Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anyone seeing ads from Dreamworks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone seeing ads from Dreamworks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 02:16 PM
rbean2
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone seeing ads from Dreamworks?

"We don't need no stinking ads". Those of us who have bought from you in the past remember and know where to buy.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Pepperpete

Signed up!

ORIGINAL: gunradd

Already have one for us Todd.
http://www.rcjetaddiction.com/

Best part is Dustin is the moderator. Nice having a fellow jet pilot in charge.

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

I have tried numerous times over the past month to see just ONE of my ads, refreshing the page over and over again... yet to see one!
I appreciate the feedback guys. Think it is time for us to pull out of the RCU advertising. We suggest you follow our [link=https://www.facebook.com/groups/203617622985114/]FACEBOOK[/link] page for daily updates, notices and specials (some which are never posted here) as we decide where our advertising is best suited. Clearly, RCU is no longer providing us (or you) the service we grew accustomed to when Marc and Michael were running things. Even those in control of the advertising cant seem to communicate with each other to get things done.

Would there REALLY be any interest in me creating a forum? I can put one together fairly quick if there is a real interest!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

Thanks guys... at least ''someone'' is seeing them [&o]

Curious... How many of you actually click on these ads to check out something being advertised? The response from the ads has been very poor for quite some time on RCU, Thinking it may be time to quit advertising here. Do you find them useful or just ignore them? We do have a [link=https://www.facebook.com/groups/203617622985114/]FACEBOOK[/link] page which we post all of our updates and sale info on... Perhaps its time to end things with RCU?
Todd, the thing is, those of us that build and fly jets, already know about you and use you whether there is an Ad or not. The likelihood that somebody is surfing the jet section, and DOESN'T KNOW about Dreamworks seems very small. And if they dont know about you, usually its because they are tire kickers or curious newbs that likely wont be going to your site for anything meaningful.

I have yet to come across a jet flier or buddy at a jet meet or anywhere else that doesn't know that you are the best source around. Just my $0.02

Any Ads on RCU would seem like a waste. Ad in RCJI or Jet Power seem more feasible since even though they are slow in distribution and print products (except for Jet Power for my iPad), at least you are reaching a world-wide audience that may hit you up for goods.

Good luck bro, got your back here.

Shaz
Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Mike06659

RCU has really been disappointing over the past 1-2yrs. Dead links and server errors have turned me away. I hope you can find a better way to spend your advertising dollars. I think Todd can get more for his money someone else.
Mike
Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Gonzalo38

What about doing an official Dreamworks Facebook page instead of using your name ? When you type Dreamworks in Facebook I can't find your business.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:35 PM
skippyc5
My Feedback: (244)

Todd,
I also have seen and clicked on the ad for the Vt-80, I also scan your website a few times a week looking for any thing new that i can't live without. I think if RCU doesn't get there act together with uploading pictures i believe they may lose alot of viewers.
Thanks for your great service to the jet community, Greg
Old 04-10-2013, 03:53 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

See them all of the time...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58684.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1870437  
Old 04-10-2013, 03:55 PM
mario tavarez14
My Feedback: (37)

yes i did
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79708.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1870438  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:35 PM
sskianpour

+1 for RC Jet Addictions advertising!

Shaz
Old 04-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Wayne22

Okay, today I saw the VT-80 ad..first time in awhile. As I am not in the market for an engine, I have no need to click on the ad....but when I need a new doo-dad..I know exactly where to go...

I do appreciate the new product announcements here though, as I may not stumble on them browsing your website. I don't do facebook FYI...
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM
RSO

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw your add just now, & previously. Sometimes it reminds me to look up something on your site.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you are wasting your money on RCU, however, I WON'T waste my time on Facebook. IMO, one day the world is going to wake up and drop Facebook in the S**T where it belongs. The stock rip-off was predicting the future IMO.

PaulD

Old 04-11-2013, 01:50 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

I think the adds and how they appear on RCU are directly related to the threads you frequent, all I have seen for months is the Modellbau Tornado adds, nothing else.

Mike

EDIT; just went back to the jets forum front page and there it was again.

2nd EDIT: and again, and this time its at the top of this thread.
Last three login its been the same Tornado adds over and over, have not seen a Dreamworks add in the top banner for 10 days.

