Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ALL US Navy Blue Angels 2013 shows cancelled

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ALL US Navy Blue Angels 2013 shows cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ALL US Navy Blue Angels 2013 shows cancelled

Kind of expected it, but it still sucks to finally get word.

All remaining 2013 Blue Angels performances have been cancelled. The squadron will still be practicing and maintaining proficiency in Pensacola, but that's it for now.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ALL US Navy Blue Angels 2013 shows cancelled

Many thanks to the Communist-in-Chief [:@]
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those DEMS in Congress [:@]
Old 04-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

kinda like Hollywood saying they are going to stop making movies to save money....

One thought in defence of the Blues is that removing a very public, and very popular program, may provoke a public outcry sufficient to make the bean-counters reconsider the funding.....I dunno..the idea worked in the 60's....
Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not just the display teams [X(]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22082928
Old 04-09-2013, 03:50 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

ORIGINAL: basimpsn

Those DEMS in Congress [:@]
+1. And 51% + of voters "Thought" it was gonna get better!!! Lmao.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: Meesh

LMAO......
Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dont forget to thank the republicans also.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:07 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO
Glad to see the US Navy is finally taking this money situation to heart . Hopefully our elected officals in Washington will get their S**T together and realize this US does NOT have to be worlds police force . Lets take care of our" wounded warriors" and those US Citizens who need help.
How much have these deployments cost the US in the last 20 years ........... WAY TOO MUCH IN DOLLARS AND LOSS of LIFE ..........BTW ,If I had any say ,I would also remove our troops in Korea ,and all the other Hell holes in the world.
FLAME SUIT ON

Semper Fi
Joe

Old 04-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

IMO
Glad to see the US Navy is finally taking this money situation to heart . Hopefully our elected officals in Washington will get their S**T together and realize this US does NOT have to be worlds police force . Lets take care of our'' wounded warriors'' and those US Citizens who need help.
How much have these deployments cost the US in the last 20 years ........... WAY TOO MUCH IN DOLLARS AND LOSS of LIFE ..........BTW ,If I had any say ,I would also remove our troops in Korea ,and all the other Hell holes in the world.
FLAME SUIT ON

Semper Fi
Joe

WOW.

No flame suit needed. I'm not gonna say too much lest people start to see through my 'liberal' veneer, but suffice it to say you're SPOT ON, Joe. As far as this sequester goes, I look at it like this: Thank GOD my only problem so far is that I can't take my kids to see the BA's this year. Thank Heaven I'm not one of those cancer patients who isn't getting their subsidized treatment this month or one of those lonely old shut-ins who isn't getting their meals-on-wheels. Good thing I can afford to just niggle and gripe about missing military air shows and White House tours (while at the same time complaining about government spending)...

Get a freaking grip, guys. This situation, as stupid and unnecessary as it is, is really hurting a lot of REAL people in REAL ways that are a lot more serious than our precious air shows...
Old 04-09-2013, 05:37 PM
mtnflyer14

Shaun,
You are correct that sequestration has far-reaching, serious impacts; all the government civilians I work with are preparing for 'furloughs', which means from June to September they will only work 32 hours per week - a 20% pay cut. However, this is a jet model airplane forum, hence the focus on jets as opposed to all the other many problems in the world.
Regards,
Gus
PS Will take the F-15 to Phoenix next week and get the maiden done there.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

IMO
Glad to see the US Navy is finally taking this money situation to heart . Hopefully our elected officals in Washington will get their S**T together and realize this US does NOT have to be worlds police force . Lets take care of our'' wounded warriors'' and those US Citizens who need help.
FLAME SUIT ON

Semper Fi
Joe

WOW.

No flame suit needed. I'm not gonna say too much lest people start to see through my 'liberal' veneer, but suffice it to say you're SPOT ON, Joe. As far as this sequester goes, I look at it like this: Thank GOD my only problem so far is that I can't take my kids to see the BA's this year. Thank Heaven I'm not one of those cancer patients who isn't getting their subsidized treatment this month or one of those lonely old shut-ins who isn't getting their meals-on-wheels. Good thing I can afford to just niggle and gripe about missing military air shows and White House tours (while at the same time complaining about government spending)...

Get a freaking grip, guys. This situation, as stupid and unnecessary as it is, is really hurting a lot of REAL people in REAL ways that are a lot more serious than our precious air shows...
I dont care which side of the isle our officals sit on(as long as they are doing an HONEST JOB without any finical gain),We as US Citizens are in DEEPfinical trouble ,we MUST take care of the REAL PEOPLE in the United States . Yes I know there are problems throughout the world,but charity starts at HOME .
Semper Fi
Joe

Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 PM
rcmichael
My Feedback: (21)

We are giving away billions (many) to countries all over the world. They use it up and benefit little, and still hate the USA. Keep the money here and stop denying us some enjoyment from all the many taxes we pay. The political structure in this country pisses away so much money that you could fund the Blue Angels a million times over with the decadent waste by our current administration, and all others as well!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: mtnflyer14

Shaun,
You are correct that sequestration has far-reaching, serious impacts; all the government civilians I work with are preparing for 'furloughs', which means from June to September they will only work 32 hours per week - a 20% pay cut. However, this is a jet model airplane forum, hence the focus on jets as opposed to all the other many problems in the world.
Regards,
Gus
PS Will take the F-15 to Phoenix next week and get the maiden done there.

