Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RCUniverse

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RCUniverse

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: RCUniverse

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Isn't RCJetaddition for like BVM pilots and folks that live in Florida??
Not currently a BVM pilot here, but have owned a couple in the past. I think they call it the World Wide Web for a reason! Just because the web site started here in Florida, and the Jet community here in Florida has come together to support Dustin and his efforts; doesn't mean that the site is only a Florida site. You would have to verify with Dustin, which is probably private info; but I am sure that BVM was one of his first sponcers', since BVM does support the jet community as a whole. Again, just my opinion.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 AM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCFlyerDan

Not currently a BVM pilot here, but have owned a couple in the past. I think they call it the World Wide Web for a reason! Just because the web site started here in Florida, and the Jet community here in Florida has come together to support Dustin and his efforts; doesn't mean that the site is only a Florida site. You would have to verify with Dustin, which is probably private info; but I am sure that BVM was one of his first sponcers', since BVM does support the jet community as a whole. Again, just my opinion.
Fair enough. I created an acoount when it first started but really lost interest soon thereafter. Maybe it will pick up now that RCU has turned to crap!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lil Hoss

MMMMM
Don't no how you say it sucks......
If you ever have a question on RCU some one is always there to help you with a answer..........
If you see someone with a problem, I'm sure you will be willing to help..........
I have bought and sold many models on RCU with good results
I don't ever remember ever paying a subscription to use RCU.
I disagree with your post......... There is a lot of information to be shared here.
If it ''sucks'' There has to be about a million other jet forums to get your information from........ Oh no wait,,,there isn't
If it sucks that bad,,, why are you posting on RCU??????

My 2 cents

Hoss
He's referring to the "500 internal server error" that shows up all the time.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

OK.................
Understandable
I'm not trying to defend RCU but sometimes when a message like that comes up doesn't it mean that it's under maintance??

Hoss
Old 04-09-2013, 09:02 AM
RCFlyerDan

ORIGINAL: RCFlyerDan

Fair enough. I created an acoount when it first started but really lost interest soon thereafter. Maybe it will pick up now that RCU has turned to crap!
Falcon!
I don't know where RCU started, and truly don't care. But, I am sure the locals supported the original owner to help get it going for others' to enjoy. I do agree that there is a lot of valuable info on this site, but the new IT guy hasn't changed the home page picture for more then approx 2 years......they used to feature our pictures there, but now, no longer care, and just are sitting back to collect the advertisement money, and work on the site,when it is failing.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 AM
RCFlyerDan

OK.................
Understandable
I'm not trying to defend RCU but sometimes when a message like that comes up doesn't it mean that it's under maintance??

Hoss
Every other day of every other week? No, it means that the site is becoming over loaded and the IT guy isn't fixing it.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 AM
gunradd

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Also since allot of the threads here are loosing pics now to add to the mess its a better time then ever to leave and go to RCJA. Not to mention you dont need to shrink the photos to upload them. Also its very easy to post on the road with your phone.

I cant post crap on RCU because my pics from my phone are always to high of MB for this crappy site.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 AM
RCFlyerDan

Hum........must be done here?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 AM
t-max97

OK.................
Understandable

Hoss
No, it's not maintenance, If it was under maintenance it would say just that.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: JackD

ORIGINAL: Greg Wright

ORIGINAL: JackD

And hey: Congrats on Toledo!!!!!!!! (i still think is too shiny hahahhaah )
I put 8 flights on mine yesterday. best plane ever

later
Gerardo
Thanks Gerardo,

I actually was able to talk to a guy there as i was putting it together and he was one of the mechanics for this same squadron in Vietnam.
That was one of the questions that i had asked him and he even told me that the finish was pretty close to how the real one was. Yes it might be a little shiny but he said that is how it was from the factory.
Just giving you a hard time Greg I wish I could paint an airplane half as good as you did yours... Congrats again

Gerardo
PS: go fly it!!!!
Ya i know, but it's always nice to run into someone that actually had there hands on the real thing.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:00 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: invertmast

It does not ''suck'' as a information source,

But ever since it was sold, it sure does SUCK as far as working reliability and completely 95% or more of the time like it did when the owner was actually involved in the hobby and cared!

+1

Old 04-09-2013, 01:28 PM
iflircaircraft

I've been helped abundantly through this site and it's Members. I, for one, will stick it out and give RCU a chance.
This site is huge and will take time to transfer everything over.

Tom
Old 04-09-2013, 02:49 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Any idea when this latest 'transition' will be completed?

I agree it blows big-time for the last 5 days: mainly 504 'timeout' errors for me, on  PC and iPhone. 
Thanks to j duncker for the heads-up. However, it would be nice for the site managers to post updates on the homepage to keep all informed. 

While I'm at it, this thread would be best if moved to the Clubhouse. 
Old 04-09-2013, 03:04 PM
paero-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

On Sunday I was unable to ad a picture to my ad. Got a message that someone would reply shortly. It's now Tuesday PM and I have yet to hear a thing. I was about to "pay" to upgrade my status, but now I'm just going to go elsewhere. They even charged me for the ad!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:24 PM
geoardsog5
My Feedback: (31)

some of us chumps actually pay for an upgraded membership status on RCU. The site seems to be as problematic as ever. How long will it take to make things right. Thanking us all for our patience on behalf of RCU management. Regards to all. John R.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:30 PM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RCU seems to be trying to let everyone know what's going on.

I have seen this "sticky' come and go from the very top of several of the forum subject catagories; this is currently running at the top of the "Warbirds and warplanes" catagory:
(Trying to keep my hope up for the last line of the message....RCU has been too good over the years to just be allowed to fade away as another "has been"

All Forums >> RC Warbirds and Warplanes >> Forum Announcements
Forum Announcements

TITLE:
RCU is in the Doghouse 4/9/2013 7:00 PM

This past week in particular, RCU has been plagued with upload errors, down time, slow speeds and more. So why all the problems?

There are several reasons. The most important reason is that IB has been cleaning up and optimizing RCU's code in anticipation of being able to upgrade and serve you with a superior site for years to come.

Everyone's loyalty and patience on RCU is very much appreciated, and your frustrations are shared with myself and the moderators. However, your willingness to help identify, report and resolve the problems as you experience them also serves IB very well in expediting trouble areas in the site as they continue to develop.

The future is getting brighter on RCU and there are some really exciting things on the horizon.

All Forums >> RC Warbirds and Warplanes >> Forum Announcements