Mike
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just went back to the RCJets forum and there the Tornado was again, how much are Modellbau US paying for this constant advertising, it seems they can advertise on the threads (against RCU rules) and get special treatment on the banner adds as well??????????????????????????

Mike
Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 PM
skippyc5
My Feedback: (244)

Paul
I'm with you about facebook, people put to much personel info on it. IMO!!
Greg
Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Just went back to the RCJets forum and there the Tornado was again, how much are Modellbau US paying for this constant advertising, it seems they can advertise on the threads (against RCU rules) and get special treatment on the banner adds as well??????????????????????????

Mike
Mike,
This isn't quite true. Let me see if I can add some insight to this. RCU's rules are very clear in what can be posted as far as product announcements in the forums. The rules have always been classified by who is an advertiser and who isn't an advertiser, and the biggest difference has been that advertisers can start a new product announcement thread every 7 days while the non-advertisers can only do it every 30 days. There are a few other minor perks the advertiser gets, but they aren't too big. And here is where the problem has come in. Back in the days before IB purchased RCU we had a server that hosted all the info about our advertisers, and the moderators could go to a simple website and pull up a list to see who was, and who wasn't, and advertiser. And then they could apply the rules accordingly. The moderators have always erred on the side of caution and not taken actions unless they were absolutely sure. So a lot of things did slip through the cracks and some people got away with stuff they shouldn't have

After the purchase by IB this server was no longer in use, so we really didn't have a way to find out who was a current advertiser. Over the weekend I was introduced to our new Marketing Director and then have been in some conference calls with various IB people. I have now set up a system where I will maintain a private thread that our Moderators can access and will have a list of all of our advertisers so that they will now know the current status of any commercial entity on RCU. So we can expect to see some improvement in these rules being applied more fairlyl from this point forward.

If anybody thinks that a commercial member is getting away with more than they should it's easy to create a report ticket on them, or you can PM me directly and I will be more than happy to look into to matter. As I have said elsewhere on RCU today, things are going to be getting better here as we move forward, and it should happen pretty quickly. I know that all of you as members have endured a lot over the past, but all I can do is ask that you stick with us a little bit longer. I have seen the commitment that IB has in RCU and getting us back on top. Trust me, if I didn't think it was going to happen I wouldn't stick around here. But it is going to happen.

Ken

Old 04-12-2013, 03:50 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Ken,
What Mike is referring to is the fact that he is seeing Nothing but modellbau ads, and never a Dreamworks. I see the same, a few rotating ads but I have not seen one of mine since the beginning of the year!
If I log on as a "Guest" I do see them (not nearly as often as ever other advertiser) but if I am logged in, never seen! There are many others that never see my ads as well.....

BTW.... just refreshed the page 50 times, still not one of my ads....
Old 04-12-2013, 06:45 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Todd,
 I know exactly what you are talking about. I replied to you PM and shed some light on the situation, but will share a little here too since this is in public. The problem with the advertisers and them "getting love" has been identified by IB. They are working hard to fix the issues and making sure that all the advertisers get what they pay for. They can't change the past, but they can fix the problems and move forward. And I firmly believe that is what they are doing. Trust me when I say this, if I didn't truly think that was happening I wouldn't be out there saying it. 

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 04-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

but they can fix the problems and move forward
I don't know anything about the advertising side of it, but RCU has been promising to "fix the problems" for months now and the problems still exist.
The members are frustrated because the improvements have not happened. Your advertisers aren't going to have anyone to advertise to if things keep going the way they have around here.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:07 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Todd,

I've seen Dreamworks ads several times today so hopefully the problem is fixed.

Then again, it's not like you have to advertise to get my business! The Finance Dept at work needs me to send them your new address so they can just direct deposit my paychecks with you and save all the transfer fees.

Jim
Old 04-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Gonzalo38

Incredible..... now I'm seeing the add every time I log in. For sure now Dreamworks is getting the LOVE.....
Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one there now, and I see them frequently.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:40 PM
ticketec

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: sideshow

I have one there now, and I see them frequently.
+1

Thanks

dave
Old 04-13-2013, 08:09 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Strange...still have yet to see one! Seeing what appears to be every ad but ours. [:@]
Old 04-13-2013, 10:43 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Every time I log in to RCU jets the VT80 ad has been at the top. Every day, every time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.