Sir,

Quite true. I do sometimes wish that the 'focus on jets' was a bit more universally applied around here. Also, I think a little perspective is good from time to time. I'm eager to hear about the maiden.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:54 PM
okdreamin
My Feedback: (9)

How bout Obummer quits taking numerous million dollar vacations. He has taken more vacations than the last 4 presidents combined.   He or his family have been on 4 thus far this year.  But he gives f 16s and abram tanks for free to Egypt.  .   Hmmm   
Old 04-10-2013, 02:12 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can remember when Reagan was pres he was in Calif every mo or so because they used park his flying command post at March AFB
and I would see it there a lot.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Mike06659

It's a shame about the Blues not flying this summer but this is a classic example of "MAKING IT HURT"! This Administration is a disgrace and will continue to be as long as the American Public keeps excepting failure.

Maybe if we could keep Air Force 1 off vacation duty the Blues could fly again. It costs about $180,000 per hour to operate Air Force 1

I LOVE MY BLUES AND THUNDERBIRDS!

Mike
Old 04-10-2013, 02:45 PM
stevekott

It's somebody else's America now. Good thing I'm getting older now and I've earned the right to be a grumpy old man.

I'm just so happy I can fly my model jets with a smile on my face and forget about what they are doing to this country. I just feel sorry for the next generation inheriting an America that is destined to mediocrity. It's hard to be proud of a country who's Commander in Chief's big claim to fame is that he's friends with Beyonce and JayZ.

The Blue Angels and Thunderbirds are a National Treasure. It's such a shame to shut down something that makes Americans proud to be Americans to save a pitance compared to the real money that is wasted and borrowed every second.

Let's burn some Kero !!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:00 PM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

ORIGINAL: okdreamin

How bout Obummer quits taking numerous million dollar vacations. He has taken more vacations than the last 4 presidents combined. He or his family have been on 4 thus far this year. But he gives f 16s and abram tanks for free to Egypt. . Hmmm
Don't forget the big bash the white house just held 4/9/13 justin timbr, queen latifah,etc, thay're partying on our dime while we get sequestered, I don't know what people see in oslama except for color, what got him elected in the first place. I would never slam our Commander in chief, but this so called president in the white house with his debutant wife I have no respect for, nor do I recognize him as president.

BTW when will this so called president visit the troops, yea right, he doesn't even think nor care about them.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Wagon1

The Blues flew twice a year here in town and the amount of revenue the show generated for our community was huge. In an attempt to save money they will be creating a lot of pain for local economies that got a real boost when the Blues would come to town.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How bout Obummer quits taking numerous million dollar vacations. He has taken more vacations than the last 4 presidents combined. He or his family have been on 4 thus far this year. But he gives f 16s and abram tanks for free to Egypt. . Hmmm
Sorry, but this is just beyond ridiculous and borders on deranged stupidity.

First off, no POTUS is EVER really on vacation. Nancy Reagan commented that 'vacation' for a sitting president really just meant a change of scenery, with no change in duty.

Reagan - 484 vacation days in 8 years.
GHW Bush - 543 vacation days in 4 years.
Clinton - 192 vacation days in 8 years.
GW Bush - 879 vacation days in 8 years.
Obama - 128 vacation days to date.

More accurately however, the sequester, and current budget situation falls squarely in the lap of Congress, and is neither a Republican or Democrat issue. It's BOTH their fault. The sequester was something CONGRESS put in place as this 'horrible thing that's so horrible no sitting Congress would dare let happen', but since none of it affects THEM, they let it happen anyway.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:36 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

We need to save our taxes and make sure everyone has a equal chance in life.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:45 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ira d

Dont forget to thank the republicans also.
that comment doesn't surprise me coming from a Californian .
Old 04-10-2013, 03:48 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

Sorry, but this is just beyond ridiculous and borders on deranged stupidity.

First off, no POTUS is EVER really on vacation. Nancy Reagan commented that 'vacation' for a sitting president really just meant a change of scenery, with no change in duty.

Reagan - 484 vacation days in 8 years.
GHW Bush - 543 vacation days in 4 years.
Clinton - 192 vacation days in 8 years.
GW Bush - 879 vacation days in 8 years.
Obama - 128 vacation days to date.

More accurately however, the sequester, and current budget situation falls squarely in the lap of Congress, and is neither a Republican or Democrat issue. It's BOTH their fault. The sequester was something CONGRESS put in place as this 'horrible thing that's so horrible no sitting Congress would dare let happen', but since none of it affects THEM, they let it happen anyway.
don't sit there and spin it . your anointed one is at fault here. he waits over four years to get a budget out and it's still screwed up . O-Blama is a moron
Old 04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Mike06659

No, no it's still Bush fault, lol. I don't understand why Californians are so blind. Heck, their state is bankrupt and they keep voting for more of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.