Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Hitec Aurora 9 keeps reversing channels automatically??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Aurora 9 keeps reversing channels automatically??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 PM
rcpilot1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Aurora 9 keeps reversing channels automatically??

I found that once in a while the rudder channel will be reversed as it was on my Beam E4, or the elevator on my Furion 450,or the elevator on my Beam E4.

has anyone experienced this,and what can i do?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:57 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Aurora 9 keeps reversing channels automatically??

ORIGINAL: rcpilot1982
I found that once in a while the rudder channel will be reversed as it was on my Beam E4,
or the elevator on my Furion 450,or the elevator on my Beam E4.
No recorded similar problem, suggest reload (or update) your firmware to
the current versions as listed under:
. Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use
..(includes Screenshots & Current Firmware Versions for all related Units).
then reset the ID paying particular attention to the distances between Tx &
transceiver/receiver antenna whilst doing so - quick reference.:
. Hitec AFHSS ID-Setup (Bind) Spectra Module V3.01(0), Optima Transceiver 6, 7 & 9ch V2.02(0) & Minima Receivers

In need, refer direct to service centre:
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
[email protected] any time you have a question"
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry FAQ, Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 04-04-2013, 04:56 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I found that once in a while the rudder channel will be reversed as it was on my Beam E4, or the elevator on my Furion 450,or the elevator on my Beam E4.

I had a Fut 8UAF that would reverse the elevator channel every now and then in one particular model. It never did it during use but while at rest and switched off. Never ever found out what was the cause of it but when I switched to using a 2.4 module it never happened again.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

My early A9 started doing this after the first season of use. It was flawless for a whole flying season then during the winter months, it started reversing channels at random. There were some other problems that I no longer remember but the whole issue was documented in the huge A9 thread over on that other F - g forum. This was right in the same time period when the A9's were starting to show a number of problems so I was worried whether I could trust the radio even it I sent it in for repairs. To make the story a short one, I sent it in with a thorough note describing the problems I had seen and Hitec replaced the motherboard. It came back and has been flawless ever since.

So this has happened before and was documented in a public forum. Though I had a problem, Hitec took care of the problem without question, returned the radio quickly and it continues to be one of my favorite radios.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I had a digital servo that would reverse like that one time. It was a bad servo, not the radio system.

Andy
Old 04-09-2013, 04:07 PM
wkevinm

This past weekend I had an airplane that had been flown many times end up with an aileron servo working in reverse. I know I had checked the airplane before leaving for the flying field... but I guess my check was done in haste not expecting reason for a change. One thing that had changed was I had the RX serviced with a firmware update over the winter, and this was the first flight since. I have found (after about 6 RX updates) that some channels have changed direction, but never channel 2 before. I wrote about it in a forum last year and got lambasted by some extraordinary and faultless people instructing me on the finer points of flying RC safe. Embarrassed to say I got caught again, but this was the first time an aileron servo was different, fortunately I did react to the problem and saved the airplane from major damage.

Not sure if Hitec has posted a warning about this but I know it happens.

Lesson; check on the building board and check again before flying.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:51 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: wkevinm
This past weekend I had an airplane that had been flown many times end up with an aileron servo working in reverse. I know I had checked the airplane before leaving for the flying field... but I guess my check was done in haste not expecting reason for a change. One thing that had changed was I had the RX serviced with a firmware update over the winter, and this was the first flight since. I have found (after about 6 RX updates) that some channels have changed direction, but never channel 2 before. I wrote about it in a forum last year and got lambasted by some extraordinary and faultless people instructing me on the finer points of flying RC safe. Embarrassed to say I got caught again, but this was the first time an aileron servo was different, fortunately I did react to the problem and saved the airplane from major damage.
Not sure if Hitec has posted a warning about this but I know it happens.
Lesson; check on the building board and check again before flying.
Yes, there are many reminders to always check each function after any firmware update e.g.
. Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use
..(includes Screenshots & Current Firmware Versions for all related Units).
extract
"2. Check all Model Functions.
Aurora 9 programming is so flexible that no firmware designer could ever envisage and take into account
all the possible user settings and ensure that absolutely none will be effected during an upgrade and still get
the updates out in a timely cost effective manner. (especially free upgrades..)
Monitor screen assists check of each model.
Another reason recheck all functions each model is essential after an upgrade"

and copy last 1/2 page of update infromation sheet is attached.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93141.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1870344  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 PM
A.T.

double post? was getting an error 500 in lieu of uploading a jpg, then this 50% duplicated post #7 appeared??
After return to forum noticed new sticky "RCU is in the Doghouse" explaining RCUis preparing for an upgrade..
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 AM
ddaveb

Make a note of which way the channel is moving in your tx servo moniter to eliminate servo or mechanical oddities