Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

EXM MINI

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

EXM MINI

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:51 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EXM MINI

Joao,

How many flights has the prototype had?

How comes Tumbler has had an invoice when the model isn't ready to ship, but I haven't had an invoice?

I assume that those of us that have pre-ordered will get their models before the dealers?

When do we choose our colour schemes?

Old 04-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Midas D.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell anything about this bird?

It's getting a bit frustrating this whole deal......

All these beautyfull birds beeing put out there from different companies (mostly made in China) with all the prommesing foto's reviews etc. etc. etc.
They make us teased till you start dripping, waving credit cards/money burning in your pocket, etc.

But then............

The big reading of a cooking book in the middle of the ocean afther a ship wreck starts....................

Nothing, just teasing.........

Alway's something, no tank, no retracts,has to come in, ship is delayed,and so on and so on............

It's driving me crazy :-(

Please dear retailers, if you guy's cant supply don't drive us crazy!
Please have the patients and don't put the cooking book on the net untill you can supply, other wise it's only making verry frustrating promises.

Sorry for my poor English

Old 04-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Ravivos

ORIGINAL: Midas D.

Can anyone tell anything about this bird?

It's getting a bit frustrating this whole deal......

All these beautyfull birds beeing put out there from different companies (mostly made in China) with all the prommesing foto's reviews etc. etc. etc.
They make us teased till you start dripping, waving credit cards/money burning in your pocket, etc.

But then............

The big reading of a cooking book in the middle of the ocean afther a ship wreck starts....................

Nothing, just teasing.........

Alway's something, no tank, no retracts,has to com in, ship is delayed,and so on and so on............

It's driving me crazy :-(

Please dear retailers, if you guy's cant supply don't drive us crazy!
Please have the patients and don't put the cooking book on the net untill you can supply, other wise it's only making verry frustrating promises.

Sorry for my poor English

+1!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:48 AM
siclick33

Has anyone else received any more information?

I have recieved a PM saying that now is the time to pick my colour scheme. One of the options is 'green devil' but I have no idea what that looks like.

I also haven't had any of my questions answered regarding the amount of testing that the prototype has had. For all I know, it might have only ever flown once.

I assume that, despite this thread saying that some models had been shipped, that noone has received one yet?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Midas D.

I really hope you guy's didn't put any money in.........

think got an idea where this is going........

really sad, it shouldn't be like this........
Old 04-17-2013, 07:28 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Midas D.

I really hope you guy's didn't put any money in.........

think got an idea where this is going........

really sad, it shouldn't be like this........
+1! I asked questions early on in this thread. It seem praise was responded to while my questions fell by the waste side, so I simply walked away. Initial customers on this project are brave souls, hopefully it will turn out all good, but I'm guessing it will not be due to thorough flight test.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 AM
siclick33

No money changed hands yet and unless something radically changes over the next couple of days that is likely to be the way it stays!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I would guess the EXM Mini has never been fight tested, but thats purely a guess.

still looks like a hot model though !
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Ravivos

ORIGINAL: i3dm

I would guess the EXM Mini has never been fight tested, but thats purely a guess.

still looks like a hot model though !
Although it looks like a hot model, it does seems strange that there is too much hype going on this thread without any substantial proof of its "hotness" (if there is such a word... )
Old 04-17-2013, 11:54 AM
siclick33

OK, I hate to do this as the model looks so good but I now have sufficient info from reliable sources to say that I will no longer be going ahead with my order.

Apparently, JoaoMatosRC products were on show at Florida Jets so it would be interesting to hear from anyone that saw them.

Joao,

If you are interested in sending me a EXM Mini kit for review, I may consider offering to review it, photo it, build it and if I deem it fit to fly then I will get a video of it in the air and post it all on RCU. This will still be a large outlay for me in terms of time and the cost of onboard equipment but I can see potential in this model so might be happy to help.

I am not prepared to purchase one at the present time.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:17 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't remember seeing them at Florida Jets 2013. I would have remembered an EXM or MINI
Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM
siclick33

I understand that Jetcentral may have had a model on static display (not sure whether it was EXM Sport, EXM Mini or something else).
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Dirk Böhle

I am waiting for my EXM Mini and i give him extreme Kolibri Power.
I think it´s near than 4kg trust
Results follow.

Dirk
Old 04-24-2013, 01:03 AM
siclick33

Dirk, PM sent.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:16 AM
siclick33

Just so that other people are aware of what I have been told about this model, I have been informed by someone who has seen some of the JoaoMatosRC products, that construction and covering is poor and that the quality control is not there (yet). I have been advised by the same person, who once again I stress has seen some of these models already (I'm not sure if he has seen the Mini, but certainly several others), not to buy one.

