Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Got a new boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Got a new boat

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 AM
jetman75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new boat

I recently traded for a Proboat 1/12 Miss Budweiser. Couple days ago I went down to my local rc shop to have the guy check it out and see what it needs to run. Anyways I found out the engine is a piece of crap and needs a bunch to run. So I decided the best way for me to go is electric. Now I'm new to the whole rc world so I have no idea what I will need to convert it to electric. Can anyone help?

Hide Signatures
Old 04-14-2013, 03:03 AM
rbeugn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got a new boat

Just posted a question and started reading others. Start with a motor, for that size boat 36xx, 50 amp minimum, 2500 to 4000 KV , 36 being can diamiter and xx is length, KV is Rpm per volt, either water cooled or add water jacket. Esc 20 amps or more than motor and also water cooled, if using 50 amp motor use 70 amp Esc. Motor mount to match. Tubing for extra water cooling with matching Y connectors, some run just a loop through both motor and Esc I prefer each to have its own feed tube. Batteries nimh or lipo, some Esc will handle both, Nimh are more rugged and cheaper but heavy, lipo lighter and deliver more punch but sensitive to charge/discharge rates, voltage depends on how fast you want to go, but don't execced Esc or motor voltage. Probably need a smaller prop. The reason you didn't get an answer, this question is asked alot