My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fortitude tanks

I have no personal experience with them but have heard nothing bad about them
Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 AM
smarks

Great tanks, although a little fragile. There is a long thread regarding these tanks over on FG.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:58 PM
skillet92

Have 2 of these tanks. Both good sit-ups. They are a little thin but time will tell how durable. Have an 8oz in a Funtana 125. And a 16 oz in a h9 mustang. Like both setups. Easy install.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81420.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1872062  
Old 04-14-2013, 05:48 PM
ameyam

Perhaps the question I should have been asking - suggest me a good gas tank

ameyam
Old 04-14-2013, 07:27 PM
smarks

These are great tanks, but Dubros are tried and true as well. What are you putting it in?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 PM
ameyam

Actually I was ordering the Yak 90-120 stuff from Aeroworks. Getting the stuff from US to India is a expensive affair, so I was looking for any thing that could be added that will provide the airplane with some weight saving and also fill up my order

Ameyam
Old 04-15-2013, 03:30 AM
skillet92

They are good tanks. The fittings can be found to replace if needed. The part that I like the best is the screw on cap. Simple and easy. I can't say how long they will last. I have only had them about a year. But they. Thing that makes them great to me is the see through style. You can tell how your pick up tube is doing.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:46 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ameyam

Actually I was ordering the Yak 90-120 stuff from Aeroworks. Getting the stuff from US to India is a expensive affair, so I was looking for any thing that could be added that will provide the airplane with some weight saving and also fill up my order

Ameyam
Makes sense to me since Aerowerks sells these tanks. You will like the tanks fine. I make my own polyester tanks and sell the components to others to make their own, and I belive the components are the same. The clear polyester tanks have several advantages and are very tough. Don't let the tank wall flex throw you off. These tanks withstand very high pressure, are absolutely leak-freeand are very resilient and lighter than anything else flying today.

The Dubro and Sulivan tanks are good but are heavier and the stoppers don't always work as well....

If you want to save some more weight on the 120 sized model, let me suggest you also get a Tech Aero IBEC. It saves the weight of the ignition battery and switch harness, or around 5-8 ozs. depending on battery size one would use for ignition. The convenience of remotely controlling the arming and disarming of the CDI is worth the price (40$ US). Connects to retract channel or other convenient channel

Good luck
Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Flyfast1
My Feedback: (1)

Has anyone found a good source for clear rectangular bottles in 24 ounce size? I purchased the fittings from Matt in this thread (thank you Matt!) and have been looking for a 24 ounce rectangular bottle to use as a tank. Most of the rectangular water bottles I have seen, e.g., Fuji, etc., in convenience stores are 16 or 32 ounce. 24 ounces would be a better size for my 50cc planes.

Thanks,

-Ed B.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: Flyfast1

Has anyone found a good source for clear rectangular bottles in 24 ounce size? I purchased the fittings from Matt in this thread (thank you Matt!) and have been looking for a 24 ounce rectangular bottle to use as a tank. Most of the rectangular water bottles I have seen, e.g., Fuji, etc., in convenience stores are 16 or 32 ounce. 24 ounces would be a better size for my 50cc planes.

Thanks,

-Ed B.
Ed, You are welcome!!

I agree 24 ozs, (725 ml) is ideal for 50cc class. There has got to be a 750 ml bottle available, even if it isn't rectangular.....Maybe some shampoo or conditioner bottles except these are never rectangular.

I contacted one bottle maker and they wanted to sell a truck load at a time (about 80,000 bottles) to make it worthwhile for them

I've run my DLE55s with a 500 ml Fiji tanks for a couple seasons. I get 12 minutes tops. I make it work but would be easier with more capacity
Old 04-15-2013, 01:45 PM
smarks

Try McMaster-Carr. Don't know if they would have the bottles, but worth a shot. They have a TON of stuff. http://www.mcmaster.com
Old 04-15-2013, 05:12 PM
kork
My Feedback: (65)

I think if I lived in India with no local by shop I would buy 2 red gas stoppers and one Dubro tank. They are bullet proof and will last for many years. I think the new fortitude and othe fuji bottles are nice lookingand are for people that dont like plumbing.myoppinion, theyhave not been around long enough to say and are very pricey. Once again nice looking
jason
Old 04-15-2013, 05:14 PM
kork
My Feedback: (65)

In most cases the dubro tanks out live the plane they were installed into
Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 PM
ameyam

Hi Kork,

I have the Dubro Tanks. I am still sitting on the fence with the CF LG that is the "basis" of my order. Its made by Graphtech and I havent heard many good things about them lately. Wondering whether the 50cc CF gears from HK would be better, then I will not order anything at all

Ameyam
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: Flyfast1

Thanks,

-Ed B.
Hi Ed,

I searched and found this http://www.containerandpackaging.com...&0&undefined,1

It's 750cc high density polyethylene along with the closure; you can't see through it tho.... You would need a seal for the closure or cap. Not particularly expensive except shipping usually is killer
Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 AM
JVB
My Feedback: (2)

I like these [link]http://www.mcmaster.com/#general-purpose-plastic-bottles/=mcxqi7[/link]

but they don't come in 24 oz.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:49 AM
MTK

It's the oddball size tank that's hard to get.

I have a great source of 8, 16 and 32 oz tanks, square clear polyester with about a 50 psi burst spec. Inexpensive and coupled with the fittings and supeflex gas lineI sell that stays flexible for years,it's agreat a solution;arguablybetter than most.

If anyone needs inexpensive gas line or fittings, or complete tanks, email me directly to the addy below. BTW- in my tank solution nothing gets glued; tanks are fully serviceable