.CFID") and IsDefined("session.CFTOKEN")>20 : <cfif NOT IsDefined("cookie.cfid") OR NOT IsDefined("cookie.cftoken") OR (isDefined("session.CFToken") and cookie.cftoken IS NOT session.CFToken)></pre>
<hr noshade="noshade" color="#C0C0C0" />
Resources:
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0 SeaMonkey/2.16
Remote Address 173.86.9.208
Referrer http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/editprofile.asp
Date/Time 05-Apr-13 04:36 PM
Stack Trace
at cfApplication2ecfm487598240.runPage(D:\RCU\Applica tion.cfm:18)

<pre>java.lang.IllegalStateException: Session is invalid at jrun.servlet.session.JRunSession.checkSessionValid ity(JRunSession.java:397) at jrun.servlet.session.JRunSession.get*****activeInt erval(JRunSession.java:111) at coldfusion.runtime.J2eeSessionScope.Set*****active Interval(J2eeSessionScope.java:96) at coldfusion.runtime.AppHelper.setupJ2eeSessionScope (AppHelper.java:582) at coldfusion.runtime.AppHelper.setupSessionScope(App Helper.java:637) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.ApplicationTag.doStartTag(A pplicationTag.java:294) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPag e.java:2722) at cfApplication2ecfm487598240.runPage(D:\RCU\Applica tion.cfm:18) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java :231) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(Inclu deTag.java:416) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(Cfinclude Filter.java:65) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.include(Cfinclud eFilter.java:33) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(Applica tionFilter.java:261) at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(Requ estMonitorFilter.java:48) at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(Monitori ngFilter.java:40) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.jav a:87) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(Exception Filter.java:70) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.inv oke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilt er.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilt er.java:46) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilt er.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(Datasour ceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilt er.java:53) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(Boot strapServlet.java:89) at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java :86) at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.d oFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(Boot strapFilter.java:46) at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java :94) at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java: 101) at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker. java:106) at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvok erChain.java:42) at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequ estDispatcher.java:286) at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(Servlet EngineService.java:543) at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable( JRunProxyService.java:203) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invok eRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRu nnable(ThreadPool.java:428) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeR unnable(ThreadPool.java:266) at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java :66)</pre>

Old 04-05-2013, 04:22 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holly cow! And here I am complaining about a 500error message.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:21 PM
flyinwalenda

Oh that starts out reading 500 error , I just didn't copy it or the 50 lines of code below it ! This has been happening a lot when accessing my profile and usually clears up in a few hours . Who knows ?
<fieldset>

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

</fieldset>
The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

Session is invalid

The error occurred in D:\RCU\Application.cfm: line 18
<pre>16 : setdomaincookies="yes"17 : 18 : sessiontimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,40,0)#">19 : <cfif IsDefined("session.CFID") and IsDefined("session.CFTOKEN")>20 : <cfif NOT IsDefined("cookie.cfid") OR NOT IsDefined("cookie.cftoken") OR (isDefined("session.CFToken") and cookie.cftoken IS NOT session.CFToken)></pre>
<hr noshade="noshade" color="#C0C0C0" />
Resources:
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0 SeaMonkey/2.16

Old 04-05-2013, 06:29 PM
flyinwalenda

Now it's working........again.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:16 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I know that these issues are very frustrating, and believe me when I say that I am suffering through them as well. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm in Toledo for the show and I had a meeting with staff from IB over dinner tonight. While I'm not at liberty to put out all the details I can tell you that relief is coming. The budget has been approved and it's in the works to upgrade RCU to modern and stable software package. IB is hard at working moving RCU to VBulletin. And the nice thing about that is that IB OWNS the VBulletin software package, so nobody is better set to get us up and running on this new platform. The hard part is that because of the size of RCU and what is involved in running this site, moving us to new software isn't something that happens overnight. It is taking a lot of time to properly plan and implement this migration. I have seen the timeframe for the migration and unfortunately it's not something that I can put out quite yet. But I can say that it's going to happen and RCU will be better than it ever was after the move.

I just ask that everybody please hang on with us for a bit longer as we get this move made.

Ken
Old 04-06-2013, 04:15 AM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

I know that these issues are very frustrating, and believe me when I say that I am suffering through them as well. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm in Toledo for the show and I had a meeting with staff from IB over dinner tonight. While I'm not at liberty to put out all the details I can tell you that relief is coming. The budget has been approved and it's in the works to upgrade RCU to modern and stable software package. IB is hard at working moving RCU to VBulletin. And the nice thing about that is that IB OWNS the VBulletin software package, so nobody is better set to get us up and running on this new platform. The hard part is that because of the size of RCU and what is involved in running this site, moving us to new software isn't something that happens overnight. It is taking a lot of time to properly plan and implement this migration. I have seen the timeframe for the migration and unfortunately it's not something that I can put out quite yet. But I can say that it's going to happen and RCU will be better than it ever was after the move.

I just ask that everybody please hang on with us for a bit longer as we get this move made.

Ken
I appreciate the info. I wonder if RCU would consider putting up a post in more visible place. Like a sticky at the top of all the threads like is done on occasional adds.
Like Robert, I have made a few friends here and would hate to leave. Besides the alternative site doesn't really do it for me. But at the same time to state the obvious a nonfunctioning or intermittent site is not very useful either.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:19 AM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see many old threads that I want to read but all the pictures are gone, Is this something that will be fixed? I have spent many hours to post a thread and after returning find that in the early posts the pictures are gone. Will these be restored?
Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I talked to Ken today at the Toledo Show and with those involved with the future of RCU so be patient to see a newer better RCU. One of the new people came from another IB owned RC forum site so both will benefit.
My lips are zipped.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ken
That's nice Ken but we have heard this crappy dangling carrot before. You will notice when the site isn't working properly the ads and pop ups sure do!

