Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

copter x 450 black angel spool up problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

copter x 450 black angel spool up problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:39 PM
jetRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default copter x 450 black angel spool up problem

I have put in new hs65mg servos in my 450 black angel and when i spool up, the heli banks to the left and tips over, i have tried triming the oppisite way and reversing the servos but nothing seems to work. Im not running flybarless or anything, i just want to be up and running, if you have a responce i would really appreciate it.

THANKS!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: copter x 450 black angel spool up problem

Do you have the correct swash setting set in your transmitter? Do all the servo's work in the correct way before spooling up?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:08 PM
jetRC

Im not sure if the servos are moving the correct way, but when I was installing them, I followed the digram of the Hitec/Futaba servo position, because previously with the stock servos installed, the servos are positioned either on the left or right side of the frame, I got it as a ready to fly combo and it was all set-up for me when I got it out of the box, so how I do make them move the correct way, because when I tried reversing the aileron servos they still moved the same way as the normal setting, and when I flip the throttle hold switch, the servos move  in a weird direction when they should all move upwards.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Goggles

What kind of radio do you have?(model number) My guess is there should be some where you need to tell it to use 3 servo/120 deg swash for the mixing. Here is a video of how the swash should move [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QvucB_MO2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QvucB_MO2Q[/link]. I know it's fbl but left is still left and right is still right. For the pitch, all 3 servos need to move up and down together.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:46 AM
karlik

Download the manual [link=http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/copterx_blackangel_manual.pdf]here[/link]
correct servo movement is on page 18.

I changed out one servo in my 450 SE with a new one (same make and model) and the small difference in travel between the old and new servo made it very hard to fly - I had to reset it in the transmitter and set it up from scratch all over again, and I used the opportunity to get an experienced scale guy to go through it with me and make sure I did it right ( I originally learned by watching the mickey and finless bob videos).

No offense intended, but if you're "not sure if the servos are moving the correct way" you should find an experienced pilot and ask for help setting yours up too.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:19 PM
jetRC

I use at the moment a turnigy 9x with another brand name on it.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Goggles

On page 13 of the manual you can set your swash type, I think you can find a setting there that should make swash move properly.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 AM
ehirobo ehirobo

remove the motor from drive. the swash should tilt to the direct you want to fly to. eg, throttle stick up the swash will move up, elevator up the swash should tilt forward, etc.