In terms of customer service, several questions have been posed on this thread and have been left unanswered. I was asked by Joao on 16 April, by PM, to pick the colour scheme that I wanted. There are no pictures that I can see of the 'Green Devil' option, so I replied immediately and asked for a picture. I don't know if Joao is ignoring me due to my posts on this thread but I never received a response. This is not the first email/PM that has been ignored.

So in summary, the model doesn't come highy rated, no information is available on the prototype and the customer service is almost non-existent. For anyone still thinking about this model I would recommend proceeding with caution.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 AM
weazel1

i would love to get one and check it out by using it edf style
besides its a new company he started thing might be a little off at first
just hang in there joao
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 AM
siclick33

I agree that that may be the case with the quality of the model but, in my experience, customer service doesn't get better as the models become more popular and the number of enquiries increases.

If you are in the US and want to buy one, you might struggle to find a dealer to sell one to you
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM
JM-PORTUGAL

Hi my friends.

I would like to know how many companies with dealers for all
World give direct suport in this forum! Who make it, knows the dificult to answer to all.
Once again, sorry if i do answer in time to all of you!
I am developing new items!

About cover and acessories quality... Just my costumers can give you the answer!

As i told... Costumers opinion is very importante to me.... But i have to study all opinions.

Only with hard work and cooperation can have sucess!

Last weekend Raul Lozano wins Best Sport Jet Flight with EXM SPORT... Compete agains Ultra Flash, Viper, Hawk, Scorpion...
This was only possible with work and improvement qualities!

As i told to someone... My test and revieu pilot is Raul Lozano.
After tomorow i will be with Raul in final tests of EXM MINI... All of you are invited to come to Portugal and help :-)

Thanks for your suport

Joao Matos
www.joaomatosrc.com
Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 PM
siclick33

Joao,

I was on the list for one of the introductory models. If you can't support those who order direct from you then you shouldn't have asked people to order direct.

This excuse about not having time to reply to me because you have so many dealers (which you have used as an excuse to me before in PM) is no excuse. I have spoken to 2 of your 'dealers' and neither recommended your products. It was one of these dealers that told me about the poor quality of your models and the covering.

I have dealt with many companies recently that promise things but don't deliver. You have promised photos, videos, delivery dates but as yet nothing. Hopefully we will finally actually see something after your tests with Raul tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi João & Co:

Hey guys, I am sure that João will give us a perfect product, is only question of time, sometimes the good things need more time for develop and produce a fine product. I think.

I hope as soon as possible more news from João, but will be necessary wait.

Regard from Spain.
Carlos MÃ*rquez
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM
737abdalla

Hello everyone, my name is Thiago Abdalla i'm from Brazil and a few months ago I received EXM SPORT coming from Hong Kong, the construction of the model is very well made but the covering service not so much because i bought the first ones, now i believe they are made with oracover covering, . Due to this model is newly released, several adjustments need to be made ​​to finish the assembly. There are still a few pieces to arrive at my address. I believe that Joao send this pieces separeted because each piece is manufactured in a diferrent place. I´m glad with the plane but i didn´t fly yet, whem the landing gear struts arrive i´ll finish and post the flight with more details and specs, im my opinion the model is very light, not made for speed, but will fly very well on our weekends. i´m using a K100G turbine. And i also bought an EXM MINI that i believe will fly well with k-60 or puma jet 60. 

Old 05-02-2013, 03:55 AM
JM-PORTUGAL

Hi

Hope you enjoy it :-)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUX4Qku8iU

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUX4Qku8iU/[youtube]

Thanks for your suport.

Joao Matos
Www.joaomatosrc.com
Old 05-02-2013, 04:57 AM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello João:

Amazing photos !!! Really cool !!!

Congrats my friend.

BR.
Carlos Márquez.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:22 AM
siclick33

Still no video of it flying so that you can determine what the performance is like.

Nice to see that it has actually flown at least once though!! I take it that is the end of flight testing
Old 05-02-2013, 05:43 AM
JM-PORTUGAL

Thanks Carlos :-)

Some photos was take in Maceda Museum :-)

All components ( tank, tailpipe, landing gear ) are tested :-)

Hi Darren i would like to invite you to come to PAM 2013 and see it flying :-) ;-)

Thanks for your suport

Joao Matos
Www.joaomatosrc.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.