It has been suggested in the past, and again here, that RCU put up a sticky explaining the problem/issue...which they never do because they are either too lazy, don't care, or think they don't have to explain to anybody. Instead they have stealth meetings like you attended so insiders can post on a tread, "I know something you don't know so be patient."

I like RCU, have for years, but current owners/managers have to be the lamest bunch of IT and non-communicative nincompoops I have ever encountered. Genuinely poor business!

I'm not holding my breath for a better working site but spending more time elsewhere and notifying advertisers where I see their ads, and it's not RCU.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:50 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It has been suggested in the past, and again here, that RCU put up a sticky explaining the problem/issue...which they never do
Dick, You hit the nail with that post (and got some points too)
As I was reading Ken's post I thought "Gee, it sure would be nice if they let us know when this uber upgrade would take place. So I'm not wasting my time trying to do something on the site then".

I share your optimism.[&:]
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First you need to be able to read the sticky. I have read these promises before
Old 04-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey guys, I'm feeling your pain but the infantry is on its way! I dealt with the same issues more than 6-7 or more years ago when I worked in here as a boating forums Moderator and it hasn't gotten better like I hoped that it would when Internet Brands took over. After meeting the "infantry" yesterday while talking to Ken there will be nothing but changes for the good here. It sure won't be tomorrow but it is coming soon! They know what the problems are and are out to fix them.
Yeah, I haven't been able to upload pictures lately and the links to threads that I've subscribed to aren't working in my e-mail notifications. Some days it's a struggle to get through the site.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

And they are still mum!

As a former Infantryman I take issue with your referral….they appear more like politicians who talk down their nose, if they talk to you at all.

Save the infantry metaphor for people who get the job done, not those who grunt behind the bathroom door.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I am with acerc on this one. I have done numerous build threads on RCU over the last 8 yrs and I am really getting tired of dealing with the issues. Not trying to blow my own horn but I have top 5 hit threads in the kit building, scale and scratch build forums and I think of myself as a worthy contributor to RCU and always willing to help others on here when I can.

With that being said when my current build is finished my next builds will be posted on a different forum and I will notify the manufacturers that I deal with on a regular basis about my move and why. I hope RCU does resolve it's issues for everyone who decides to stick around but I will not get stuck during my next build with a build thread that is not usable due to server issues....... I have given RCU s couple of years to resolve the issue to no avail, I am done.
Have a nice day!!
Anthony
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anthony,

I'm gonna hate to lose you from the Waco Thread. I will not ever post on that other site.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Bill Vargas

ORIGINAL: acerc

Here of late the 500 crap is really starting to suck. If it were not for having so many forum friends on here I would leave.

RCU get your **** together!

Permission to Leave is Authorized

BV
Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 PM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

Mmm, so far so fine. Yet, I did get a 500error message today. I choose to simple move on. Now I can read and post at leisure, so what, as there are far better things in our lives that we can do.

JC
Old 04-08-2013, 04:19 PM
WacoNut

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Anthony,

I'm gonna hate to lose you from the Waco Thread. I will not ever post on that other site.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Hi Bill,
I will continue to support my old threads and visit the Brotherhood but I will not post any new threads here. It will take a long time to prove to me that they have put any effort into resolving the issues.

Later!!
Anthony
Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately, they're dealing with software on a multiple platform website. It's not as easy as saying we will be ready on April 9, 2013. They've had target dates, not ready. They've made new target dates, not ready. They will continue with target dates. It's not a mystery, or a secret, it's software and programming. The bright side after a dismal week (year) is all the ups and downs will stabilize as they clean up and optimize the code to accept proper upgrades to the site; Upgrades that will mean speed, stability and a much better experience all around.

It sounds like rhetoric right? It's an honest answer to a very complex problem and website where untold man hours behind the scenes prepare the site for a great future.

ORIGINAL: vicman

It has been suggested in the past, and again here, that RCU put up a sticky explaining the problem/issue...which they never do
Dick, You hit the nail with that post (and got some points too)
As I was reading Ken's post I thought ''Gee, it sure would be nice if they let us know when this uber upgrade would take place. So I'm not wasting my time trying to do something on the site then''.

I share your optimism.[&:]
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 PM
c210pa18

I'm pretty new here,   are these problems the reason I seldom can see pictures in the posts???     Build threads don't mean much w/o being able to see the posted pictures.    I have no problem with the several other forums that I frequent.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Live Wire

THE SONG AND DANCE GOES ON
Old 04-10-2013, 01:41 PM
legend234

YES and it's a very bad song.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:17 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I am beginning to prefer that those folks "in the know" just not say anything. It is becoming really annoying. I agree with Nathan that this is a software and programming problem. But given the length of time that these problems have been occuring, competent programmers could have built a website from scratch. Maybe it takes longer to fix one than build one from nothing, but years? Come on. These promises have become empty. Perhaps someday it will happen, but what will the membership be then? And why do the other sites not have these problems? Quit promising things that don't happen.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:53 PM
longerbeach

My personal sales is suffering because I cannot upload pictures. I need help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.